World Financial Group

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joe DiPaola

Pros
  • You learn a lot of great skills on the job(in 3 reviews)

• flexible time, good money, great people and environment to work with(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Once you've tapped out all your friends and family it's prospect for more clients with strangers, or you stagnate(in 6 reviews)

• does take some time and money to get started, but well worth it once you get the license and trained(in 3 reviews)

great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is not a scam job. They do great work in helping people do well. They are insurance sales and finance help. You works as part of a team to accomplish great things. They have several trips and benefits for those who do well. have the potential to make big money.

Consdoes take some time and money to get started, but well worth it once you get the license and trained.

Hard work always pays off..

Associate (Current Employee) Newark, CA

ProsJust like with any other business, you work hard and make sacrifices in order to be successful.
     Weekly training are provided to make you an effective agent. Our Newark office mentors created a very positive and supportive working environment as they guide you in achieving your goals. We all have personal intentions and I consider myself lucky that with the team where I belong, that while those SAs, MDs and SMDs want to achieve their financial goals, they want to make sure you achieve yours too and in any business that's how it works. You work , VERY VERY HARD at first so when you have your own team, they will in return learn how HARD WORK pays off.

ConsI can't think of any. You just need to be coach-able and learn the basics before you create your own strategy.

Legit opportunity with reputable company, not for people looking to be an employee

Financial Advisor/Insurance Agent (Current Employee) Cranston, RI

ProsWFG is not going anywhere anytime soon. They are owned by Transamerica, a 100+ year old reputable company, which is owned by Aegon which is a Global Fortune 500 company with over 400 billion in assets.

Unlimited income potential with no glass ceilings are a definite pro.

No bosses/firing/layoffs are at WFG.

Company's business system promotes an abundance mentality which states that everybody can win vs a lack mentality like many employees experience at one time or another (read 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Covey).

Passive income stream, residual income stream, being compensated for all the work you put in, and ownership are all offered here. Personal development, leadership training, public speaking, insurance & FINRA license training, financial acumen, and marketing skills are all here for the taking.

You will learn how to create your own personal financial strategy for our own family as an initial first step. When you make money you will have a plan for how that money will be utilized if you follow your own strategy. This level of experience in invaluable.

Independent broker/dealer so you can offer products and solutions from over 150+ different companies to suit your client best rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. All the big names you can think of, you can market.

Corporate discounts are offered to all and paid family vacations are offered as production rewards,
    This opportunity supports my family (Me, my husband, and 6 children) and can do the same for you. That is as real as it gets.

ConsI find it somewhat unfair that this company is listed on this site as WFG associates ARE NOT EMPLOYEES. All associates (with the exception of home office support, executive leadership, and potential hired local office support) are independent contractors, in other words, business owners.

This is not for people looking to punch a clock, have possibly clueless human resource reps plan your retirement & finances for you, and get paid for showing up or having paid time off and sick days...if that is what excites you, please don't waste your time unless you are open-minded.

If you start and then quit....you will have wasted your time.
    If you start and never get any licenses (no license = no $$$ here) you never really began and aren't qualified to review this company.
    If you are going for an interview with a WFG rep, it is a personal interview to see if you are qualified to work with them and a company overview, not for a J-O-B. There is no hiring involved because no one is an employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementPenalize irresponsible associates who make people think they are coming for job interviews rather than a company overview, presentation, and personal interview. They are setting a bad precedent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's ok

Prosflexible time, good money, great people and environment to work with

Consneed to pay all the fees at the beginning, learn the products and system yourself, recruit all the time

World Financial Group is a financial marketing company that focuses on financial freedom of families.

Training Associate (Current Employee) Edison, NJ

ProsCompensation is commission based, but with high contract levels. Starting is at 25% contract level and can go up to 65% in just 6 months to a year.

ConsWork-life balance is a bit of a challenge because there is constant training for product knowledge or field training opportunities. Commission based compensation can also mean you may eat well one week, but it's back to peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches the next.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell people from the start that it's better to start off as a part-time business while working another job. And slowly ease into it. The high performers become "flavor of the month" but because of the high pace end up burning out and never returning. A slow steady pace to work up after getting licensed and getting field trained is a good one.

Very positive place.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsVery welcoming, friendly, warm, positive people. Helpful, encouraging, people

ConsThey want you to move into the investment, financial field, and recruit others to join. I wanted to be trained and learn the Insurance field first, before moving into that area. Didn't happen, made no money.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain people to learn the Insurance Industry so they can make money and lean that area, before moving into the Investment, Financial arena and not spend all their time recruiting.

Marketing Associate

Pros+ Cheap & Easy to Join
    + Easy to get a license to sell Insurance.
    + Not a usual type of MLM
    + Good company

Cons+ its still a MLM
    + Hard to start
    +Make money by selling insurance
    + Your mentor alway try to convince you to buy life insurance for yourself so he could make money first.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell people upfront about they will not get commission if they sell the life insurance to themselves.

Tremendous opportunity

Independent Representative (Current Employee) Redding, CA

ProsFlexible hours, unlimited income potential, unmatched products

ConsNone, It is what you make of it.

Great learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWFG gives you the opportunity to start your own business in the financial services industry. The training there is fabulous and if you are a hard worker, you will make money.

ConsYou have to pay for your own life license before you start making money. The same goes for the Series 6, 65 and 23.

Great way to help help families!

ProsWork on your own schedule, always meeting new people in different careers

ConsYou have to get a life and health license and pass test.

Worked for World Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!