World Financial Group

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014

4.0

Joe DiPaola

Pros
  • You learn a lot of great skills on the job (in 3 reviews)

• flexible time, good money, great people and environment to work with (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Once you've tapped out all your friends and family it's prospect for more clients with strangers, or you stagnate (in 6 reviews)

• does take some time and money to get started, but well worth it once you get the license and trained (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Business

Current Employee - SMD  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - SMD in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1) Learn financial knowledge that not only benefit ours but also many others
    2) By working hard, you will get $$$
    3) Better life lessons learned.
    4) Great leadership program
    5) Able to help many other people

Cons

1) It takes time, so be patient. If you want quick money, this is not the right business.

They like individual insurance agents union. The working environment is fine, with great passion.

Former Employee - Assistant  in  Alviso, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant in Alviso, CA

I worked at World Financial Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

My professor introduced me to do inter there.

Cons

Basic assistant work. But you have to know some ideas about insurance policy and contract.

Be Highly Disciplined - Make $$$

Current Employee - Independent Contractor  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Independent Contractor in New York, NY

I have been working at World Financial Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited income potential, high level company training and advancement opportunities, you will become a licensed professional ready to grow a business! Learn proven closing and sales techniques.

Cons

As with any commission based financial services job it is very hard to develop a business to the point where referrals just land in your lap. it takes diligence and perseverance. Focusing on completing daily goals is not as easy as you may have heard.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Atmosphere

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Corona, CA

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very professional and knowledgeable. The motivation that everyone has to succeed is amazing. I would say that 95% of the managers and associates do want you to do well. I refuse to give up!!

Cons

No Salary to start is really hard. And Not everyone can just pickup the process in 30days or less.

I think that people need to know how to fill out the applications for the policy's. All of that training is great but if you can't fill out the application for a policy all of the knowledge of the products will do you no good!!

Working with WFG I realized how not to work for money, but instead have money work for you.

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the mission this company holds. And the leadership is beyond words amazing.

Cons

It's not easy, but its simply if you follow the system.

great

I worked at World Financial Group

Pros

This is not a scam job. They do great work in helping people do well. They are insurance sales and finance help. You works as part of a team to accomplish great things. They have several trips and benefits for those who do well. have the potential to make big money.

Cons

does take some time and money to get started, but well worth it once you get the license and trained.

Hard work always pays off..

Current Employee - Associate  in  Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in Newark, CA

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Just like with any other business, you work hard and make sacrifices in order to be successful.
     Weekly training are provided to make you an effective agent. Our Newark office mentors created a very positive and supportive working environment as they guide you in achieving your goals. We all have personal intentions and I consider myself lucky that with the team where I belong, that while those SAs, MDs and SMDs want to achieve their financial goals, they want to make sure you achieve yours too and in any business that's how it works. You work , VERY VERY HARD at first so when you have your own team, they will in return learn how HARD WORK pays off.

Cons

I can't think of any. You just need to be coach-able and learn the basics before you create your own strategy.

Legit opportunity with reputable company, not for people looking to be an employee

Current Employee - Financial Advisor/Insurance Agent  in  Cranston, RI
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor/Insurance Agent in Cranston, RI

I have been working at World Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

WFG is not going anywhere anytime soon. They are owned by Transamerica, a 100+ year old reputable company, which is owned by Aegon which is a Global Fortune 500 company with over 400 billion in assets.

Unlimited income potential with no glass ceilings are a definite pro.

No bosses/firing/layoffs are at WFG.

Company's business system promotes an abundance mentality which states that everybody can win vs a lack mentality like many employees experience at one time or another (read 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Covey).

Passive income stream, residual income stream, being compensated for all the work you put in, and ownership are all offered here. Personal development, leadership training, public speaking, insurance & FINRA license training, financial acumen, and marketing skills are all here for the taking.

You will learn how to create your own personal financial strategy for our own family as an initial first step. When you make money you will have a plan for how that money will be utilized if you follow your own strategy. This level of experience in invaluable.

Independent broker/dealer so you can offer products and solutions from over 150+ different companies to suit your client best rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. All the big names you can think of, you can market.

Corporate discounts are offered to all and paid family vacations are offered as production rewards,
    This opportunity supports my family (Me, my husband, and 6 children) and can do the same for you. That is as real as it gets.

Cons

I find it somewhat unfair that this company is listed on this site as WFG associates ARE NOT EMPLOYEES. All associates (with the exception of home office support, executive leadership, and potential hired local office support) are independent contractors, in other words, business owners.

This is not for people looking to punch a clock, have possibly clueless human resource reps plan your retirement & finances for you, and get paid for showing up or having paid time off and sick days...if that is what excites you, please don't waste your time unless you are open-minded.

If you start and then quit....you will have wasted your time.
    If you start and never get any licenses (no license = no $$$ here) you never really began and aren't qualified to review this company.
    If you are going for an interview with a WFG rep, it is a personal interview to see if you are qualified to work with them and a company overview, not for a J-O-B. There is no hiring involved because no one is an employee.

Penalize irresponsible associates who make people think they are coming for job interviews rather than a company overview, presentation, and personal interview. They are setting a bad precedent.

Very positive place.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX

I worked at World Financial Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Very welcoming, friendly, warm, positive people. Helpful, encouraging, people

Cons

They want you to move into the investment, financial field, and recruit others to join. I wanted to be trained and learn the Insurance field first, before moving into that area. Didn't happen, made no money.

Train people to learn the Insurance Industry so they can make money and lean that area, before moving into the Investment, Financial arena and not spend all their time recruiting.

It's ok

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible time, good money, great people and environment to work with

Cons

need to pay all the fees at the beginning, learn the products and system yourself, recruit all the time

Worked for World Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!