World Financial Group Reviews

Updated March 19, 2015
114 reviews filtered by
4.0
Joe DiPaola

Pros
  • You can learn a lot from the training (in 5 reviews)

• The chance to interact with a lot of great people and also learn a lot about insurance and investments (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Once you've tapped out all your friends and family it's prospect for more clients with strangers, or you stagnate (in 6 reviews)

• Unstable cash flow and no base salary (in 4 reviews)

1. Best of both worlds! Joined less than a month ago.

Current Employee - Associate in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in Stockton, CA

I have been working at World Financial Group

Pros

With the changing times, saving your future is mostly going downhill...but you can find a potentially big business of your own with no inventory and a small outlay at that!!!
    Bonus is, you help others with this under disseminated solution to people who's having difficulty to choose.

Cons

Alas......same as any other business, to hit 6 figures in $$$ you have to work hard or half way decent to see progress. You have to have commitments.

I agree to the idea of management should be able to finance the licensing fee if a new potential associate keeps producing.

2. Hides being a multi level marketing group not for those who can't commit to full time.

I worked at World Financial Group

Pros

Unlimited income potential. Retire in less than 25 years of work.

Cons

Must be able to work 6-7 days/week if u want to see real money. Constant expansion of your network and must be comfortable with talking to strangers, convincing friends and family to join under you. Unless you find a great mentor usually you have to learn everything on your own and usually requires money invested in your own future. 100% commission.

Give the novice owners a chance to learn everything about the business and don't tell them unrealistic expectations such as being able to make six figures in one year from having zero experience .must tell them that is unlikely but not impossible.

A growing and learning experience I would do again and again

Current Employee - Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at World Financial Group part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing beats setting your own schedule. The people you work with, the training you get, the trips you go on, and the products you provide are all second to none. The compensation is excellent as well.

Cons

This isn't a business for the faint of heart. You will need to constantly need to bust your butt and do the dirty dirty. Being that all pay is comission, there can be few to no days where you're off your game if you want to get paid.

How can I give this company advice? This is already one of the best companies I've ever been involved with. Keep up the good work

I have been at WFG for a couple of years. I can't say enough about this company. We cater to a very under served market.

Current Employee - Financial Planner/Insurance Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Planner/Insurance Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at World Financial Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to have your own business for very little $ and be trained from the ground up for free. Never do you have your own business for free. So, those who complain about the $100 admin fee and other things you have to pay for...
    (the cost of doing business) are not of the right mindset. You can't have "employee mentality" and expect to do well in this company, let alone in this industry. It's not a cakewalk for sure, no matter which company you work for. You have to work at it, but it's worth it. And they teach you everything! No glass ceiling here. I must say that different offices are run a bit differently, but that's because "people" are different. If you don't like where you are, check out going to a different office. You can't be discriminated against for age either. I'm over 60, and "job" options (IF I wanted a job) are limited. I don't like having someone bossing me around or telling me that whether I work 40 hours or 80 hours, I'm getting the same pay! Gee, sign me up for that! I have no boss, come & go as I please, and the $ I make is based on how hard I work at it. I love love love it! It also helps you "catch up " if your retirement isn't looking so good. I could go on, but suffice to say, if someone complains about the company, they didn't follow the system and do what it takes to succeed. Ask any highly successful (on their own) person if they worked their butt off to get where they are. I guarantee you it's rare that they will tell you no. They will usually tell you that they failed many many times before succeeding. It's part of the process! It's growth of character and spirit! By the way, we get paid 17 ways, and twice a week! What company does that? And for those worried about finding people as team members or clients, we teach you that too! There are more ways than you can imagine. We focus on the middle class, or anyone who needs help. That is a huge market! The big brokerage houses don't want your business if you have less than 500K in your portfolio! Pretty sad for them... Not so much for us. Don't assume you can't or don't like sales. We are education oriented, not pushy sales people (at least our office is trained that way). You don't have to burn through friends and relatives. I haven't approached any of my family and only a small handful of friends. It's pretty much like anything else in life...if you want it bad enough,
    you'll find a way to get it!

Cons

Basically, any cons are too minor to even mention. If you have the fortitude and the desire to do well, you will. One of the top guys in our company (10+ million a year) could barely speak English when he started. It can be done .... There are no cons to that scenario!

Keep up the good work...

6. insurance policy sales

I worked at World Financial Group

Pros

very motivating conferences are given

Cons

expectations are unrealistic based on the sole insurance business

work hard, make a difference, no ceiling

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Director in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Director in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at World Financial Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

no cap on compensation, leverage WFG's negotiated provider contracts, build a team as big as your imagination can sustain

Cons

you must be self-disciplined, driven and able to influence others in order to be successful

keep it up!

Draws you in...

I worked at World Financial Group

Pros

Lots of opportunities are available for the taking and company advancements don't seem too far to reach. Pretty easy to get into if your committed.

Cons

Work is commission based, so you may be encouraged to sell to your friends and family or you may not make as much. Also recruiting other individuals can earn you a commission, which makes the hiring process seem sloppy.

You Have To Be Driven!

Current Employee - Financial Planner/Insurance Agent in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Planner/Insurance Agent in Houston, TX

I have been working at World Financial Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The moral of the company is amazing!
    You get to go on trips and the incentives to succeed make it worth it.
    Income limit is unlimited as long as you put in hard work.
    You can grow a team under you and they can be making you money.
    They have weekly training so you can develop the skills you need to be awesome at your job.
    you can work from a laptop and not be stuck in an office if thats your choice.
    You get to help people save money and learn how to earn money with the insurance services you provide.
    The work hours are flexible. You can do this part time or full time.

Cons

In the Beginning.
    If you want this job and its going to look awesome.
    You have to pay 100 dollars to be registered and 25 dollars for the insurance study book.
    You have to pay for your own insurance license and take the test 63 dollars with personvue testing services.
    So putting money out first when your struggling to get a job or not making enough makes paying to get a job suck.

Maybe have like a sponsorship program where if you pay for the study book and registration as a new agent . All they have to pay for is the test. Then when the agent does their first deal the company can reimburse itself. So it looks like the company is putting some skin in for your success

10. don't waste your time

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at World Financial Group

Pros

there are no pros to this job

Cons

everything. pyramid schemes working for commission and bring buttered up are a waste of time

WFG Best Opportunity on the Planet!

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at World Financial Group

Pros

Your earning potential in unlimited, you have power over your time, your territory is unlimited.

Cons

No Cons as long as you give it 100%, it will give you 100%.