World Fuel Services

World Fuel Services Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

World Fuel Services President & CEO Michael J. Kasbar

Michael J. Kasbar

My experience at world fuel services has been beneficial due to a friendyly yet challenging environment.

Research Intern (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsThe people are the best thing about world fuel services. I have personally grown in my leadership ability, communication skills, and overall work habits.

ConsWork/Life balance is a slight issue. Many of my fellow employees seem totally engrossed in their jobs. Senior Management is very busy but very kind and considerate.

Must feed mgmt's ego's, if you don't or won't, collect a paycheck or leave...there's no advancement for you here.

Accounting (Current Employee)

ProsMost of the people are genuinely nice. They attempt to foster a good culture. The benefits are really good. Healthcare plans are great, they offer 401K matching. They also have pre-tax deductions for health care FSA and child care FSA. Vacation is great, but holidays aren't always guaranteed. This depends on department. Work life balance in my dept is pretty good, but could be better and this varies greatly from dept to dept. Growing company.

ConsThe people who aren't genuinely nice are usually fake, backstabbing rats who will do anything or say anything to make themselves look great and others look bad. Many times these people are in management. These are the same individuals who are rewarded with promotions and raises (which doesn't speak very highly to the fostering of the culture they tout). There are people who work their butts off and are overlooked for raises because they won't "sell out" and "drink the culture kool-aid". Positions very silo-ed. "Jane" doesn't know what "Dick" does, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive the culture. See through people who are just sucking up and stroking your ego. Maintain the culture through acquisitions. The reason I came to the company was salary and culture, the reason I'm going to leave will be culture.

Horrific Culture - the good reviews on here are likely the work of HR

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsAbsolutely nothing unless you like working for a company that is frequently the subject of law suits.

ConsNo upward mobility, gross incompetence in the executive suite, misrepresentation regarding your actual job description. Be aware of the bait and switch. They will tell you that you are being hired for one role, and then 4 weeks later will mysteriously have an emergency that they need you to take care of.

Those in the company who "know where the bodies are buried" will be protected and promoted over the employees who are actually productive. Frequent executive junkets while middle managers suffer from budget cuts.

Just stay away.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you like to work your weekends and vacations and have no empowerment this is the place for you

Senior IT Manager (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsLong lunches are the norm and the quality of the roses from the lobby vendor are outstanding.

ConsIT sr. management expects everyone to be at his beckon call - this includes weekends, evenings, holidays, etc. Planned vacations are not guaranteed, expect that your vacation plans can be cancelled at any time. Ability to be transparent with business partners is completely limited. You may only disclose and discuss what you've been told to say. Incredibly micro-managed culture at all levels of this organization. Don't expect to be respected for the expertise you were hired for and don't expect any investment to be made in you while you work here. This is an anti-training, anti-consultant, anti-learning culture. Very insular.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership changes are required across nearly every single organization from the uppermost levels down. The company and its negative culture are reflective of leadership. This leadership continues to cultivate a culture that is dragging this entire company down.

Great experience!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCaring co-workers
    Provided substantial guidance
    A lot of growth opportunities

ConsPolitical culture at times
    Too many meetings

No Growth Potential

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGood compensation package and work life balance

ConsExtremely disorganized; lack of training

Fast paced, entrepreneurial and addicted to growth

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsHighly entrepreneurial culture encouraging every single employee to think about bringing new business, whether organically or through acquisitions. Never a boring company.

ConsInternal flexibilities that allow for entrepreneurship also create confusion and conflicts among employees. Processes and procedures are often times vague.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore, not less, structure with clear goals and objectives for every employee. Reward people for their successes and hold people accountable for their mistakes. This should add value to the entrepreneurial culture the company is so intent in fostering.

Poor Interview process with lack of feedback

IT Manager (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsPerformance bonus in addition to the annual salary

ConsRecruiter do not get back to you if they do not select you.
    Very disorganized interview process with lack of direction and organization

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat candidates with respect because they can recommend other to interview

Unaligned senior exec team

IT Manager (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGreat location, work life balance is no challenge here - largely a 9-5 crowd

ConsNo strategy, indecisive CEO, culture of ridicule,tyranny in IT, no respect for skills and expertise of individuals, hugely inefficient operations, shortage of strong leaders, clueless board

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a lot of money being left on the table as a result of the inefficiency, ineffective leaders and absent strategy. Most of us want to make money.

World Fuel Services Review

ProsGood Place to Learn New Things.

ConsCareer Growth is very limited

Worked for World Fuel Services? Contribute to the Community!