World Relief

Add Photos

Stephan Bauman

Refugee Resettlement Intern

Refugee Resettlement Intern (Current Employee) Wheaton, IL

ProsYou really get to make a difference in people's lives. I got to see many families through the entire initial resettlement process- from finding an apartment for them, setting up their apartment, picking them up from the airport, taking them to the grocery store for the first time etc.

Everyone at World Relief cares deeply about refugee issues and it really shows through how they interact with them and serve them.

ConsWorking with refugees can be hard! And people don't work here for the money.

Great place to start your career.

Immigrant Legal Services (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat company to work at. Nice staff, friendly environment. Great place to make your first steps in career. Flexible schedule.

ConsThere is a room for personal growth but very limited dues to areas of law World Relief practicing.

Sad - great mission, bad leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe mission of the organization is great! Great co workers - majority. Slightly family friendly, some schedule flexibility - depends on supervisor.

ConsTerrible leadership - changes are constant and make no sense. Little transparency. High turn-over of staff. Nobody really knows who does what and managers can't/don't clarify or provide direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow a tried and true business model that makes sense and works! Stop making changes to structure and staff just because you're trying to be the hip organization. I know many people who are no longer with World Relief either by choice or not, who do excellent work and miss it terribly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A wonderful company that strives to save the lives of everyone, no ability to plan for the future

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople are extremely dedicated to their work.

Consthere is so much commotion at any given time that planning contracts with future employers in advance is impossible. This perpetuates the chaos in the office and makes it very stressful.

One of the Most On-target and Christ-centered Non-profits in International Development

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsPassionate employees with extensive and diverse experience in the field, personal and spiritual development opportunities, amazing CEO & VP's, Christ-centered mission and programs

ConsTransitions in leadership in specific departments made implementing positive changes to those department challenging. The office is located in the heart of downtown Baltimore, which is less than ideal having to deal with extra traffic, parking fees, or public transportation.

Performed series of interviews for the cross-cultural families in MN

Interview Coordinator (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsA lot of trust in the employee. Very pleasant and motivating environment. No micromanagement and over your shoulder looks.

ConsNot enough communication between upper management and employee

Advice to Senior ManagementIncorporate more REAL projects affecting real people today and tomorrow.

Best people on earth to work with, pay is the exact opposite

Program Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe management is servant hearted, everyone is there to change the world, people love and care for their clients better than at any other similar organizations (which says a lot in a field with love and care at its core). Decent infrastructure, lot of room to build original initiatives and improve processes.

ConsPay rate is lower than anywhere in the industry by a hefty margin! No real development tracks or promotional efforts. That said, people work here because they WANT to and are willing to sacrifice a living wage to do it.

Saving One Life at a time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsIt was nice at the end of the workday to feel that you made a difference in the life of a child, family or refugee in need through Jesus Christ.

ConsNo input from employees ever induced management to rework strategies for the company. Executive took away a lot of benefits and changed work culture to a more corporate environment.

Stuck in it ways

Networking Analyst (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsAtmosphere was good if you fit in the culture of the place.

ConsFor younger more aware people will seem old fashion

Advice to Senior Managementget with the times

Training health service providers

Health Capacity Building Officer (Former Employee) Bentiu (Sudan)

ProsSpiritually driven organisation with large network of interactions and area of operation is in line with my profession.

ConsThere were dangerous encounters in fields of clashes, transportation was tag of war and the teams were less out going.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove inter-staff relation through introduction of social activities.

Worked for World Relief? Contribute to the Community!