World Travel Holdings Reviews

95 reviews filtered by
2.9
World Travel Holdings Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Brad Tolkin
Brad Tolkin

Pros
  • Great for people who want to work from home and don't need daily contact (in 27 reviews)

• But seriously, the best reason to work here is perhaps the people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Even if you've never done a work-from-home job before (in 4 reviews)

• If you have worked in a call center then you know how bad those places really are (in 6 reviews)

1. Travel Pro

Current Employee - Travel Pro in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Travel Pro in Tampa, FL

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Potential to make good money. Freedom to work from home. Travel discounts. Great co-workers.

Cons

Long hours during busy season, January through April. It can be difficult to make a good paycheck during the slow season, September through December.

Advice to Management

Work-life balance is a big problem for those of us with a family. The bottom line is what counts, I get it, so I don't see this changing anytime soon.

2. They give you great support and the tools to be successful and to grow in the company.

Current Employee - Full Service Agent in Midwest City, OK
    Current Employee - Full Service Agent in Midwest City, OK

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

The ability to work from home
    The great incentives to get gift cards, etc
    The ability to learn other jobs
    The ability to take cruises at discount prices

Cons

Working schedules you might not like
    Working long hours and sitting in one place consistently
    Having addtional hours added to your schedule automatically

Advice to Management

To continue giving us reasons to give 110% for the success of the company
    To assist in balancing work/lifestyle

3. Ccr

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I liked the training. It can help a great deal and does determine where you are when it comes time to pick schedules. During wave season there are lots overtime and mandatory overtime

Cons

You are constantly reminded (almost hourly) where you are in the sales arena.... When you cannot really control if you make a sale or not. I am doing fine in this area but to be reminded so often is annoying

Advice to Management

Although it is nice for management to be a cheerleader it is a bit overdone. Also, you should consider the amount of $$$ a ccr is bringing in not just how many bookings.

5. Sales Support

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

with hard work and knowing the right people you can have a long career with them

Cons

closed their call center in Pembroke Pines.

6. It is all about Money, not the customer, not the employee

Former Employee - Vacation Consultant in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Vacation Consultant in Miami, FL

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Cutting edge in training and hiring

Cons

Management team is a mess. Young team with little to no experience.

Advice to Management

Hire and pay a team with experience

I loved it until reality kicked in

Former Employee - Travel Pro
    Former Employee - Travel Pro

I worked at World Travel Holdings

Pros

When I first started working at WTH I was absolutely fascinated, enthralled, and grateful for being part of such a great company. I felt like it was a positive working environment full of amazing leaders who were going to help me reach my full sales potential. I came to work everyday happy, willing to work my butt off and go after every sales opportunity.
    Then reality kicked in.
    After 2 years, I had become worn out, beat up, and in a total burn out. As the shiny veneer started to peal off of WTH's positivity stance, the truth came out. No one at this company really knows what they are doing, and about travel in general.
     Management was constantly changing, and every team lead gave me the same canned advice in terms of sales. I was reaching out to them because my numbers were good, but I wanted to be better and excel as much as I could. The only advice I got was , " Love your job", " Follow up, follow up, follow up." and nothing that I couldn't figure out myself.
      Then when it gets rough and you have a livid customer of the phone, a cruise line who didn't give a customer what they were promised, or a magical price increase on your booking that you didn't even do, they seem to somehow disappear.

Don't get me wrong, as a starting travel agent job this place is fantastic. However, after you realize there are more opportunities out there that won't cause you having shingles and staying awake at night wondering if you're going to get fired over having an Agent
    Error, good luck finding another travel agent job again unless you make yourself learn SABRE, actually learn how to do land bookings, and learn what a real FIT rez is... because no one will hire you. WTH's claim to the ' best trained travel professionals' is a total joke.

WTH needs to work on maintaining employes, vrs the revolving door of new people coming in and people always leaving. It'd be better for customers. It'd be better for the company. Yeah, I worked my butt of while I was there and loved it at first, but once I realized that no one knew what the hell they were doing and the bi polarness of being 'the favorite agent' one week to worried about losing your job the next gets extremely old.

Cons

-Terrible management
    -No clear standing on if your job is in jeopardy or not
    -No help with learning how to be better as a sales person
    -False positivity
    -HIGH turn over
    - A job, not a career, as much as you will try your hardest to make it your career and passion

Advice to Management

Work on keeping your people

8. Great remote environment

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Remote, OR

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice pay post training. Great perks.

Cons

Incentive program changed a bit. Attainable. But tricky.

9. Not loyal to employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Ability to work from home, flexible scheduling for non-agents, fun and friendly co-workers, plenty of training available, great product offerings, travel discounts

Cons

The company loves to talk about creating loyalty. Unfortunately, they are not loyal to their employees. The pay scale is WAY below average and almost insulting for the combination of experience and education they request, along with their drawn out hiring process.

Advice to Management

I truly believe the owners/CEOs are good people, with good hearts and good intentions. I would urge them to consider rewarding long-term and top performing employees. I don't mind a heavy workload if I'm being paid fairly but please don't take advantage. Also, please provide a clear career path. No one knows what is a promotion, what is lateral, etc. We want to work hard for you, as we love the company too -help us!

10. Not at all what it is cracked up to be

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Travel Industry if you are traveler is fun to sell by nature, work from home is a perk for sure.

Cons

Hard Closing Sale, Micromanaged like nothing I have ever been through, and I have been an executive and have trained managers to be managers in corporate world...this is where they loose the good ones.

Advice to Management

Way too aggressive on the calls....

11. Great Place To Work! Love working from home

Current Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Representative in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is so much support while going through training. All of the resources are very easy to find. The calls are not what I am used to having worked in the contact center industry for 24+ years. Meaning, they are so much easier than what I am used! The coworkers are great. I am so pleased I accepted this position and love my job.

Cons

Honestly, the only con I have found is the schedules change every 3 months. I'm flexible so it's not an issue with me.

Advice to Management

None. I am very pleased with my job.

World Travel Holdings Photos