World Travel Holdings Reviews

Updated May 29, 2014

3.2

World Travel Holdings Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Brad Tolkin
Brad Tolkin

Pros
  • Working from home is nice, there is a good support structure even though you work from home (in 17 reviews)

• But seriously, the best reason to work here is perhaps the people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Throw them on the phones for the busy season during the first part of the year and when it slows down they are glad to see you go (in 4 reviews)

• There's so much this company need to improve on for their call center (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Don't mess up here! Don't stay off the phone too long.

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative  in  Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Great benefits, worked with great people. Luncheons from sales executives every month at least, Good location. Good training.

Cons

Cons would be the way that the managers kept track of calls coming in, in relation to the customer service versus sales. It was rare that a person wanted to add on to an already booked reservation. New inbound calls were expected to be sold on that call due to price changes. Don't take too many breaks, if you are sick try to be there anyway, while the managers understood people do get sick after a while they will start targeting anyone that would take advantage of sick time or other time off.

Not every position is about sales. Customer service is very valuable as well, with that being said there was no room for improvement for sales when all the calls are for customer service.

well?

Former Employee - Agent  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Agent in Orlando, FL

I worked at World Travel Holdings

Pros

great coworkers depends who you pick

Cons

management needs to help employees not hinder them

stop abusing the sales floor/ non management they work hard

Eh.

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

great fellow employee, work from home

Cons

They do not work with your schedule for any reason, not school, not another job, not family. Everything is done by what they feel they need.

Pay attention to your smaller employees, they make the company and will probably be your boss one day.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Incredible. I love my job, the role, the people and the direction we're heading in.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

People, the work, hours, pay and and the fact that we are selling dreams. The travel industry is a fun industry to be in, especially since I love to travel.

Cons

We are a low margain business so there is a lot of pressure because every booking counts. It's a 24/7 business so it's hard to find employees willing to work the non desirable shifts.

Keep doing what you're doing! You did an awesome job at pulling this company out of hard economic times. You made the hard decisions and continue to keep your eye on the ball.

Good long term company

Current Employee - Software Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Software Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Good work life balance, upper management gives sufficient space to employees to decide/perform

Cons

Industry is not fast growing and it's hard for a company to grow much faster than the industry. Limited growth leads to limited opportunities.

Come up with ways to lead employees multitask.

Good place to work - especially with the new management

Former Employee - Manager  in  Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Manager in Wilmington, NC

I worked at World Travel Holdings

Pros

The new management (taking company from World Travel Holdings from National Leisure Group) is very strong. There are good guys at the helm (finally).

Cons

Benefits are not great. Health insurance costs a lot - they spend money on things like pet insurance ad legal insurance instead of offering better quality health care for lower premiums.

Invest in a better benefits package.

A good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Management encourages professional development and growth

Cons

Some level of resistance to new ideas

Keep the dialogue with employees open, continue to refine processes, continue to solicit new ideas and feedback

I like it here, you can always leave if you want to.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Fun environment, friendly people, new technology, not a lot of micromanagement, "breaks" are allowed whenever as long as calls are not holding, always trying to better the employees & looking for feedback

Cons

I don't think there is a lot of recognition for the non sales agents. If you are not senior management, no one knows who you are or what you do. The medical plan is kind of crummy too.

Take a look at your people behind the scenes. Not just "management". Some of us work long & hard hours but it goes unnoticed.

World Travel Holdings is a great place to work overall

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

It is a great company to work. It is a solid company, even threw the recent economic times. Even though it was hard for the company to ask all except employees to take a 2 week furlough, WTH also provide a way for each employee to earn the money back. The company did their best making sure front line employees were not impacted. Definitely has some smart people that are enjoyable to work with - thumbs up here! As with most companies, there are issues. However overall it is a great company to work.
    WTH does try to provide a balance between your needs and the needs of the business. Working for a Travel Company that is open 365 days a year 7 days a week, there will always be employees that are not happy. Which is very confusing to me because all the information regarding operational hours are discussed in detail during the interview process. Did they think they were above the law? I completed understood that I would be low in terms of seniority. In a sales or service environment you have to actual perform and be a team player.
    It you are a hard worker, like working with good people and are able to see opportunity you will do well here. If you spend most of your time thinking it's about being the bosses’ pet and complaining you won't like it here.

Cons

Recently they have employeed to many "you owe me" people. What happen to actually working towards respect and maybe opporunties would come their way.

The management team can be too reactive at times. There are company changes that occur every 6 months. This can be very hard on people to adjust too.

Fun place to work, The agents that have been around a long time LOVE TO GRIPE though!

Current Employee - Agent  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Agent in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

It really is a fun place to work for nice people who love the travel business. I've been impressed so far (18 months)

Cons

I guess there has been a lot of change in the travel industry over the last couple years. There's been a lot of change in the WORLD over the last couple of years. The older agents (old in years with the co. not age) always gripe about it not being "like it used to be"! They havent figured it out that things change and if you can change with it you get ahead! If you can't be happy then shut up or go find another job! If they were more positive then good things be happening for them.

invest in better technology

Worked for World Travel Holdings? Contribute to the Community!