World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon

Vince McMahon

Interesting place to work

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time

ProsFantastic at serving the fan base; passionate employees who love the business; the pro-social campaigns are great for fans and press

ConsLong commute from NYC
Sometimes with senior management it feels like there is a clique
stock price has been very stagnant to down

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue being active in the social media space -it will pay off, and fans will love it

Company Beleives its own BS

Stamford, CT

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood Pay
Overall good work atmosphere
Flat organization, few layers
Not meeting heavy, action bias
Never boring, moves quickly
Spends money on technology

ConsStuck in Glory Days
Needs to reinvent itself, but egos at the top won't change anything
Most people are lifers who have no fresh points of view.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up.

Not a bad job to start off your career, definately better places to work.

Associate Producer (Former Employee)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment

ProsAccess to very good equipment in most areas specifically production. Learn the ins and outs of the TV industry.

ConsManagement is awful. Unfair and undeserved promotions given. They based promotions more on those who kiss a** rather than actual talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp your management in the production department. Very talented people out there and your producers don't have what it takes to cut it. Even if Shawn Michaels did endorse on of them on the air, doesn't mean he's a good editor.

Fun but sometimes boring

Finance Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment

ProsYou get to see how corporate finance works

ConsEveryone seems to busy to even want to work with you

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Tax internship

Tax Staff (Former Employee)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment

Prosexperience learning, very focused on work, flexible schedule and nice managers as well as the HR people

ConsIt's far to commute, one hour from new york city. No compensation.

A rewarding summer experience.

Summer Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment

ProsThe summer internship experience was very rewarding and offered ample opportunity to explore the areas I was interested in. Everyone I interacted with was friendly, and more than willing to help with my personal growth. I really would recommend working for this company.

ConsAs a summer intern you do not get paid. This was a major downside for me, but I did receive school credit. With that said, the experience was one of the best I have had as an intern.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Tyrany in the ring

Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment

ProsSmiles on childrens faces when they get to meet their favorite wrestler. The charity work that the company does is definately a good thing. Perks like tickets to events and merchandise for family members that are fans is also a great thing. People do always think it is pretty cool when they here I used to work there.

ConsLack of pay, job security and management that swears and yells at their employees constantly. Numerous staff members were in tears daily and they were the good workers! They don't appreciate the work/family value system because the owners families are all working there. It's all about the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's your staff that is making YOU look good, they are the ones doing the work and coming up with all the great ideas - appreciate them once in a while or at least say thank you or give them the credit for one thing once in a while.

Dynamic, exciting, and only for the best and brightest

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment for more than 3 years

ProsI've read all of the other reviews, and I can assure you that most of these people are bottom 10% performers and that's why they are on here whining. WWE is not an easy place to work, but it's fun and exciting. If you want a 9-5 job, good luck finding that in the Entertainment Industry. WWE is truly a dynamic place to work with no shortage of challenges and opportunities. WWE is a place that prides itself on hard work and A+ performers. If you like a challenge, are confident and smart, then WWE might be a great fit for you. And if you're not having any fun it's your own fault! I love it here!

ConsI'll agree that work-life balance can be a challenge here. It's not always like that, but there's always a lot to accomplish. The trade-off is the experience you will gain and the opportunities for promotion are there if you're good (and not "afraid" to challenge the status-quo as some others have indicated). Don't come here if you expect not to be challenged daily and pushed to do better than you ever have before.

Advice to Senior ManagementExamine the work-life balance issue and work with your employees to create a mutually beneficial balance.

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time

ProsHm, well, they pay well (see list of "cons" for reasons why)
Nice gym
You can get tickets to events - if you're into that sort of thing

ConsSo, I don't think the managers here understand what quality of life is. They may not have any friends outside of work, that makes me sad, but also makes this a pretty crappy place to work. You may like working 20 hours a day, I just think you are an idiot.

Upper management is fully of idiots (mostly). Dumb decision after dumb decision and its never there fault, its always the lower levels

Fear of losing your job. All. The. Time. paralyzes staff from doing anything (see point #2)

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of your ass? Learn from other people? Stop being jerks? Understand that you don't know everything and can actually benefit from input?

No long-term potential

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time for more than a year

ProsCorporate, structure, decent benefits, ok work life balance

ConsVery, political, very cut throat, and senior management all seem to have their own personal agendas. High turn overs

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster and promote from within. This company seems to have trouble retaining talent.

Worked for World Wrestling Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at World Wrestling Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for World Wrestling Entertainment CEO Vince McMahon. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by World Wrestling Entertainment employees.