World Wrestling Entertainment

Updated October 10, 2014
3.3

World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon

Pros
  • Great work colleagues, fast paced work environment, creative work, great benefits, challenging projects, free gym (in 4 reviews)

• Great junior level staff with ability to receive free tickets to the show (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • I'll agree that work-life balance can be a challenge here (in 6 reviews)

• No work-life balance, very political climate (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

I think Wwe is a way to let anger out. And to be fit

Current Employee - WWE
    Current Employee - WWE

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's a good way to be none and to defend your titles

Cons

Releasing your anger and just do something you like

Great organization with a lot of growth potential

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment as an intern

Pros

Fun work environment, occasional access to local events, great colleagues who are passionate about the organization and end product

Cons

May be tough to gauge growth potential depending on what group you're in. There can be long hours sometimes if there is an upcoming event or if you're on an understaffed team

Continue to encourage growth and learning

Lots of growth and opportunities.

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

Great work colleagues, fast paced work environment, creative work, great benefits, challenging projects, free gym.

Cons

Communication issues, long hours, "hurry up and wait" work cycle, last second changes and demands, not a very inspiring physical work environment (production facility).

Great company with a few bad apples

Former Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Most of the people there are highly motivated, talented and care about doing a great job. The office has everything from cafeteria to gym. Live events and people were great. Some tremendous management at times. Overall great experience

Cons

There were a few who just "didn't get it" and some managers and dept. heads are clueless how to deal with people. There were more than a couple department heads who talked down to employees and walked around with their nose in the air. The ones you suspect would be arrogant were the most professional. Others had to "show" or tell you how important they were. Long hours and there really is no life outside WWE

Find people who know what they're doing and stick with them!

Amazing place to work

Former Employee - Intern in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Intern in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Fast-paced, young, great product. Everyone I have met is fun, honest, and a hard-worker. It seems like everyone loves what they do which makes it so easy to want to work there.

Cons

It is a very hectic work environment...you have to be willing to put in the hours to get the benefit.

Great place to work. They expect the best - and they get it!

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

WWE is an amazing place to work. Executive management expects the best - only those that can keep up and deliver make it. There is a true collaborative environment that's rare in any industry - the staff cares about each other and the brand. I've never seen any organization have such passion for its fans - it's amazing.

Cons

If you can't keep up you are quickly left behind. Work / life balance is tough. Sometimes excellence demands sacrifice, and that can be difficult to handle at times.

Stay true to the fans and you'll always succeed. Work / life balance issue needs to be addressed.

Fast moving exciting fun place

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

Its nice to work for a company that makes people happy. To see thousands of families really enjoy themselves at events makes the job worth it

Cons

really fast pace, if you cant keep up you will be left behind

communication

Great Place To Work

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Creative, Passionate, Innovative, Entrepreneurial Environment.
    Great People.

Cons

Turnover and Longer Hours (not 9-5)

Dynamic, exciting, and only for the best and brightest

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've read all of the other reviews, and I can assure you that most of these people are bottom 10% performers and that's why they are on here whining. WWE is not an easy place to work, but it's fun and exciting. If you want a 9-5 job, good luck finding that in the Entertainment Industry. WWE is truly a dynamic place to work with no shortage of challenges and opportunities. WWE is a place that prides itself on hard work and A+ performers. If you like a challenge, are confident and smart, then WWE might be a great fit for you. And if you're not having any fun it's your own fault! I love it here!

Cons

I'll agree that work-life balance can be a challenge here. It's not always like that, but there's always a lot to accomplish. The trade-off is the experience you will gain and the opportunities for promotion are there if you're good (and not "afraid" to challenge the status-quo as some others have indicated). Don't come here if you expect not to be challenged daily and pushed to do better than you ever have before.

Examine the work-life balance issue and work with your employees to create a mutually beneficial balance.

it is a dream

Current Employee - Professional Wrestler in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Professional Wrestler in Tampa, FL

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

wrestling is my life and wwe opened the gateway for me to achieve this dream and this is the only company which will help me do it

Cons

wwe should reduce a little bit the price of tickets for the show because the people should pay a little bit cheap tickets they want to have fun

taking management doesn't mean that you are the one who dominates with anger and using authority doesn't mean to use it personally but in case of business

World Wrestling Entertainment Photos