World Wrestling Entertainment Reviews

Reset

Internship Program

Former Employee - Intern in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Intern in Stamford, CT

Pros

-Friendly staff -Great experience, highly recommended for a WWE fan

Cons

-unpaid -located in Connecticut, far commute if you live in NYC

Advice to Management

-start having paid internships

Fun projects and great people, but they work you to death.

Former Employee - Production Assistant in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Production Assistant in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun projects, can be very hands on if you are driven. Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

They hire production assistants to do assistant editor and associate producer work for $14 an hour. Hours can be very long and demanding.

Advice to Management

Create more of a work life balance.

Crazy and fun with an always changing environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Pros

an experience that will never be matched; a great community.

Cons

was only there for 3 years and my whole department was moved (seating and floors) at least 3 times, changed bosses at least 3 times and went through so much infrastructure changes it was detrimental to the work.

Advice to Management

compensation was below average, bonuses were unfairly given out.

Fast-paced and exciting. Never a dull moment!

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can learn a lot and get promoted if you work hard and get along well with others. Good pay and benefits. Nice office building.

Cons

The amount of work can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Be more open and transparent about what is going on around the company.

Structure of organization costing morale in a company where Morale is everything

Current Employee - Vice President Ops in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Vice President Ops in Stamford, CT

Pros

The culture is alive, changing each day, taking risks, looking at new opportunities, engaged people. If you have anything to do with the Network, what a proud experience. I wrote a positive review of WWE 2 years ago, this is my update

Cons

There is a longer review earlier titled "any positive feedback here is from HR" (Jan9), an accurate review and so I will only add some detail to it. Power has been consolidated under the top two. Vince needs to do something here. This hasn't brought any accuracy and has confused the staff. I am not in accounting or finance yet I answer each day to them. Turnover continues to be high and has been for years. +35% Promotions or new roles are being exclusively given to new hires versus internal candidates. Our partners have begun to distance themselves from us. Not like we were when Shane was here. The interference from the duo during negotiations have hurt my own credibility in my career. They shouldn't be involved in operations. LEK is not god nor reality. You will find yourself saying "this this really my job, I told people I work here." It is a wrestling company yes, but it is entertainment and the brand is wonderfully large...but it is not a professionally run organization. Whether you are looking for your first job after college or a senior role here -advice= skill sets will suffer & maybe reputation too.

Advice to Management

A new executive structure is desperately needed, changes are needed Vince, we came to work here because we love what you have created… and believe in the potential of the brand and what we can do for it and you..please read the employee surveys, take a step back and look at what is going on in here and then change it

Great Work Experience

Pros

- Fun work environment - People are really passionate about their jobs - You have a lot of opportunity to try your hand at different projects and initiatives, so it's a great place to work if you're looking to gain experience and really learn a lot from your job - Great Benefits (Gym in-house, Cafeteria onsite, a lot of paid time off, Medical Coverage, Tickets to events, etc.) - It's a family company and that really shows in their culture and beliefs

Cons

- The company could offer more opportunities for different departments to interact in ways other than just through business (mixers, events, lunches, etc.)

Dictatorship

Pros

The job is not just your average drab corporate atmosphere. It's lively, and can be fun since the (albeit silly) product is ever-changing. It was cool to be a part of a big machine like WWE.

Cons

There is an incredible amount of unfairness, disloyalty, and favortism shown (and this coming from somene who had a great title). High executives (the select few) are like children, and if you're not in the inner circle, you're an underling who barely matters. So much condescension in every part of the job. "Oh, you just drove website sales higher than they've ever been? Thank you! Here are six boxes of donuts for you and your department. I'll just keep your bonus check."

Worst working environment ever...any positive reviews on this site are written by HR

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Pros

If you are into fake wresting, which I am not, you can get tickets, but there are no discounts or special treatment for employees.

Cons

1.) The working environment. After working for various uptight financial companies I was excited to work for a "fun" place where they didn't take themselves so seriously. I mean its fake wresting and TV right? But there was a dark cloud over this place at all times. People were miserable, not friendly, not sharing with each other, not helping each other, not working as a team---as they were always worried about who they could trust, about losing their jobs or about being asked to work ridiculous hours even as they were halfway out the door. 2.) Extreme work hours. You were expected to work 24/7/365. People were treated like slaves, expected to have no life outside of work, work until 11pm daily, and often as late as 5am (and you were expected to be back by 8am that same day). And there was no recognition or comp days added to compensate you for all of this extra time at work. And I want to make this clear this is just the office staff in CT, not people performing (which of course would have late hours). 3.) Credit never given where credit is due. It doesn't matter much to me if I get credit for my work as long as I am treated fairly and paid well, but for my fellow WWE employees the humiliation of management constantly passing employee ideas as their own and never saying thank you for hard work---was very disheartening. The management was paranoid and insecure constantly trying to puff themselves up to look better to Vince and the other officers. 4.) The company is run like Vince's personal piggy bank. It's publicly traded, but Vince has no respect or loyalty to shareholders. He also has not respect or loyalty to return on investment (ROI). He is like a kid in a candy store - Oh today I want to make movies, tomorrow I want to have my own TV network---Oh and don't never forget - I want my own football league! And forget what it means for the brand, company, and return to employees or shareholders!! 5.) The turnover is staggering. I calculated based on just the information that I knew at the time I was with the company that the company had over a 30% turnover per year. 30%!! How can you even run a company when people are constantly flowing through a revolving door. It's impossible to do your work as you are told to follow up with some person or department and then you call them only to hear "they are no longer with us." I must have heard that 20 times in the first 3 months I was there. Most people in my group never last more than 3-6 months before quitting.

Advice to Management

Start running the company as a business not a playground. Respect your employees. Make work/life balance a priority. Fire managers that don't respect and belittle their employees. Sell the company to someone that will focus on your strengths - live entertainment and TV - and get rid of all of your useless network, film, and other businesses that are not part of your core competencies. Vince and Stephanie if you are hell-bent on keeping the company fire all those sycophants you have working for you and higher some talented people that will not always tell you what you want to hear, but will really help to make good decisions in running the company.

10. Cool Place to Work!

Pros

-Great people to work with -There is a cafeteria onsite -State of the art gym -Parking Lot -Shuttle bus to and from Stamford Metro North station -Great benefits and vacation time

Cons

-Better work-life balance, depending on the department

11. Great place to work!!!

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Talented/passionate employees. Really generous benefits. Great overall culture.

Cons

Perception we are only a "wrestling" company. True leadership not valued-- the people closest to Vince are highly political and are self-serving. Communications from the highest levels is sporadic (we never hear directly from Vince, Michelle Wilson or George Barrios)

Advice to Management

Have to do a better job of bringing people on the journey. We believe in what we are doing but we get more information from the dirt sheets and Yahoo Finance than anything from our internal communications.

RSS Feed </> Embed