WorldFish Center

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great learning experience

I have been working at WorldFish Center as an intern

ProsI had direct exposure to senior directors, great mentoring, and a great learning experience, though that may have been specific to my position. It was a project based position and I had full responsibility for the whole project assignment to me, but bi-weekly support with my boss who adjusted the project as needed. A great work experience.

ConsI didn't have any office space, so I worked remotely. But that was okay with me.

Good platform to start a career in research for fresh graduates and experienced hires. HQ is at Batu Maung.

Research Assistant (Former Employee)
Ayer Itam (Malaysia)

I worked at WorldFish Center as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGood working environment with staff from different background and countries. The office is in a beautifully landscaped environment. Work culture is generally good although it differs from one department to the other.

ConsResearch assistant is based on a contractual basis. No job stability, although if there is adequate funding, there could be a possible career progression in research at the international level.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease invest to nurture more Malaysian researchers to the level of scientist.

Worked for WorldFish Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WorldFish Center reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by WorldFish Center employees.