WorldPac

WorldPac President Bob Cushing

Bob Cushing

Overall average company.

I worked at WorldPac

ProsIt is a good place to get some experience right out of college. Relaxed managers that are understanding about work/home balance.

ConsThe pay is less than average compared to other companies in the area. Raises don't even keep up with inflation much less reward an individual for their accomplishments.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

The easy job. Not challenging.

Driver/Warehouse Team Member (Current Employee)

I have been working at WorldPac full-time for more than a year

ProsFive days a week. 7 to 4 very easy.

ConsJob is rather boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to cross train employees to offset boredom. Upper management not friendly at all.

I did not enjoy my experience with this company, that is why I no longer work there.

Driver/Warehouse Team Member (Former Employee)
Mechanicsville, VA

I worked at WorldPac full-time for less than a year

ProsThe only thing that I enjoyed was getting to drive a Toyota Prius around town to deliver auto parts.

ConsThe management was challenging. They were more interested in sitting at the desk behind a computer than actually managing.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest speaking to employees as if they were people and less like vermin. Talking down to those who are doing all of the work is counter productive.

Success if you want, same old if you care for it

I have been working at WorldPac full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorldpac has good benefits, day shifts an occasional Saturday shifts, driver pay is low at the start but the company is constantly expanding and management positions open up every week across canada and the united states. Its a company the rewards hard work and people will to do what is needed for the company to succeed

ConsLow starting pay, and low yearly wage increases, and the summer workloads are high stress in a time most staff would prefer to have time off to enjoy there own personal lives.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease starting wage, and/or create a better raise increase system

The Industry leader- but not employee friendly

I worked at WorldPac full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWorldpac is the leader in the Automotive aftermarket. It offers it's employee's relatively good benefits. Technologically advanced, Worldpac provides it's employee's with tools to help them succeed that no other company in the industry does.

ConsThere are very high stress levels in many departments at Worldpac. Prior to current ownership, it used to be a employee friendly company. That changed several years ago when upper level management changed. The company mantra now is "hit the number no matter what the cost"! Usually that cost is at the employee's expense. Their mental and physical health, and their personal lives. Upper management no longer views their employee's as assets, but rather see's them as "expendable commodities" that can be replaced at any time for a lower cost. Managements attitude is "where else are they going to go work?" Exempt employees are expected to regularly work six days a week with no additional compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorldpac became the industry leader based on the work of it's talented and loyal employees! For many years the company's internal motto was "Our employees make the difference". These days, employee's no longer feel valued! In at least one department, compensation is reduced every year! How demoralizing is that, to work hard and produce more, and to be compensated less year after year? Everything that Worldpac used to do to convey to it's employees that they were valued has been taken away to put a couple more bucks in GPI's pockets! Employee appreciation days, a yearly holiday meal, even very small bonuses. Senior management needs to wake up and realize that their greatest asset is their employees, and that any short term financial gains they may be achieving now will soon disappear as more and more talented employee's leave the company!

Career driven company

Warehouse/Delivery Driver (Current Employee)
Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)

I have been working at WorldPac full-time for less than a year

ProsTons of work available and constantly expanding. Never need to be worried about a lack of work even in the off season.

With expanding warehouses and new warehouses popping up all over, the ability to advance is unlimited.

Friendly management team and co-workers.

Excellent benefits and great discounts on parts. Ability to find great mechanics and build relationships with said mechanics. That relationship gives you reliable work done for your vehicle at a great discount!

ConsLots of red tape involved but nothing out of the ordinary for a company this size.

Lunch is usually taken while on the road.

Can chew up and spit out workers who are looking for straight 40 hour weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind time for lunch and order winter tires for company vehicles. The cost of winter tires will be paid back in saving time driving around on all season tires during snow storms.

Growing and Thriving

Assistant Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Richmond, BC (Canada)

I worked at WorldPac full-time for more than a year

ProsGot new talent and striving to change the old ways, into a professional company

ConsStill old baggage hanging around in upper management not as progressive as corporate would believe.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate is already taking steps in the right direction.

Decent place to work

I worked at WorldPac

ProsDecent benefits and day shift.

ConsBad Pay, bad raises, long hours and saturday work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive better raises

Worked for WorldPac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WorldPac reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WorldPac CEO Bob Cushing. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by WorldPac employees.