WorldPay

Updated November 22, 2014
2.4

WorldPay CEO Philip Jansen
Philip Jansen

Pros
  • The people are great, and mostly work really hard towards the common goal - IPO (in 8 reviews)

• This company has definitely enhanced my work life balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management only concerned with lining their pockets (in 12 reviews)

• Upper management can be the most challenging in operations (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Exciting adventure at Worldpay while helping clients achieve saving and pci protection goals

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at WorldPay full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Love the coaching and learning process

Cons

No cons, unless your pessimistic

Always stay humble

6 months in

Current Employee - Analyst in Sandy Springs, GA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Sandy Springs, GA

I have been working at WorldPay full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I believe the culture as a whole is changing for the better. The people here are nice, people do enjoy working here and the work/life balance is a lot better. They have employee appreciation events throughout the different quarters. I feel like overall the employees respect management.

Cons

I do think they are behind on methodologies. This place is very political and if you don't play the game, you'll sit on the bench for a long time. It's also cliquey, you better find where you fit in. The office is a little drab but they're working on that. Parking is like parking at the mall on Black Friday.

A lot of different org changes and employment changes make the employees not confident in their future here.

atlanta location

Current Employee - Help Desk, Blended Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Help Desk, Blended Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at WorldPay full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

coworkers are great. flexible schedules.

Cons

Upper management can be the most challenging in operations. The bonus for the entry level operations positions (help desk, customer care, and blended reps) feel rigged. They are based on surveys that are generated by the very people who control whether or not you meet your bonus or get fired.

Choose a third party service that submits the surveys randomly. And stop penalizing good representatives for negative surveys on calls that would have earned a 90% or better by your own call quality standards. If your call quality standards are upheld by the agent, the negative scores should have no bearing on the representatives employment status. While the bonuses should be awarded based on customer experience- it's not possible to please them all, for those discriminant few great agents should not be sent to the chopping block. Especially when it seems to happen mostly to those that are known for voicing their honest feedback to other employees or management in attempts to improve working conditions for all.

Proceed with caution

Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at WorldPay full-time (less than an year)

Pros

1) Company is trying to bridge the gap between employee staff and the ELT. They have regular social events to bring them together to mingle.
    2) Salary is competitive with other companies.

Cons

1) The place is bursting at the seams. There are 1200 people in a building designed for 800. They're starting to place people in conference rooms as their normal work location.
    2) They hired me away from a secure job making six figures only to terminate me 4 weeks in stating that my work is good but not GREAT!! (4 weeks in, really??) This is while learning a new industry, culture and process - all which they knew from my resume. Then I was told if they waited out the 90 day probation period, it's harder to let people go. I'd suggest you get a contract before taking the leap.

It must be easy to find skilled, talented, enthusiastic, and motivated employees if you can let people go after 4 weeks.
    Out of fairness to people in the job market, you should sharpen your interviewing skills to make sure there is a fit before you ask people to quit their jobs to come work for you.

100% Turnover

I worked at WorldPay full-time

Pros

Entry level sales training and tools.

Cons

Turnover regularly exceeds 80% and has exceeded 100% in the past. Not a career employer. Consider it temporary sales work.

Considering I was in management, we just need to be honest upfront and stop selling the dream.

WorldPay is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Strategic Bank Partnerships in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Strategic Bank Partnerships in Albany, NY

I have been working at WorldPay full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company has definitely enhanced my work life balance. It also provides me the autonomy to conduct my business where I believe the priorities are and not a prescribed work day as other companies dictate for you. There are many departments you can utilize for resources and they are extremely helpful and responsive when you have questions. I appreciate the communciation I receive from Senior Management regarding the changes going on- not only in the industry, but specifically to our company so I feel well informed. My direct supervisor listens to my suggestions and implements them when it makes sense to do so, so I feel as I am truly a contributing factor to the success of my department.

Cons

The onboarding process could be tightened up. I went weeks without the computer equipment I needed to perform my job, and my training was peer to peer as there is not a dedicated training dept for my role. With that being said though, I am still very happy with my decision to join this company.

THE company to work for in merchant processing!

Current Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at WorldPay full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fastest growing merchant processor in the world
    Great benefits
    Great corporate culture

Cons

Constantly changing; Could be good; could be bad. Depends on your attitude.

Progressing at the speed of change

Current Employee - West Regional Trainer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - West Regional Trainer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at WorldPay full-time (more than an year)

Pros

WorldPay has a very engaged Executive Team that constantly evaluates how to better serve its employee's and customer's. This culture of being the best we can be filters through to the front line team and all departments resulting in exciting times of development and growth! As an employee this provides great opportunities for a career path, stability and success!

Cons

Nothing really. It's better said that those who are not a fit at WorldPay are ones that tend to want to skate through work or maybe are not interested in being a team player. If you like good old fashion hard work, effective communication with others and team work your looking at the right company.

My advice to upper Management would be to keep doing what your doing. From where I sit they are forward thinking, actively engaged in our industry and combined with hundreds of years of experience they have created a very aligned company to compete in today's market. Additionally as all companies should they are constantly changing and even innovating this industry.

At Worldpay, success comes from hard work coupled with the tools needed to achieve it.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Frisco, TX

I have been working at WorldPay full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a sales executive, you have the ability to control your own destiny. With a vast certified product set including hardware and software solutions, there is every opportunity to close deals with a merchant's existing solution or by cross selling an alternative. It makes it easy to sell which drives up compensation.

Cons

Not sure it is a con since I learn best by practical experience, physical training materials are not always available on every subject. But with a great sales and support network, there is always someone who can assist with questions.

Awful Experience - It was like doing charity work for a major bank

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at WorldPay full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibity, home/remote based, grow your business

Cons

The industry as a whole is over saturated with companies and sales reps. Regardless of the processor you will end up running into sales people from other processors. Why is this important? Because the merchants are constantly being pitched to switch processors. Many times I would call on someone and they would have multiple business cards and flyers from competitors that "just stopped by". There is little to no reason for the merchants to change processors.

The comp structure at WorldPay was a joke and the reason I left. Comp is 100% commission based on your sales. That is fine, but when you miss your monthly target they don't pay you for the business you have closed previously. The pay structure is titled in the companies favor.

Middle and upper management was utterly useless. A lot of "when I was in the field" speeches about the glory days of selling the processing services from 10+ years ago, when the landscape was entirely different. They have zero connection to the 'feet on the street'.