WorldPay Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
2.0

WorldPay CEO Philip Jansen
Philip Jansen

Pros
  • The people are great, and mostly work really hard towards the common goal - IPO (in 7 reviews)

• good work-life balance, good salary, good benefits, employee appreciation events (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Most senior management has left or made redundant (in 8 reviews)

• New and ruthlessly ambitious management team with no empathy for front line staff or customers (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Progressing at the speed of change

Current Employee - West Regional Trainer  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - West Regional Trainer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at WorldPay full-time for more than a year

Pros

WorldPay has a very engaged Executive Team that constantly evaluates how to better serve its employee's and customer's. This culture of being the best we can be filters through to the front line team and all departments resulting in exciting times of development and growth! As an employee this provides great opportunities for a career path, stability and success!

Cons

Nothing really. It's better said that those who are not a fit at WorldPay are ones that tend to want to skate through work or maybe are not interested in being a team player. If you like good old fashion hard work, effective communication with others and team work your looking at the right company.

My advice to upper Management would be to keep doing what your doing. From where I sit they are forward thinking, actively engaged in our industry and combined with hundreds of years of experience they have created a very aligned company to compete in today's market. Additionally as all companies should they are constantly changing and even innovating this industry.

At Worldpay, success comes from hard work coupled with the tools needed to achieve it.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Frisco, TX

I have been working at WorldPay full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As a sales executive, you have the ability to control your own destiny. With a vast certified product set including hardware and software solutions, there is every opportunity to close deals with a merchant's existing solution or by cross selling an alternative. It makes it easy to sell which drives up compensation.

Cons

Not sure it is a con since I learn best by practical experience, physical training materials are not always available on every subject. But with a great sales and support network, there is always someone who can assist with questions.

THE company to work for in merchant processing!

Current Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at WorldPay full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fastest growing merchant processor in the world
    Great benefits
    Great corporate culture

Cons

Constantly changing; Could be good; could be bad. Depends on your attitude.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exciting working for a Global, yet local company! Like the independence atmosphere, which enables me to work more

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at WorldPay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with new leadership team has turn things for the better!

Cons

work life is good, but if you don't know how to balance your work and life, then I can see lazy Account Managers blaming the company. Its human nature.

Management needs to go out with the Account Managers more often to the field

Please stay away from WorldPay! They will suck you in and spit you out.

Former Employee - Customer Care Agent  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Agent in Atlanta, GA

I worked at WorldPay full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits were ok. Vacation time

Cons

Upper management is horrible. I was there when this company was RBS. I have seen people fired and laid off. This was a great company to work for. I worked in the Operations Department. The management was great when I started in 2004, but it went down hill when they let the wrong people take over. The supervisors are not helpful at all and they will not take a call that has escalated to them. A survey is given after every call and if that survey score comes back as a zero because you can only do but so much. Then they hold you accountable and will not fight to erase that zero off and you more than likely will get wrote up if you don't meet your bonus for the month. The job is stressful and they hire and fire all the time. I have seen supervisors quit because of the stress. A lot of supervisors have left because they could not take how they were doing the customer service reps and help desk reps. I will advise anyone who wants a job in operations,do not make this a career get the experience and xfer out or find a better job where they will appreciate you as a employee.

Do not hold reps accountable for your company policies. Old management did a better job with operations. This department will not progress if you don't make changes. Stop holding reps responsible for your policies and procedures. If things do not change your merchants will go elsewhere and bad mouth the company to other merchants. Listen to your reps. They are your frontline of defense for the company. Upper management if you do not change your policies that dept will continue to be a revolving door. I'm just saying.

Regional Account Executive

Former Employee - Regional Account Executive  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Regional Account Executive in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at WorldPay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid decently, but not equal to the amount of time one had to put in.

Cons

Many hours expected from sales team, both night and day. VERY MICRO-MANAGED! Extremely high pressure and constant job threats to the entire sales team (even when we met & exceeded our sales goals) from both regional sales manager and regional VP of sales. Not very ethically sales team management practices at all. Many sales reps resigned same time-frame as myself. No residuals.

Grow a heart...care about your people rather than just the dollars they make you.

Good experience

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at WorldPay full-time

Pros

People I worked with, room for growth, great manager

Cons

Sitting in a cubicle all day, traffic

None

Some great positions and some that are true revolving doors

I have been working at WorldPay full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the largest transaction processing companies in the world, looking to become even bigger. They are agile when it comes to new products and services.

Cons

Too quick to release new products and services without fully thinking through the ramifications. Too much emphasis on outlet production and too little on profitability and quality.

Think about how to get front line sellers more engaged. Think out of the industry box.

Interesting IT Department

I worked at WorldPay full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Super time off policy
    adequate benefits
    strong adherence to policy

Cons

Good Ole Boy feel to upper management

Not worth your time.

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at WorldPay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Their Sales training classes were great. Knowledgeable team of trainers in their corporate training dept. with ideas on implementing their proven techniques.

Cons

Company not willing to stand behind their products and services sold. Sales Manager over promised new customers & not willing to correct the mistakes he/she made.

Have a true open door policy for Sales staff to communicate new ideas or even frustrations with upper level management.

Worked for WorldPay? Contribute to the Community!