WorldSpace Inc

www.worldspace.com

WorldSpace Inc Reviews

Noah A. Samara

Biggest Entertainment Channel

Accountant (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsResponsibility, Learning New Thinks, Good at work, Enjoyed my style of work

ConsIt was a Yearly Subscription basis which every customer has to renew and activate there worldspace radio

Advice to Senior ManagementNil

Generally a smart group of people to work with but poor sr. mgmt through the years.

ProsBeing an international organization, it was great to work with smart people all over the world. The environment was team oriented and people were willing to share information in order to reach our goals.

ConsThe business model was heavily flawed and management was generally unable to make decisions in a timely manner. This caused the company to spend money in markets with little potential and thus hurt the company's ability to invest in more opportunistic markets.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough the company is now dissolved, the management team, while a nice group of individuals, but lacked the urgency to make decisions. While there may not always be a clear cut way to proceed, they should have made decisions more quickly.

A great place to work, if it lasts.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Silver Spring, MD

Pros1) Great people working together as a team.
    2) Reasonable compensation and good benefits.
    3) Lots of opportunity to learn different aspects of the business.
    4) An exciting line of business, where you work with a mix of really interesting mix of people, from satellite engineers to radio personalities.
    5) A global company where you are exposed to many different cultures.

Cons1) A shaky business model with a doubtful future (I guess that can be said of all satellite radio right now).
    2) A global company where you have to be ready to work with people in many different time zones. This can have a negative effect on your work/life balance.

Advice to Senior Management1) Give up on India, focus on Europe.

Worked for WorldSpace Inc? Contribute to the Community!