Worldmark

Bill Graham

Great Job

Current Employee - Vacation Guide in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Vacation Guide in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Worldmark full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and options to move up soon after hire if you're not an idiot.

Cons

It's a call center. One can become burnt out pretty fast.

Provide a little more support to your employees.

Unhealthy atmosphere

I worked at Worldmark

Pros

Decent benefits, good lower staff people

Cons

They do not respect or support their employees.

Upper management needs to move on to other companies - they are stale & promote a terrible work-life balance.

Good work-life balance

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Worldmark full-time

Pros

Senior Management Team stands by committed employees who are willing to give that extra mile in the day to day work. This is a company with global exposure where you get to learn in a multicultural environment.

Cons

It's easy to get stuck in one position as no clear career paths are set unless you look for one and find a way to have Management to support it.

Marketing

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Worldmark full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Get to talk with tons of people and it's fast paced. No boredom here. It's a sales environment and you get some people who come through that you recognize and buld relationships with

Cons

Tough Hours, Inconsistent pay scales, inconsistent as far as duty and responsibilities. At the end of the day, you are the plate that feeds the sales of timeshares and most of the blame of a bad salesperson comes back to you if they irritate someone.

Holidays, you work, minimal vacation time and they don't care if you are taking classes.

Amazing Atmosphere for Administration

Former Employee - Administrative Assistance in Saint George, UT
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistance in Saint George, UT

I worked at Worldmark full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, loved my co-workers and the work atmosphere.

Cons

Pay not the best and working everyday except Christmas and Thanksgiving is tough for family life and if you spouse works a 8-5 Monday-Friday job.

Great company to work for. Excellent bonus and compensation program

Former Employee - Front Liner Sales in Branson, MO
    Former Employee - Front Liner Sales in Branson, MO

I worked at Worldmark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Senior management were very hands on in training and closing the deals. Excellent training and potiential to make each bonus level and make triple figures. My director was great to work with and we made a great team.

Cons

Corporate merging with Wyndham really changed the program. Some managers used unethical tactics.

The company was much more enjoyable to work for before allowing Wyndham to take control over Trendwest

High pressure but extremely rewarding

Former Employee - Sales Administrative Coordinator
    Former Employee - Sales Administrative Coordinator

I worked at Worldmark full-time (more than a year)

Pros

High pressure reinforced by a solid learning experience. I worked specifically in administration in coordination with sales. The administrative learning curve was large but very streamlined. I lacked any and all administrative expertise coming into the position and walked away quite satisfied with my generalized administrative knowledge.

Cons

Extremely high manager turn over-rate (site dependent). In transitional phases this created quite a lot of undo stress where forward progress could have been made.

Create a more streamlined source of information that is less interpretative in a case by case situation.
    Strengthen relation across departments, especially - Administrative : Sales

Maintenance Tech. unsatisfactory working conditions with unrealistic expectations. 2007-2009 oceanside harbor.

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Oceanside, CA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Oceanside, CA

I worked at Worldmark full-time (more than a year)

Pros

co-workers, enjoyed the nature of work.

Cons

met 3 different department managers and 3 different supervisors within a 2 year span.
    no training programs. Severely flawed guest work order system that will guarantee maintenance/housekeeper will be at fault even though there was nothing wrong with the guests unit. Resort managers was unable to hold dept. managers and supervisor due to unrealistic expectations. There was a cycle of wrongfully firing due to management competency. worked in the department for months in the absence of dept manager/supervisor.
    Lastly, management had no idea who was their best workers and seemed to randomly pick people to terminate.
    I sincerely hope that the majority of these issues are resolved.

Place a solid training program to help employees achieve optimum knowledge and proficiency (specifically maintenance department).
    Don't expect workers to perform at a high level when dept managers and supervisor are absent for months on end.
    Work meetings were horrible, being pessimistic towards your subordinates and indirectly threatening employees does not help morale.
    Place a system that will distinguish work orders validity whether or not they're real issues or if it was a guest fault/misunderstanding. Don't blindly blame the workers Please!
    Be a little more involved in regards to knowing which workers are performing.
    Re-Evaluate your goals for the departments and ensure they're are realistically achievable!

WorldMark

Current Employee - Specialist in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Specialist in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Worldmark full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I work with a great team of dedicated customer service individuals

Cons

there are attempts to offer job enrichment through online learning but because it's a call center environment no time to complete the courses.

if you encourage us to pursue our dreams,and offer courses to enhance our career; please allow us time and opportunity.

Overall good experience

Current Employee - Frontline Sales Representative in Indio, CA
    Current Employee - Frontline Sales Representative in Indio, CA

I have been working at Worldmark full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It can be lucrative if you can cut it! Very good commission structure. Good on-going training. No cold-calling or prospecting. Good product. Easy hours. Very little post sale follow-up.

Cons

Recoverable draw of minimum wage. Prepare for a lot of rejection to the sale. 90 minute sales process. Too many under-qualified tours/customers.

More off-site marketing!!