Worldwide Clinical Trials

Updated August 20, 2014

Neal R. Cutler, M.D.

Wonderful place to work!

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

The people are just awesome and friendly. love to work for this company

Cons

Not great compensation for the kind of experienced people they hire

na

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Pros

it is a great place to work

Cons

The workplace is not very organized at times. And mostly requires putting in OT.

Very isolated work environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

I did not see any positive things about this job.

Cons

The work environment was negative and distrusting. People assumed the worst without asking.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

stressful

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Pros

work from home option; reasonable compensation; competitive benefits

Cons

no work life balance; too many projects per employee; limited training on specific role with little or no mentoring of new employees; senior management does not really support for employees; to keep from passing costs on to clients, staff is overburdened with extra work;

Standardize processes; Train employees;

Growing company with many opportunities for career advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong work/life balance, opportunity for advancement, appropriate compensation/benefits

I can only speak from my personal experience, but over the course of many years, I've been given many opportunities to prove myself and advance my own career. I've had the opportunity to work with all areas and leadership to see the company from varied perspectives.

If I were to use the star-system as a rating (1-bad, 2-needs improvement, 3-average, 4-good, 5-excellent), in terms of my position, work/life balance is 5 (I'm intrinsically motivated and understand that time and productivity must be balanced to benefit the company, in turn, benefiting the employee). Compensation is a 4 - truthfully speaking, everyone feels they should get paid more, so perfection is elusive. Career Opportunities is also a 4. No company seems invulnerable to the fluctuating market, but I feel I'm a strong contributor. Senior Management is 4 - I'm given lots of autonomy, but could use a slightly more open line of communication. Additionally, all of my direct supervisors have allowed me to use them in a mentor-like capacity (helping me with advancement).

My overall rating is at a 4 (if taking the other areas and averaging the total). If I were to give a tip to prospective applicants - be flexible and open to change - if something is wrong, find a way to fix it.

Cons

Hectic work environment (at times), average job culture, (some) communication static

The most evident aspect of the company is the rapid change associated with rapid growth. Although there are challenges, this is to be expected with a company rapidly moving to meet client demand.

Culture / values sits at 3 due to the aforementioned breakneck pace of change and meeting client demand. I think the rating would be average with most similar companies.

Communication (even if brief). Praise employee strengths. Learn from employee weaknesses. Communicate again.

I learned a lot about pharmaceutical research.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

It is fast paced. It feels good to contribute to the possible discovery of life-saving/life altering medications.

Cons

Some exempt positions require lots of overtime including nights and weekends. The timed environment can be stressful.

Praise employees for a job well done. Thank them for their hard work and dedication on a regular basis.

BE CAUTIOUS

Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate
    Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for less than a year

Pros

Their systems were relatively easy to learn. Questions and support were given quickly by members of the team.

Cons

I thought this was going to be a great fit, as I gave 300% on the project and really enjoyed the work. Out of the blue, I was let go. To this day, I still have no clue why. I found out the worst way, by the CRA who was replacing me telling me she was taking all of my sites. When I inquired with management what was going on, I was ignored for days until I received the formal business letter stating they were terminating me. So much for giving 300% to a project! It would have been nice to know why they were letting me go, or better yet, to know what I could have done to have perhaps corrected the issue.

For starters, perhaps let someone know why they're being let go. Better yet, perhaps let them know if you have issues so they can be corrected before it even gets this far. This is the reason why employees aren't loyal to employers!

Old story: small company purchased by global one; management loses sight of important things..

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Casual work environment, no dress code, friendly and intelligent coworkers, freedom to manage own workload, collaboration generally encouraged.

Cons

Oppressive, paranoid atmosphere created by CEO and senior management, the manner in which kowtowing to management was quite blatantly proposed as the thing to do, workers not respected as the seasoned, experienced professionals they are, lots and lots of talk by middle managers and very little effort to address problems, company underpaying and being unconcerned about it while expecting the very best work at all times, the age-old tension between quality and quantity, and quantity (fast-throughput) winning every time despite quality always being the wisest way to go, ultimately.

Meet with experienced, long-time employees, even if they aren't managers, and find out what frustrates them on a daily basis. Then, instead of simply relaying the findings to your under managers, do some research and put an improvement plan in place yourself, and set your manager to following through with it with deadlines and accountability.

Documentation and Compliance Associate

Current Employee - DOCUMENTATION and COMPLIANCE ASSOCIATE  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - DOCUMENTATION and COMPLIANCE ASSOCIATE in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

All employees have a college degree and are therefore intelligent and hard working. There is a real team atmosphere.

Cons

Management does not have loyalty to its employees.

Sound advice would be to place a Mentor program for all new employees.

Great people, growing company.

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

The company is growing which means job security. Small enough to not be just a cog in a machine, but big enough for stability.

Cons

Not alot of training for entry level positions.

More practical training for entry level workers.

Worked for Worldwide Clinical Trials? Contribute to the Community!