Worldwide Clinical Trials

2.6

Neal R. Cutler, M.D.

Wonderful place to work!

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

The people are just awesome and friendly. love to work for this company

Cons

Not great compensation for the kind of experienced people they hire

Stuck inside their box with no room for outside the box thinkers

Former Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Introductory laboratory experience, generally nice people in the Austin lab, fairly flexible hours/work schedule

Cons

Low compensation (less than $.50 per hour increases per year) and very stressful and political environment. Line managers and management will throw you under the bus or reprimand you any chance they get. Ultra fast paced environment with little time for complete training or appreciation for your work as a scientist. Little chance for movement or advancement in the company.

Need to practice some empathy towards employees, people management/treatment skills are pretty low here

Do Not work in the Recruitment Department if you want to be treated like a valuable human being.

Former Employee - Subject Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Subject Recruiter in Austin, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Pros

No pros at all for the Subject Recruitment department.

Cons

Management is not willing to listen to the employee and they play favorites with employees. The recruitment department requires a doctor's note for missing one day, but this is not a company policy, just that one department and when asked why, they claim it has "always been that way" rather than giving a legitimate reason. Thankfully I never had to miss a day. And don't even dare missing a day due to children or family reasons as only the head of that department holds that special privilege. Gossip is a big issue here as well. It was difficult to get any work done with all of the drama propagated by the managers themselves. Awful work environment, I cringe every time I think about my time spent working there.

Get rid of the management you have now in that department.

Disorganized--Inconsistent Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice facility with good sized meeting rooms.

Cons

Inconsistent rules with policies loosely enforced at the San Antonio Clinic. HR Management in Austin is horrible. They do not care the least bit about the SA Clinic.

Focus more of the employees, especially in the San Antonio Clinic. Employees should be heard and appreciated.

Work hard and get nothing for it.

Former Employee - PRN in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - PRN in Austin, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only good part of working for this company is the feeling that in some small measure you are helping people make extra money. They also let you know from the moment you are hired that there will be no room for advancement.

Cons

The supervisors set your schedule and do not allow for any changes. You are encouraged to get people to lie about their medical histories in order to qualify for studies. They fire employees for being sick, and threaten them with unemployment if they have major health issues. The supervisors promise bonuses for meeting quotas and then squirm out of actually paying out bonuses. The only workers who get any consideration are the ones who go out and party with the supervisors after work hours. There is no congratulations given when numbers are met, but lots of stress put on employees to meet numbers. If you have any moral issues with offering dangerous drugs to uneducated people then this is not the place for you.

Perhaps you should question why the recruiting office has such high turnover. Perhaps encouraging employees with bonuses, some form of congratulations when numbers are met, and not allowing supervisors to only promote their friends would lead to a higher retention of qualified employees.

Very isolated work environment.

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

I did not see any positive things about this job.

Cons

The work environment was negative and distrusting. People assumed the worst without asking.

stressful

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Pros

work from home option; reasonable compensation; competitive benefits

Cons

no work life balance; too many projects per employee; limited training on specific role with little or no mentoring of new employees; senior management does not really support for employees; to keep from passing costs on to clients, staff is overburdened with extra work;

Standardize processes; Train employees;

na

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Pros

it is a great place to work

Cons

The workplace is not very organized at times. And mostly requires putting in OT.

Growing company with many opportunities for career advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Strong work/life balance, opportunity for advancement, appropriate compensation/benefits

I can only speak from my personal experience, but over the course of many years, I've been given many opportunities to prove myself and advance my own career. I've had the opportunity to work with all areas and leadership to see the company from varied perspectives.

If I were to use the star-system as a rating (1-bad, 2-needs improvement, 3-average, 4-good, 5-excellent), in terms of my position, work/life balance is 5 (I'm intrinsically motivated and understand that time and productivity must be balanced to benefit the company, in turn, benefiting the employee). Compensation is a 4 - truthfully speaking, everyone feels they should get paid more, so perfection is elusive. Career Opportunities is also a 4. No company seems invulnerable to the fluctuating market, but I feel I'm a strong contributor. Senior Management is 4 - I'm given lots of autonomy, but could use a slightly more open line of communication. Additionally, all of my direct supervisors have allowed me to use them in a mentor-like capacity (helping me with advancement).

My overall rating is at a 4 (if taking the other areas and averaging the total). If I were to give a tip to prospective applicants - be flexible and open to change - if something is wrong, find a way to fix it.

Cons

Hectic work environment (at times), average job culture, (some) communication static

The most evident aspect of the company is the rapid change associated with rapid growth. Although there are challenges, this is to be expected with a company rapidly moving to meet client demand.

Culture / values sits at 3 due to the aforementioned breakneck pace of change and meeting client demand. I think the rating would be average with most similar companies.

Communication (even if brief). Praise employee strengths. Learn from employee weaknesses. Communicate again.

I learned a lot about pharmaceutical research.

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

It is fast paced. It feels good to contribute to the possible discovery of life-saving/life altering medications.

Cons

Some exempt positions require lots of overtime including nights and weekends. The timed environment can be stressful.

Praise employees for a job well done. Thank them for their hard work and dedication on a regular basis.

Worldwide Clinical Trials Photos