Worldwide Clinical Trials

Neal R. Cutler, M.D.

WCT start-up in Ukraine

SCRA (Former Employee)
    Kiev (Ukraine)

ProsGood salary and social package, flexible working schedule

ConsA lot of owertime work

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease improve process of approval of logistics decisions!

Growing company with many opportunities for career advancement

Austin, TX

ProsStrong work/life balance, opportunity for advancement, appropriate compensation/benefits

I can only speak from my personal experience, but over the course of many years, I've been given many opportunities to prove myself and advance my own career. I've had the opportunity to work with all areas and leadership to see the company from varied perspectives.

If I were to use the star-system as a rating (1-bad, 2-needs improvement, 3-average, 4-good, 5-excellent), in terms of my position, work/life balance is 5 (I'm intrinsically motivated and understand that time and productivity must be balanced to benefit the company, in turn, benefiting the employee). Compensation is a 4 - truthfully speaking, everyone feels they should get paid more, so perfection is elusive. Career Opportunities is also a 4. No company seems invulnerable to the fluctuating market, but I feel I'm a strong contributor. Senior Management is 4 - I'm given lots of autonomy, but could use a slightly more open line of communication. Additionally, all of my direct supervisors have allowed me to use them in a mentor-like capacity (helping me with advancement).

My overall rating is at a 4 (if taking the other areas and averaging the total). If I were to give a tip to prospective applicants - be flexible and open to change - if something is wrong, find a way to fix it.

ConsHectic work environment (at times), average job culture, (some) communication static

The most evident aspect of the company is the rapid change associated with rapid growth. Although there are challenges, this is to be expected with a company rapidly moving to meet client demand.

Culture / values sits at 3 due to the aforementioned breakneck pace of change and meeting client demand. I think the rating would be average with most similar companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication (even if brief). Praise employee strengths. Learn from employee weaknesses. Communicate again.

Great people, growing company.

ProsThe company is growing which means job security. Small enough to not be just a cog in a machine, but big enough for stability.

ConsNot alot of training for entry level positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore practical training for entry level workers.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good place to start

Raleigh, NC

ProsGreat office, nice people! Decent hours

ConsSalaries unequal, young hires with less experience

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain and mentor the people you have and invest in their futures

I learned a lot about pharmaceutical research.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsIt is fast paced. It feels good to contribute to the possible discovery of life-saving/life altering medications.

ConsSome exempt positions require lots of overtime including nights and weekends. The timed environment can be stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementPraise employees for a job well done. Thank them for their hard work and dedication on a regular basis.

Crazy workload

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou learn a lot about clinical trials and work in a good professional and collegial environment. You gain a lot of experience, structural knowledge of the processes, experience of working in a team under pressure. This experience will definitely contribute in your professional future. Try to bear the rhythm and the workload for several years, be patient with every misfortune, kind to colleagues, support the weaker ones, understand your management, and you will be successful on your future way when you decide to move on. I wish you a lot of love to this company and the best of luck.

ConsWork/Life balance is excluded. Family interests are excluded. Vacations excluded. Truly for singles wiling to work clockwise and anti-clockwise :)

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed of more soldiers and less bosses, career development for the employees, "grown up" by WCT, rather than preference to the newly hired externals, and more developed system of internal procedures.

Documentation and Compliance Associate

DOCUMENTATION and COMPLIANCE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsAll employees have a college degree and are therefore intelligent and hard working. There is a real team atmosphere.

ConsManagement does not have loyalty to its employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementSound advice would be to place a Mentor program for all new employees.

On a scale from one to ten, ten being the most positive, I would rate the company as a whole as a six.

Morrisville, NC

ProsThe company has a great understanding of the work/home life balance

ConsIt seems as if it's more who you know rather than your work habits and accomplishments in order to move to the next appropriate level/title

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees with objective ears.

Neutral

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Nottingham, England (UK)

ProsStable company with good prospects of expansion

ConsDont want to say anything here

Good potential, but needs proper management

Director of Accounting (Current Employee)
    Los Altos, CA

ProsGreat people
    International Company
    Decent pay and benefits

ConsManagement with no clue
    Doesn't seem to care much about employees

Worked for Worldwide Clinical Trials? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Worldwide Clinical Trials reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Worldwide Clinical Trials CEO Neal R. Cutler, M.D. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by Worldwide Clinical Trials employees.