Worldwide Clinical Trials Reviews

32 reviews filtered by
2.6
Neal R. Cutler, M.D.

1. WCT start-up in Ukraine

Former Employee - SCRA in Kiev (Ukraine)
    Former Employee - SCRA in Kiev (Ukraine)

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good salary and social package, flexible working schedule

Cons

A lot of owertime work

Please improve process of approval of logistics decisions!

2. Wonderful place to work!

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

The people are just awesome and friendly. love to work for this company

Cons

Not great compensation for the kind of experienced people they hire

3. na

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Pros

it is a great place to work

Cons

The workplace is not very organized at times. And mostly requires putting in OT.

5. Growing company with many opportunities for career advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Strong work/life balance, opportunity for advancement, appropriate compensation/benefits

I can only speak from my personal experience, but over the course of many years, I've been given many opportunities to prove myself and advance my own career. I've had the opportunity to work with all areas and leadership to see the company from varied perspectives.

If I were to use the star-system as a rating (1-bad, 2-needs improvement, 3-average, 4-good, 5-excellent), in terms of my position, work/life balance is 5 (I'm intrinsically motivated and understand that time and productivity must be balanced to benefit the company, in turn, benefiting the employee). Compensation is a 4 - truthfully speaking, everyone feels they should get paid more, so perfection is elusive. Career Opportunities is also a 4. No company seems invulnerable to the fluctuating market, but I feel I'm a strong contributor. Senior Management is 4 - I'm given lots of autonomy, but could use a slightly more open line of communication. Additionally, all of my direct supervisors have allowed me to use them in a mentor-like capacity (helping me with advancement).

My overall rating is at a 4 (if taking the other areas and averaging the total). If I were to give a tip to prospective applicants - be flexible and open to change - if something is wrong, find a way to fix it.

Cons

Hectic work environment (at times), average job culture, (some) communication static

The most evident aspect of the company is the rapid change associated with rapid growth. Although there are challenges, this is to be expected with a company rapidly moving to meet client demand.

Culture / values sits at 3 due to the aforementioned breakneck pace of change and meeting client demand. I think the rating would be average with most similar companies.

Communication (even if brief). Praise employee strengths. Learn from employee weaknesses. Communicate again.

6. Great people, growing company.

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

The company is growing which means job security. Small enough to not be just a cog in a machine, but big enough for stability.

Cons

Not alot of training for entry level positions.

More practical training for entry level workers.

7. A good place to start

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great office, nice people! Decent hours

Cons

Salaries unequal, young hires with less experience

Train and mentor the people you have and invest in their futures

8. Promising corporate initiatives but frustrating office atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg (Russia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Pros

– Paid overtime working hours
    – Ability to work from home
    – Some flexibility in daily schedule

Corporate initiatives are told more or less clearly, there is a view of career advancement for employees. Colleagues are mostly friendly. Office location is good, but car-owners may experience difficulties with finding a place for their cars.

Cons

Messy corporate structure with a high “technical debt”.
    Some gaps in project management, the only way to handle with responsibilities is to be very well self-organized.
    Local office in Saint-Petersburg is shrinking during the last several years which lead to an increasing ratio of clerks vs wheelhorses.
    Not everybody gets paid overtime, it depends on the managers.

Pay attention to what’s going on in the office, don’t just do your work and go home

Passive-aggressive Line Managers, no communication, low quality deliverables

Current Employee - Site Contracts Specialist
    Current Employee - Site Contracts Specialist

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Salaries are generally competitive .....

Cons

Everything else.

- Line Managers are disrespectful and passive-aggressive;

- Training is very poor;

- Materials (contract templates) are often full of clerical/grammatical errors;

- Department management are paranoid - they would not agree to uploading templates in a library because "....other departments would then have access to them too!".

Give us a vision!

10. I learned a lot about pharmaceutical research.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

It is fast paced. It feels good to contribute to the possible discovery of life-saving/life altering medications.

Cons

Some exempt positions require lots of overtime including nights and weekends. The timed environment can be stressful.

Praise employees for a job well done. Thank them for their hard work and dedication on a regular basis.

11. Irrsinniges Arbeitspensum Crazy workload

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (more than 3 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Man lernt viel über klinische Studien und arbeitet in einem angenehmen, professionellen und kollegialen Umfeld. Man lernt Prozessstrukturen kennen und sammelt viele Erfahrungen, was das Arbeiten im Team unter Zeitdruck betrifft. Auscdiesen Erfahrungen wird man definiert für seine berufliche Zukunft großen Nutzen ziehen. Versucht einfach, den Rhythmus mitzugehen und über mehrere Jahre die Arbeitsbelastung durchzustehen, habt Geduld bei Misserfolgen, seid nett zu den Kollegen, unterstützt die Schwächeren, versucht Verständnis für das Management aufzubringen - dann seid ihr auch in der Zukunft erfolgreich, wenn ihr euch entscheidet, weiterzuziehen. Ich wünsche euch, dass ihr dieses Unternehmen lieben lernt und viel Glück.

You learn a lot about clinical trials and work in a good professional and collegial environment. You gain a lot of experience, structural knowledge of the processes, experience of working in a team under pressure. This experience will definitely contribute in your professional future. Try to bear the rhythm and the workload for several years, be patient with every misfortune, kind to colleagues, support the weaker ones, understand your management, and you will be successful on your future way when you decide to move on. I wish you a lot of love to this company and the best of luck.

Cons

Work-Life-Balance: unbekannt. Die Interessen der Familie: irrelevant. Urlaub: ausgeschlossen. Ein echter Single-Job für Leute, die gern rund um die Uhr arbeiten (und zwar sowohl im als auch gegen den Uhrzeigersinn :)

Work/Life balance is excluded. Family interests are excluded. Vacations excluded. Truly for singles wiling to work clockwise and anti-clockwise :)

Bedarf für mehr Fußsoldaten und weniger Vorgesetzte, Karriereentwicklung der Mitarbeiter: eher aus den eigenen Reihen von WCT "großgezogen" als neue externe Angestellte, besser entwickeltes System für interne Abläufe ist erforderlich.

Need of more soldiers and less bosses, career development for the employees, "grown up" by WCT, rather than preference to the newly hired externals, and more developed system of internal procedures.

Worldwide Clinical Trials Photos