Worldwide Clinical Trials

BE CAUTIOUS

Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate
    Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for less than a year

Pros

Their systems were relatively easy to learn. Questions and support were given quickly by members of the team.

Cons

I thought this was going to be a great fit, as I gave 300% on the project and really enjoyed the work. Out of the blue, I was let go. To this day, I still have no clue why. I found out the worst way, by the CRA who was replacing me telling me she was taking all of my sites. When I inquired with management what was going on, I was ignored for days until I received the formal business letter stating they were terminating me. So much for giving 300% to a project! It would have been nice to know why they were letting me go, or better yet, to know what I could have done to have perhaps corrected the issue.

For starters, perhaps let someone know why they're being let go. Better yet, perhaps let them know if you have issues so they can be corrected before it even gets this far. This is the reason why employees aren't loyal to employers!

no communication

Former Employee - Clinical Document Coordinator  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Clinical Document Coordinator in Austin, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Pros

excellent benefits kick in at six months

Cons

in a hard-to-get part of town making traffic a problem no matter what; weak communication from trainers, bloated information processes making it difficult to filter the junk out so you can find important information

realize that for every computer process, there are at least three ways to do it; realize that people who are different add to the diversity of the company...in a good way; just be honest and do the right thing instead of hiding behind a wall...sometimes being a manager or trainer is hard work.

stressful

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Pros

work from home option; reasonable compensation; competitive benefits

Cons

no work life balance; too many projects per employee; limited training on specific role with little or no mentoring of new employees; senior management does not really support for employees; to keep from passing costs on to clients, staff is overburdened with extra work;

Standardize processes; Train employees;

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Old story: small company purchased by global one; management loses sight of important things..

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Casual work environment, no dress code, friendly and intelligent coworkers, freedom to manage own workload, collaboration generally encouraged.

Cons

Oppressive, paranoid atmosphere created by CEO and senior management, the manner in which kowtowing to management was quite blatantly proposed as the thing to do, workers not respected as the seasoned, experienced professionals they are, lots and lots of talk by middle managers and very little effort to address problems, company underpaying and being unconcerned about it while expecting the very best work at all times, the age-old tension between quality and quantity, and quantity (fast-throughput) winning every time despite quality always being the wisest way to go, ultimately.

Meet with experienced, long-time employees, even if they aren't managers, and find out what frustrates them on a daily basis. Then, instead of simply relaying the findings to your under managers, do some research and put an improvement plan in place yourself, and set your manager to following through with it with deadlines and accountability.

Worldwide Clinical Trials - A CRO in Need of Repair

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart people in the Medical and Scientic Affairs

Cons

Absolutely no central leadership and there is well known infighting with the founders that serve to divide the company. Additionally, at the senior level there is very little transparency and honesty. It is abundantly clear that all executives are focused on the 'sell of the company'. This post is in no way that of a disgruntled employee - it is simply the well known current state of affairs.

Fun place to work and a good place to gain experience if you have none

Current Employee - Research Technician  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Research Technician in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials part-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a good group of people

Cons

Pay is not very competitive

More pay for all staff and more hours for PRN staff.
    Improve processes to become more efficient.

Not a nice place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Pros

Casual dress code, supportive upper middle management (trips to baseball games, pizza lunches, company picnics etc), flexible working hours and various other initiatives

Cons

WCT is jam-packed with egomaniacs. Lower middle management don't have are unqualified and don't seem to have a clue what they are doing. Studies are poorly run, so much so that the company gets very little in the way of repeat business

Hire properly qualified individuals to do the jobs (i.e. those with degrees AND experience, not your friends or people who say yes to everything.

Learning experience - learning what you need in management/mentors and realizing there are none at the WCT

Former Employee - Project Director  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Project Director in Austin, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Pros

The people that are not management

Cons

Unrealistic deadlines, over-promises by business development and management, not enough resources

Understand the issues before sentencing. Practice what you preach - work in all of the jobs/roles now, not 9 years ago when the company was small

I learned a lot about pharmaceutical research.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

It is fast paced. It feels good to contribute to the possible discovery of life-saving/life altering medications.

Cons

Some exempt positions require lots of overtime including nights and weekends. The timed environment can be stressful.

Praise employees for a job well done. Thank them for their hard work and dedication on a regular basis.

Crazy workload

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You learn a lot about clinical trials and work in a good professional and collegial environment. You gain a lot of experience, structural knowledge of the processes, experience of working in a team under pressure. This experience will definitely contribute in your professional future. Try to bear the rhythm and the workload for several years, be patient with every misfortune, kind to colleagues, support the weaker ones, understand your management, and you will be successful on your future way when you decide to move on. I wish you a lot of love to this company and the best of luck.

Cons

Work/Life balance is excluded. Family interests are excluded. Vacations excluded. Truly for singles wiling to work clockwise and anti-clockwise :)

Need of more soldiers and less bosses, career development for the employees, "grown up" by WCT, rather than preference to the newly hired externals, and more developed system of internal procedures.

Worked for Worldwide Clinical Trials? Contribute to the Community!