Worldwide Clinical Trials

2.8

Neal R. Cutler, M.D.

Disorganized--Inconsistent Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice facility with good sized meeting rooms.

Cons

Inconsistent rules with policies loosely enforced at the San Antonio Clinic. HR Management in Austin is horrible. They do not care the least bit about the SA Clinic.

Focus more of the employees, especially in the San Antonio Clinic. Employees should be heard and appreciated.

Work hard and get nothing for it.

Former Employee - PRN in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - PRN in Austin, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only good part of working for this company is the feeling that in some small measure you are helping people make extra money. They also let you know from the moment you are hired that there will be no room for advancement.

Cons

The supervisors set your schedule and do not allow for any changes. You are encouraged to get people to lie about their medical histories in order to qualify for studies. They fire employees for being sick, and threaten them with unemployment if they have major health issues. The supervisors promise bonuses for meeting quotas and then squirm out of actually paying out bonuses. The only workers who get any consideration are the ones who go out and party with the supervisors after work hours. There is no congratulations given when numbers are met, but lots of stress put on employees to meet numbers. If you have any moral issues with offering dangerous drugs to uneducated people then this is not the place for you.

Perhaps you should question why the recruiting office has such high turnover. Perhaps encouraging employees with bonuses, some form of congratulations when numbers are met, and not allowing supervisors to only promote their friends would lead to a higher retention of qualified employees.

Wonderful place to work!

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

The people are just awesome and friendly. love to work for this company

Cons

Not great compensation for the kind of experienced people they hire

Very isolated work environment.

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

I did not see any positive things about this job.

Cons

The work environment was negative and distrusting. People assumed the worst without asking.

stressful

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Pros

work from home option; reasonable compensation; competitive benefits

Cons

no work life balance; too many projects per employee; limited training on specific role with little or no mentoring of new employees; senior management does not really support for employees; to keep from passing costs on to clients, staff is overburdened with extra work;

Standardize processes; Train employees;

na

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Pros

it is a great place to work

Cons

The workplace is not very organized at times. And mostly requires putting in OT.

Growing company with many opportunities for career advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Strong work/life balance, opportunity for advancement, appropriate compensation/benefits

I can only speak from my personal experience, but over the course of many years, I've been given many opportunities to prove myself and advance my own career. I've had the opportunity to work with all areas and leadership to see the company from varied perspectives.

If I were to use the star-system as a rating (1-bad, 2-needs improvement, 3-average, 4-good, 5-excellent), in terms of my position, work/life balance is 5 (I'm intrinsically motivated and understand that time and productivity must be balanced to benefit the company, in turn, benefiting the employee). Compensation is a 4 - truthfully speaking, everyone feels they should get paid more, so perfection is elusive. Career Opportunities is also a 4. No company seems invulnerable to the fluctuating market, but I feel I'm a strong contributor. Senior Management is 4 - I'm given lots of autonomy, but could use a slightly more open line of communication. Additionally, all of my direct supervisors have allowed me to use them in a mentor-like capacity (helping me with advancement).

My overall rating is at a 4 (if taking the other areas and averaging the total). If I were to give a tip to prospective applicants - be flexible and open to change - if something is wrong, find a way to fix it.

Cons

Hectic work environment (at times), average job culture, (some) communication static

The most evident aspect of the company is the rapid change associated with rapid growth. Although there are challenges, this is to be expected with a company rapidly moving to meet client demand.

Culture / values sits at 3 due to the aforementioned breakneck pace of change and meeting client demand. I think the rating would be average with most similar companies.

Communication (even if brief). Praise employee strengths. Learn from employee weaknesses. Communicate again.

I learned a lot about pharmaceutical research.

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

It is fast paced. It feels good to contribute to the possible discovery of life-saving/life altering medications.

Cons

Some exempt positions require lots of overtime including nights and weekends. The timed environment can be stressful.

Praise employees for a job well done. Thank them for their hard work and dedication on a regular basis.

BE CAUTIOUS

Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate
    Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Their systems were relatively easy to learn. Questions and support were given quickly by members of the team.

Cons

I thought this was going to be a great fit, as I gave 300% on the project and really enjoyed the work. Out of the blue, I was let go. To this day, I still have no clue why. I found out the worst way, by the CRA who was replacing me telling me she was taking all of my sites. When I inquired with management what was going on, I was ignored for days until I received the formal business letter stating they were terminating me. So much for giving 300% to a project! It would have been nice to know why they were letting me go, or better yet, to know what I could have done to have perhaps corrected the issue.

For starters, perhaps let someone know why they're being let go. Better yet, perhaps let them know if you have issues so they can be corrected before it even gets this far. This is the reason why employees aren't loyal to employers!

Crazy workload

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You learn a lot about clinical trials and work in a good professional and collegial environment. You gain a lot of experience, structural knowledge of the processes, experience of working in a team under pressure. This experience will definitely contribute in your professional future. Try to bear the rhythm and the workload for several years, be patient with every misfortune, kind to colleagues, support the weaker ones, understand your management, and you will be successful on your future way when you decide to move on. I wish you a lot of love to this company and the best of luck.

Cons

Work/Life balance is excluded. Family interests are excluded. Vacations excluded. Truly for singles wiling to work clockwise and anti-clockwise :)

Need of more soldiers and less bosses, career development for the employees, "grown up" by WCT, rather than preference to the newly hired externals, and more developed system of internal procedures.

Worldwide Clinical Trials Photos