Worldwide Express Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
153 reviews filtered by
4.3
Tom Madine

Pros
  • Worldwide Express has an impeccable training program both entry level and advanced (in 15 reviews)

• they are shocked when I tell them it is from an outside sales position (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Success takes hard work and dedication, so if you are not the type of person to play for (in 12 reviews)

• Given the upside to the opportunity, it is well worth the long hours (in 10 reviews)

1. I love it

Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Worldwide Express

Pros

Great work environment and advancement opportunities

Cons

Not great base pay. Long days

Appreciate your lower employees thst keep things running

2. A very challenging and potentially rewarding job opportunity.

I worked at Worldwide Express

Pros

Commissions and bonuses can be very lucrative. A fast paced environment that is always changing. Incredible communication skills gained from the cold calling door to door and the phone call follow ups. They provide a pretty good training week where they teach you the ins and outs of the business.

Cons

Rarely have a day shorter than 9 hours. There is always more work to do and things that need to be done before you can leave. Very high expectations and very competitive culture can cause a lot of stress and worry. Have to learn as you go. Cold calling door to door by yourself in the beginning is fairly tough.

3. Review

I worked at Worldwide Express

Pros

Great training program, if your competitive this is a place where you can succeed

Cons

commission structure needs to be improved

5. Glorified chop shop

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance if you're in the right franchise

Cons

You will be expected to act unethically. You are selling garbage so people will treat you like garbage

Take an ethics course. Don't lie to a candidate during the interview process and then be surprised when it doesn't work out

6. Great entry level position

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate office is great. Amazing training and development. Good company culture

Cons

Depends on the franchise you work for. Limited room for growth.

Pay your top performers.

7. Fast-pace, cold-calling sales environment where you truly run your own business.

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking for a true sales driven job then this could be your place. The offices are usually small teams, but everyone gets along and supports each other. You are given the freedom to sell the way that you want to and are constantly sharpening your skills.

Cons

If you aren't 100% sold on sales, do not apply. You will be cold-calling (more like cold-walking) into 60+ business on an average day and cold call another 40 decision makers on a daily basis. While on the road (usually 7+ hours a day) you are completely alone and without coworkers which can be difficult at times.

Focusing on hiring the right people who are truly dedicated to sales and not just sharp individuals who might be interested in sales. That should help with turnover.

8. Positive Administrative support in a sales driven company can be hard to find - Look to Worldwide Express!

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist

I have been working at Worldwide Express

Pros

As an administrative employee, Worldwide Express provides an upbeat vibe, support, encouragement and consistency. I know that I am a trusted and valued member of the team and I like the idea of providing the service to back up our award-winning sales staff. My boss is 1000% supportive of my professional feedback, worries, suggestions, as well as my personal role - away from work. My colleagues and I have all been together for over 5 years. We have all grown and we respect that of one another.

Cons

Working with customers on a daily basis is, in itself, a rewarding task...until their shipment is late. And while I can say it's a "con" when they get disgruntled, it feels nice when we (the admin side) get to save the day and make them happy again. About the only other "con" I can think of is the monotonous nature of this side, but I happen to prefer the consistency. Some might get bored when the sales team all leaves for the day and everything gets quiet. It's not a "con" in my opinion, you just need to be the kind of person what prefers to work alone and be able to stay on task.

The insurance has been changed at least 6 times in the 5 years that I have worked for WWEX. I don't know if there is really anything that management can do about that, but a higher company contribution would make me feel better about having it switched so much. Also, remember that the admin side never gets to do anything fun, like the sales conference for the sales side. So, maybe, something cool to recognize your admin employees once they reach certain anniversaries. The sales people in a district get to all meet one another. I have never met any other admin employees from any other city's offices. I talk to them daily, but have never been able to put a face with the name. <Insert smiley face here!>

9. Horrible , unethical .. Stay far away.

I have been working at Worldwide Express

Pros

There are no pros except the corporate training

Cons

No human resources department - hostile work enviroment

Hire adults

10. More than a job...

Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Worldwide Express is an amazing company to work for. It has one of the best cultures that I have ever been lucky enough to be a part of. In addition to having great people to work with/for, it is very customer focused and as a result has a very positive aura. It's great to work for a company that sees the true value in it's employees. Every day is unique and far from monotonous. I have loved being a part of Worldwide Express and look forward to my future.

Cons

I sincerely don't have anything bad to say.

Don't change a thing.

11. Long Term Career Opportunities, Fun Work Atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Worked for the company for 7+ yrs now and the dynamic keeps on changing. Fast paced and keeps you on your toes. Not for the individual that wants to be a fly on the wall. Everyone is part of the team and contributes to the day to day operations which is awesome because you feel way more fulfilled at the end of the day. Continual learning environment and just overall really cool place to work.

Cons

Work hard, play hard is definitely the motto here and the harder you work early on in your career, it sets you up for the future. So early on, it can be a bit overwhelming but it does pay off in big $$$.