Worldwide Express Reviews

153 reviews filtered by

1. Work hard, Play hard

Former Employee - Senior Territory Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Territory Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This entry level position affords college grads the opportunity to gain a wealth of sales experience and great opportunity for advancement.

Cons

It is hard work, but if you buckle down and do it you will form a life long work ethic that will serve you well the rest of your career.

Advice to Management

Keep churning out future leaders.

Over-worked, micromanaged,

Former Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Upper managers are very motivational and give great pep talks. The office environment looks appealing as an outsider.

Cons

It is very difficult to maintain a work-life balance with this job because you are required to work 10 hours a day and expected to put in more time in the evenings and on the weekends. If you are looking to have any time for yourself outside of work I would not recommend this position. You will be micromanaged excessively to the point where they break down almost all of your confidence. The work environment for a sales rep is very isolating. You are discouraged from talking to any other employee in the office. The position has a very high turnover in this office, but when asked about this during the interviewing process, management will not give a response about why. They will just say, "This job is not for everyone." This might be a better position for someone with a little more experience in a sales position and not women who have just graduated college and do not have another job to compare it to. If you are willing to give up next to all of your time and dedicate it to a career where you are assigned an area that is already saturated with customers and cold calling businesses where there has been many other WWEX reps in within the year, don't mind being criticized for everything you do and feel like you cannot have a real conversation with any of your co-workers, you may be able to tolerate this position. I worked in this position for almost 6 months and watched 3 sales reps leave the company at different times. When I started, the Account Executive that had been there the longest had worked there for 6 months. Overall, there are people out there that this position will be a good fit for. However, for the young recent college graduates out there (which are the only people they interview), keep your options open and make sure you are considering other options as well.

Advice to Management

If the employee turnover is so high, maybe you're not doing something right. Promotion from within may not always be the correct answer. Because you are a good performer does not make you a good manager.

3. Tremendous opportunity for the right person - the true definition of getting out of the job what you put into it!

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love coming to work everyday. My co-workers are some of my closest friends and confidants. The opportunity to work with business owners on a daily business and truly understand and help them with their business is a thrill!

Cons

Like any sales organization there is always the pressure to perform. But if you're the type of person that thrives off of friendly competition then this really is not a con ...

5. I love going to work!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing and the opportunity available at a franchise and corporate level is challenging yet attainable, I love the money making opportunity and the fact that every day is different.

Cons

There aren't many cons here, honestly it is either a good fit or not.

6. Professional, dedicated team you can be proud to be a part of.

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Expectations are always very, very clear, despite the changing nature of the business. At its core is an exciting, challenging company that you can be proud to grow with.

Cons

This is not the place to work if you are looking to settle in to a nice, comfy spot and coast. You have to want to move forward.

Worldwide Express Response

Aug 5, 2014Marketing Manager

Thank you for this positive review - we appreciate your enthusiasm and dedication!

7. Great Entry Level Sales Position

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Top notch training for new college grads.

Cons

Pay structure needs to be reworked.

Advice to Management

Give more incentive to sales representatives

8. Great Company with A Lot of Opportunity

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have recently started a position with the Dallas CBD as Account Manager. I am so thrilled to be a part of this company. Its a lot of work but a lot of fun with an office that has a great sense of community and team support. Dallas CBD offers a very fare compensation with the added motivation to grow with additional bonuses. I really love the dynamic and culture that is cultivated not only among the office but also with the clients. I work directly with the Dallas franchise but the whole corporation has also been amazing to work for. Everybody, no matter what position, has been open to offering any information or support. I couldn't ask for a better company to kick off my professional career.

Cons

Due to the low turnover rate of this position, there is only one yearly training session organized by the corporate office specific to Account Managers. In place of this, my office does a great job of providing continuous training in-house.

Advice to Management

I really appreciate the open door policy and willingness to help, while also empowering employees to find practices that work best for them. I also want to acknowledge that you do a great job of being able to work with all employees by putting yourself on their level. At the same time you maintain the respect needed for the responsibilities of your position. Keep doing what you do!

9. account Executive

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good entry level position. Training is great and applicable where ever your career takes you.

Cons

This is a daily grind, if you don't like 4-6 hours of feet on the street cold calling look else where. Comp plan need to be worked on.

Advice to Management

Invest in your management team on a local level. Don't just promote top performers, train them who to lead

10. Great place to work with great people and unlimited opportunities to succeed.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Worldwide Express for almost two years, and have enjoyed my time here thoroughly. My trajectory with the company has allowed me to fulfill several different roles within our organization, and the management team was even willing to create a new position for me to maximize my impact and put me in a better position to thrive here; I simply can't say that about any other company that I've worked for. Every day here is a unique, challenging, and ultimately rewarding experience in which you can actually see the results of your work every day. Every level of this organization handles themselves with integrity and handles their work in a professional manner while also displaying a sense of individuality; the team here is not a cookie-cutter, corporate bunch. If you are willing to work hard here, there is no limit to the success you can have in any position.

Cons

If you are disorganized, the fast-paced nature of our business can cause you to get lost.

Worldwide Express Response

Aug 5, 2014Marketing Manager

We are so happy to hear about your successes and how rewarding this job is for you. Thank you for posting this review, we appreciate it!

If I could give 0 stars I would

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice people at other offices

Cons

Let me start by saying that this company is a joke. If you are looking for a place to work that:
    -advertises benefits but does not offer them (that's right, NO benefits. No health insurance, no vacation/sick time, no retirement plan, etc--can vary by franchise)
    -has seemingly mandatory office outings
    -you are required to give out your personal cell phone number
    -allows profanity to be yelled in the office
    -has convoluted and nonsensical "performance evaluations"
    -has employees who spend more time talking about how industry savvy they are than they actually spend working (franchise owner favorites)
    -has delusional expectations of the job you are performing
    then Worldwide Express is the place for you.

You make a below average salary for a college educated individual. They recruit recent college graduates because they don't know any better. Men are also paid more than women no matter their education level or experience. Not to mention that there are people allowed to do whatever they want in the offices while others are worked until their fingers bleed.

This company allows shady and more or less unethical business practices to go on right underneath their noses that could potentially cost the entire company their relationship with UPS.

Absolute atrocious place to work.

Advice to Management

Get your franchises under control