Worldwide TechServices

Be The First To
Add Photos

Worldwide TechServices President & CEO Dov Horowitz

Dov Horowitz

Pros:
  • "The only pro I can think of is the flexible schedule"
    in 5 reviews
  • "There is no pros to work for this company at all"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "They are also now attempting to hire some full time people at less than they are paying their part-time employees"
    in 6 reviews
  • "29 per call, 33 cents each mile 1 way in between locations/calls reimbursed"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company until Qualxserv merged with Bantec to become Worldwide TechServices.

Technician Associate (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsFree or Paid Training.
    Ability to set you own work schedule (to a degree).
    Work Independantly.

ConsLittle opportunity for advancement or promotion to full-time.

Absolutely no benefits for part-time employees, which are at least 90% of the workforce.

Pay for work performed went from a per call basis to hourly basis. In my case from 36.00/call to 14.00/hour.
    Typical service call lasted about 1-1.25 hours, so in essence, money made per call dropped from 36.00 to 20.00 (or less), and part-time employees were limited to 29 hours/week for a max of $406.00, which was typically close to half of what you were making before the said merger.

Although accepted as part of the job using your own vehicle, the amount of travel, in time and miles, was often very great, most of the time exceeding 200 miles/5 hours per day. Travel time did become included in the 29 hrs/week, but mileage reimbursement is/was still considered low at .33/mile.

Upper management was extremely demanding on lower management/technicians as everything seem to be about customer satisfaction survey numbers and the constant hounding to maintain those numbers at a satisfactory level, which in reality, is out of the hands of the service technician as his/her work may have been satisfactory/excelent but the customer gives bad scores due to other areas in the service repair process.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreater opportunity for advancement and a benefits package for part-time employees.

Increase in hourly pay rate to something that approaches what was being earned before the merger.

Smaller territory areas, when possible, to reduce the mileage/time traveled in a typical day, and an increase in mileage pay rate.

The ability to discern bad customer satisfaction survey scores that are result of other areas in the service repair process so that it will not reflect badly on the said technician or the region that he serves in.

It's ok as long as you have another part time job to get by.

Field Service Technician (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsPaid online training and setting your own hours with the customer

ConsThe level of pay is far below the level of work that's done. Don't worry about promotions..there aren't any that I've seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the techs what they are worth and consider promoting good techs.

Good part-time position not good for main job

Onsite Technician (Former Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

ProsLocal Supervisor really good. they are really flexible about your schedule and really work with you to make it work for the technician and the company. As long as your customers are satisfied and you have updated your calls by 10am Monday thru Friday you are in charge of your schedule.

ConsThe home office only cares about the bottom line. You can only get a maximum of 29 hours a week unless they are extremely busy. The hours go up and down depending on how many calls they get.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis advice is to upper management not direct supervisors. Remember that without the technicians in the field there would be no company. So while the bottom line is important it should not be the most important if you want the comopny to truly succeed.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good part time job

Field Service Technician (Former Employee)
    Pleasanton, CA

ProsPart-Time flexible scheduling, paid training, 401K eligible after 3 years

ConsNo gas reimbursement. Calls are infrequent.

Advice to Senior ManagementReimbursement is on gas and money for car would be good. Needs to improve calls scheduling and contracts with vendors

Loved it the first few years!

Senior Field Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsCompany vehicle (for full time Hughes techs), work from home. Most tools and training provided. Benefits (pricing has skyrocketed! Almost double from start date) Direct customer contact by making your own appointments.

ConsWas great when I started almost 10 years ago, but since the Banctec buyout, it's been a downhill battle. Banctec bosses are taking over and driving the old Qualxserv to the grave. Experienced people leaving daily, some being replaced with parts monkeys unable to use a screw driver. Others not being replaced and pushing us to do more with less and no OT. No raises in 5 yrs, but benies doubled. Always a different excuse. One email says how there losing monies, next is how awesome things are! Make up your mind!

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the ones doing their job, pay them well! They are the ones lining your pockets! How about some upper, upper management communication? Not just a "thank you" note at Christmas. What happened to the bonuses? And why did they come from the managers? No wonder none were spread around..

Decent experience and wages as a part time employee

Field Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsYou're your own boss. As long as you can handle situations properly and get your job done you almost never have to interact with management.

ConsThe systems for training and procedures could be much better. The wages aren't bad, but there's not a good systems set up for promotions and such.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training for employees and better systems in place to take care of internal systems issues would be helpful

Enjoyed working there but you are micromanaged which does not allow for good customer relations to get job done.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsThis job has good benefits such as medical and dental as well as matching funds for your 401k. Most of your coworkers are great to work with.

ConsCompensation is not the best, there have not been any raises to brag about with this company. Last one was about .15 an hour and that was after 10 years of NO raises. You are micromanaged by upper management which makes it difficult to do your job to satisfy the end user completely. Training is mostly through cd's that are sent to you and they give you so much time to complete but no work time for it to be finished so your home life suffers if you want to get them done.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a slap in the face to go for over 10 years without a raise and then get a miniscule one that doesn't even cover taxes much less the cost of living. I realize that service companies are constantly being bought out or reorganizing but it is frustrating to keep falling behind due to cost of living increasing but compensation being stagnant.

Vey stressful

Computer Technician (Former Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsIf you don't need an income, work here.

ConsThey offered me a phone. Woopdeedoo..........

Advice to Senior ManagementStarted at $35.00 per call, Then went down $29.00, No expenses reembursed. (mileage only paid if over 35 miles to site, max 500 miles) No local office. The work load is awfull. Many days I would get no calls, but I need to make myself available to them every day. WTF. Then they went to a new pay structure, $14.00 an hour-only the hours you are actually on site. If I'm on site for 30 minutes they pay $7.00. At this point I quit. They justified this by paying mileage to the site and offering a free smart phone. Business expense is not income! What kind of people are they attracting at this wage?
    I was an experienced tech with consistently high customer reviews but also ashamed that I qualified for and using food stamps. The company culture is one of intimidation and fear Glad I left..
     56e73ad

Waste of your life!

CSA (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThere are no pros to this company

ConsManagement cant stand their employees. They overwork, underpay, provide no benefits to the vast majority of employee pool (90%.) They utilize "part time" work force although they cheat and work them as full time. There is absolutely no advancement. If a policy changes it was always we expect more for less.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease catch a terrible disease!

Unfortunately one of the only jobs around for someone with an A+ certificate.

Field Service Technician (Current Employee)
    Havana, FL

ProsWhen you are the only tech in the area you will make a decent wage. Flexible hours and training available. Living in a city that has a lot of contracts is a perk. If you live in a town that has alot of business for the company you will do well.

ConsNever mess up or you will be put on the bottom of every new manager's list. If you live in an outlying town, anyone who is hired in the nearest major city will be allowed to transfer any problem(service calls customer's have called in about before they could be assigned or that were assigned after the vendor's ETA) services calls they receive to you in order to preserve the companies ratings within that town. If you don't live in a major city or a city that receives a lot of business you will be passed over for any tech that is hired in those cities for a full time position. There is no room for advancement if you've screwed up in the past, your managers will promote any newbie hired over you as punishment. I've been working for the company for 7 years and every new hire was allowed to transfer every call that was outside of his home town or had an issue with it. Every one of those employees was allowed to tank my record for their own personal advancement. Never upset your manager or you will never ever get anywhere with this company. What's worse is that you can actually end up in a position where due to fluctuating work hours you will not make enough profit to afford gas or repairs on your vehicle to keep working. When management is asked about this you will always be told it's "slow", even if you suddenly receive no work for several weeks after a major complaint. Months of barely even breaking even pay wise is never considered a factor when you are disciplined for not taking care of service calls within a day of assignment. Once this starts happening leave immediately! You will eventually get stuck with not being assigned any work for weeks because they are too cheap to pay out unemployment, but the up side is once another tech leaves because he is overwhelmed, they will need you again.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe techs are what make your business. Cutting pay and not assigning jobs due to customer comments only causes you to have to hire people who aren't experienced once the people who are being "punished" are forced to quit. How can you expect employees who get in trouble for literally every aspect of the job regardless of what they do to enjoy working at a loss for you? Fire us and give us our unemployment or give us some help so we can do better. Quit screwing your current base of employees over to hire "better" people over and over and let us know what we could improve on!

Worked for Worldwide TechServices? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Worldwide TechServices reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Worldwide TechServices CEO Dov Horowitz. All 80 reviews posted anonymously by Worldwide TechServices employees.