Worldwide TechServices Reviews

Reset
1.9
Worldwide TechServices President and CEO Dov Horowitz
Dov Horowitz

Pros
  • There are no Pros for this company (in 6 reviews)

• The only pro I can think of is the flexible schedule (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • You know what that means: no benefits (in 11 reviews)

• They are also now attempting to hire some full time people at less than they are paying their part-time employees (in 9 reviews)

1. Computer Hardware Technician

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working on a variety of types and makes of computers, as well as companies, schools, government, and home users

Cons

Very little chance of advancement, poor pay

Advice to Management

Hire me full time

2. Great Part Time Job

Current Employee - Field Associate (P1) in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Field Associate (P1) in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome to be able to plan your own day how you want. The pay is not terrible and if you like driving around a little, this job is for you.

Cons

Some organization issues with upper management, and some technicians should not be working for this company. The screening process is super easy, and I think it should be a bit more involved to screen the correct employees for this company.

Advice to Management

The training process needs to be a bit more in-depth, or just make it clear that you would like people with computer experience.

3. Jobs are ok but company and management are not

Former Employee - Field Tech in Rochester, MN
    Former Employee - Field Tech in Rochester, MN

I worked at Worldwide TechServices full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great way to get good experience in the field and get free certs..work from home is nice too

Cons

Managers and company care very little about you

Advice to Management

Pay better!

pay sucks

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Worldwide TechServices (More than a year)

Pros

make your own daily schedule

Cons

pay sucks and you have to use our own vehicle

Advice to Management

you are always on vacations and rub it in our faces

Too many managers with no respect for their staff.

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Bowling Green, KY
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Bowling Green, KY

I worked at Worldwide TechServices part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. There is little else positive to say about this company, at least, in their earlier period as Qualxserv. I actually was laid-off from this company at the end of 2007 not long before they came back as Worlwide Technology Services. This company changes names about every 5-10 years.

Cons

If the current company is anything like they were when they were called Qualxserv I would advise looking for something better. I worked for them for over 4 years. The pay per service call was not bad if you could maintain a high enough call volume. However, the mileage compensation made it a complete and utter ripoff as a Dell Service Provider where I was sent on average to 4 calls per day covering a 100+ mile radius. Their management was terrible to work with. They acted like a petty fiefdom dictating demands as they saw fit with zero regard for their technicians' safety and well being in the field.

Advice to Management

Quit while you are ahead.

7. My review

Pros

Flexible days, the rest of this review is just to meet the 20 character minimum.

Cons

no raises, hard to reach management with concerns.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees concerns, stop overloading supervisors so they can answer the phone and emails.

It sucks and it's not getting better

Current Employee - Technician in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Technician in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There aren't many. Some of the customers are nice to deal with. If you get too close with a customer and they are happy with your working relationship and staified with your work, the company will make sure you don't go back

Cons

Too many to list. Micro management, regularly reminded of any mistakes or short comings while NO recognition of your positive work

Advice to Management

VALUE YOUR EMPLOYEES. WE are the ones that make your company successful. Constantly berating your best employees insures your failure

9. Field Technician

Current Employee - Technician in Ronkonkoma, NY
    Current Employee - Technician in Ronkonkoma, NY

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoy helping people solve their technical problems

Cons

Sometimes there's not enough work for me

Part time really means full time

Former Employee - Field Specialist
    Former Employee - Field Specialist

I worked at Worldwide TechServices part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training courses if you get time to do them

Cons

Rules change on the fly. They say to check your inbox before 8am to gather up the plan of the day. Well it seems you need to gather up all these items all day long and if you do not check your phone constantly expect a call from a boss ripping you for not getting the call into your queue. The system might work great if you only get 2-3 calls per day but get closer to 6 and that is all you are doing - excepting calls and calling the new customer. My assumption is they EXPECT you to talk on the phone while driving, dangerous at best in some areas - I do not do that. Another issue is with parts drops. Seems the shipping is to a near by UPS location, even if that means driving an hour or two out of the way to get the parts for an account 10 miles from your house. I asked if they could send the packages to a UPS near my house - answer we have no control over that. OK. The foolish phone they give you is pretty small - make sure you have glasses or good eyesight. Lastly I was hired part time. Fine I figure a MAX of 20 hours. In the first day I was "awarded" something like 15 calls, which they wanted them done that day. Highly unlikely. I was authorised to work "overtime and the entire weekend". So much for part time. WWTS gets all the benefit hiring part time and working you full time. When I got hung up at a customer site for a longer than typical time frame the IBM flashing tool image I had would not boot, I was again talked to about not getting to customers quick enough on the phone, spending too much time fixing this one PC with the defective image. I was then told I would have to go back on my own time. That might work for some - but for $15/hr, not. Part time 40+ hrs plus working weekends, gifting work. No such luck.

Advice to Management

Spend a day in the field and revamp your processes and timing. If you hire part time, do not expect a full time employee.

Cannot make a living

Current Employee - Field Tech
    Current Employee - Field Tech

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices part-time

Pros

You can schedule your own travel.

Cons

Can get a enough work to pay bills. And 33 cent a mile for travel, just barely covers gas one way. I also have to beg for call from my supervisor. Also it seems like there is not one in charge. It seems like everything you sign on that WWTS has changed procedures.

Advice to Management

You should care about your employees. I meet other techs who don't care anymore, because management does not care about them

RSS Feed </> Embed