Worldwide TechServices Reviews

105 reviews filtered by
1.6
Worldwide TechServices President & CEO Dov Horowitz
Dov Horowitz

Pros
  • There is no pros to work for this company at all (in 6 reviews)

• The only pro I can think of is the flexible schedule (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no benefits for part-time employees, which are at least 90% of the workforce (in 11 reviews)

• Was hired as a temp, but was told there was a strong opportunity to get hired full-time (in 9 reviews)

1. Good place to start. but not if you are looking for something long term

I worked at Worldwide TechServices

Pros

Flexible schedule for those that would like to have this as a second job or for college students

Cons

Pay is not great. No one understands the mileage reimbursement policy, and it is not close to covering your personal expense for travel.

2. Full time job

Former Employee - Field Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Field Associate in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Worldwide TechServices

Pros

Plenty of training and certification opportunities.

Cons

Full time job, 8-5 or longer, for part time pay. Very structured schedule

Allow more technician flexibility and less supervisor interference.

3. A stepping stone to nowhere

Current Employee - Field Service Technician
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Get to move around instead of sitting in one place

Cons

A lot of things have already been covered by previous reviewers.

Horrendous communication, can barely get in touch with immediate management. Suspect there is a similar disconnect on most levels
    Little to no interest in regards to feedback from field employees
    Low (practically non-existent for the past few weeks) work volume (in my area) with no explanation which doesn't stop them from hiring more people
    Adding more regulations, rules and limitations without changing the current setup which leads an unnecessarily cluttered, complex work environment.
    A dead end with practically no opportunities for advancement
    No visible attempts to make employees feel like they or their voices hold any value

The last one is not a company con, but affects it negatively - work volume is likely shrinking due to computers getting cheaper which in turn leads to more frequent outright replacements rather than repairs.

No process in place!

Former Employee - Program Manager in Tewksbury, MA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Tewksbury, MA

I worked at Worldwide TechServices full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work remotely, no micro-managing from manager, great pay, benefits were ok, time-off policies were good and reasonable.

Cons

management does not discuss changes until the last minute. They do not do employee evaluations, so that means no raises. No room for personal growth, no formal training.

put processes in place, do employee reviews

6. Great until 2013

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer Level IV in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer Level IV in Austin, TX

I worked at Worldwide TechServices

Pros

Good work ethic, good benefits and family type atmosphere towards employees

Cons

Balancing time between normal working hours and home

Stop trying to micro manage something that can't be.

7. working at wwts

Former Employee - Field Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Field Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Worldwide TechServices full-time (less than a year)

Pros

flexible schedule, good pay, travel compensation

Cons

no medical benefits, no dental, supervisor lack of communications,

promotions, pay increase

8. this is what it is like

Former Employee - Field Technician Level I in Northern Beach, IN
    Former Employee - Field Technician Level I in Northern Beach, IN

I worked at Worldwide TechServices part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The opprtunity to work alone

Cons

High preasure job to repair factory warrenty computers,printers, t.v.s at owner's location

pay more

Pros and Cons

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Worldwide TechServices part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Being a worldwide tech is the right choice for you if
    - you are independent employee. you are able to manage yourself, your time, relationships with your customers, and learn on your own. If you are the kind of a person that all that you need from your employer to tell you what needs to be done, you can figure out how to do it on your own, and you don't want your manager to micromanage you, this is the right place for you
    - you are looking for a good entry level IT experience - technician job will give you customer service experience, computer hardware experience, troubleshooting experience, and sometimes a little bit of software experience in up to 5 fields: computers, servers, printers, TVs, medical devices. This looks great on resume when you apply for better jobs down the road
    - if you don't need a steady income, but like to have a lot of time for yourself - sometimes there is a lot of work, sometimes there isn't. when company doesn't get a lot of work you will work only a few hours a week, other times you will work up to 40 hrs a week. you schedule the daily job assignments by yourself. I was able to work for them through my whole college frequently meeting with customers between classes. once I graduated my resume was built and i got a great IT job elsewhere. They hire almost everyone part time. This is fantastic setup for a college student, for someone who has a small business on a side and is only looking for a supplemental income/resume builder. if you need time off, just tell your manager and they always approve it. you don't get paid when you are off, but you can have as much time off as you want

Cons

- majority of people get hired part time. you will not get any health insurance, or other benefits. on the other hand you can take as much unpaid time off as you want (if you are part time)
    - there is no room for career growth in this company, one manager frequently manages over 100 employees across many states and timezones. but that's ok for entry level IT job that just gives you experience to put on your resume

Moving from paying per job assignment to paying per hr wasn't the best decision. I quit after I was put in hourly full time position because I was so efficient that it took away 40% of my income, and because it would limit the amount of time i would be able to take off. If you offered me 1099 contractors deal, I would probably have stayed for a couple more years or longer while growing my own business on the side

Only The Bow Is Showing

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There really are no pros any longer. Unless you like ocean cruises where you think everything's OK but then you hit the big iceberg.

Cons

Sinking real fast. Better jump while you can. Actively looking myself elsewhere. The new management pillaged this company after the merger. Only a shell of what it used to be.

You never did invest in intelligent managers, because they and they alone are responsible for this sinking ship. I'd never choose to be around any of them in real like. That's what kind of people they are.

Good starting point, but you can do better!!!

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices

Pros

One of the things I like about working for this company, is how flexible my schedule is. As long as I get my calls updated properly before 10:30, I'm pretty much free to schedule them any time between 8 and 5. This is an ok job if your going to college or need to work less then 40 hrs per week.

Cons

The other people how wrote reviews here are not lying, there are some serious draw backs to working for WWTS!

First, at least 90% of their employees are part-time. You know what that means: no benefits.

Second, it is true that you have to use your own personal vehicle to run calls. I burned out the engine on my truck after a few months of working here, and I have put several thousand miles on my other car since then. They do not compensate you for wear-and-tear on your vehicle, and they will not pay you for the first 40 miles on every call. The 33 per mile they do pay will not even cover the cost to get to a location.

Finally, if your thinking about working for this company, do yourself a favor and keep looking! This is a job an entry level tech, and you could never support yourself on the $16 an hr pay (with no raises) they give you; it will all go on maintaining your vehicle.

Increase the amount of money your are paying us to run these calls, 33 cents an hour doesn't even cover the cost of going there. Also you should pay us for the whole trip, and not subtract the 40 miles!