Worldwide TechServices

Be The First To
Add Photos

Worldwide TechServices President & CEO Dov Horowitz

Dov Horowitz

Pros
  • The only pro I can think of is the flexible schedule (in 6 reviews)

• Very independent, almost work from home (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Was hired as a temp, but was told there was a strong opportunity to get hired full-time (in 8 reviews)

• Absolutely no benefits for part-time employees, which are at least 90% of the workforce (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Field Tech for Dell

ProsSteady employment for Field Tech

ConsLow pay rate and no benefits for part-time employment

Great company until Qualxserv merged with Bantec to become Worldwide TechServices.

Technician Associate (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsFree or Paid Training.
    Ability to set you own work schedule (to a degree).
    Work Independantly.

ConsLittle opportunity for advancement or promotion to full-time.

Absolutely no benefits for part-time employees, which are at least 90% of the workforce.

Pay for work performed went from a per call basis to hourly basis. In my case from 36.00/call to 14.00/hour.
    Typical service call lasted about 1-1.25 hours, so in essence, money made per call dropped from 36.00 to 20.00 (or less), and part-time employees were limited to 29 hours/week for a max of $406.00, which was typically close to half of what you were making before the said merger.

Although accepted as part of the job using your own vehicle, the amount of travel, in time and miles, was often very great, most of the time exceeding 200 miles/5 hours per day. Travel time did become included in the 29 hrs/week, but mileage reimbursement is/was still considered low at .33/mile.

Upper management was extremely demanding on lower management/technicians as everything seem to be about customer satisfaction survey numbers and the constant hounding to maintain those numbers at a satisfactory level, which in reality, is out of the hands of the service technician as his/her work may have been satisfactory/excelent but the customer gives bad scores due to other areas in the service repair process.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreater opportunity for advancement and a benefits package for part-time employees.

Increase in hourly pay rate to something that approaches what was being earned before the merger.

Smaller territory areas, when possible, to reduce the mileage/time traveled in a typical day, and an increase in mileage pay rate.

The ability to discern bad customer satisfaction survey scores that are result of other areas in the service repair process so that it will not reflect badly on the said technician or the region that he serves in.

It's ok as long as you have another part time job to get by.

Field Service Technician (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsPaid online training and setting your own hours with the customer

ConsThe level of pay is far below the level of work that's done. Don't worry about promotions..there aren't any that I've seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the techs what they are worth and consider promoting good techs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management chose wrong business model, now grasping at straws.

ProsNo boss with you daily.

ConsMinimal training, no promotions, laughable compensation and mileage reimbursement, management by edict without input from field. disaster in the making.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou would be wise to look up the meaning of "advice", after looking up the meaning of "wise".

Good part-time position not good for main job

Onsite Technician (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsLocal Supervisor really good. they are really flexible about your schedule and really work with you to make it work for the technician and the company. As long as your customers are satisfied and you have updated your calls by 10am Monday thru Friday you are in charge of your schedule.

ConsThe home office only cares about the bottom line. You can only get a maximum of 29 hours a week unless they are extremely busy. The hours go up and down depending on how many calls they get.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis advice is to upper management not direct supervisors. Remember that without the technicians in the field there would be no company. So while the bottom line is important it should not be the most important if you want the comopny to truly succeed.

How to destroy a company in 3 easy lessons

ProsA lot of time behind the windshield alone to thunk.

ConsA more perfect storm could not have happened by accident in destroying a company. 3 easy ways to deliberately take down an organization:
    1. Hostile takeover a company with management with total jerks.
    2. So thoroughly demoralize good workers that having good work ethics works against you.
    3. Pit cheap labor against fulltime labor, aggressively 'encourage' tenured employees to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook up the word 'duplicitous' in the dictionary. Your names are listed there.

Good part time job

Field Service Technician (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsPart-Time flexible scheduling, paid training, 401K eligible after 3 years

ConsNo gas reimbursement. Calls are infrequent.

Advice to Senior ManagementReimbursement is on gas and money for car would be good. Needs to improve calls scheduling and contracts with vendors

Decent experience and wages as a part time employee

Field Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsYou're your own boss. As long as you can handle situations properly and get your job done you almost never have to interact with management.

ConsThe systems for training and procedures could be much better. The wages aren't bad, but there's not a good systems set up for promotions and such.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training for employees and better systems in place to take care of internal systems issues would be helpful

Loved it the first few years!

Senior Field Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsCompany vehicle (for full time Hughes techs), work from home. Most tools and training provided. Benefits (pricing has skyrocketed! Almost double from start date) Direct customer contact by making your own appointments.

ConsWas great when I started almost 10 years ago, but since the Banctec buyout, it's been a downhill battle. Banctec bosses are taking over and driving the old Qualxserv to the grave. Experienced people leaving daily, some being replaced with parts monkeys unable to use a screw driver. Others not being replaced and pushing us to do more with less and no OT. No raises in 5 yrs, but benies doubled. Always a different excuse. One email says how there losing monies, next is how awesome things are! Make up your mind!

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the ones doing their job, pay them well! They are the ones lining your pockets! How about some upper, upper management communication? Not just a "thank you" note at Christmas. What happened to the bonuses? And why did they come from the managers? No wonder none were spread around..

Vey stressful

Computer Technician (Former Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsIf you don't need an income, work here.

ConsThey offered me a phone. Woopdeedoo..........

Advice to Senior ManagementStarted at $35.00 per call, Then went down $29.00, No expenses reembursed. (mileage only paid if over 35 miles to site, max 500 miles) No local office. The work load is awfull. Many days I would get no calls, but I need to make myself available to them every day. WTF. Then they went to a new pay structure, $14.00 an hour-only the hours you are actually on site. If I'm on site for 30 minutes they pay $7.00. At this point I quit. They justified this by paying mileage to the site and offering a free smart phone. Business expense is not income! What kind of people are they attracting at this wage?
    I was an experienced tech with consistently high customer reviews but also ashamed that I qualified for and using food stamps. The company culture is one of intimidation and fear Glad I left..
     56e73ad

Worked for Worldwide TechServices? Contribute to the Community!