Worldwide TechServices

Updated January 28, 2015
1.6

Worldwide TechServices President & CEO Dov Horowitz
Dov Horowitz

Pros
  • There is no pros to work for this company at all (in 6 reviews)

• The only pro I can think of is the flexible schedule (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no benefits for part-time employees, which are at least 90% of the workforce (in 11 reviews)

• Was hired as a temp, but was told there was a strong opportunity to get hired full-time (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

working at wwts

Former Employee - Field Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Field Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Worldwide TechServices full-time (less than a year)

Pros

flexible schedule, good pay, travel compensation

Cons

no medical benefits, no dental, supervisor lack of communications,

promotions, pay increase

Pros and Cons

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Worldwide TechServices part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Being a worldwide tech is the right choice for you if
    - you are independent employee. you are able to manage yourself, your time, relationships with your customers, and learn on your own. If you are the kind of a person that all that you need from your employer to tell you what needs to be done, you can figure out how to do it on your own, and you don't want your manager to micromanage you, this is the right place for you
    - you are looking for a good entry level IT experience - technician job will give you customer service experience, computer hardware experience, troubleshooting experience, and sometimes a little bit of software experience in up to 5 fields: computers, servers, printers, TVs, medical devices. This looks great on resume when you apply for better jobs down the road
    - if you don't need a steady income, but like to have a lot of time for yourself - sometimes there is a lot of work, sometimes there isn't. when company doesn't get a lot of work you will work only a few hours a week, other times you will work up to 40 hrs a week. you schedule the daily job assignments by yourself. I was able to work for them through my whole college frequently meeting with customers between classes. once I graduated my resume was built and i got a great IT job elsewhere. They hire almost everyone part time. This is fantastic setup for a college student, for someone who has a small business on a side and is only looking for a supplemental income/resume builder. if you need time off, just tell your manager and they always approve it. you don't get paid when you are off, but you can have as much time off as you want

Cons

- majority of people get hired part time. you will not get any health insurance, or other benefits. on the other hand you can take as much unpaid time off as you want (if you are part time)
    - there is no room for career growth in this company, one manager frequently manages over 100 employees across many states and timezones. but that's ok for entry level IT job that just gives you experience to put on your resume

Moving from paying per job assignment to paying per hr wasn't the best decision. I quit after I was put in hourly full time position because I was so efficient that it took away 40% of my income, and because it would limit the amount of time i would be able to take off. If you offered me 1099 contractors deal, I would probably have stayed for a couple more years or longer while growing my own business on the side

Only The Bow Is Showing

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There really are no pros any longer. Unless you like ocean cruises where you think everything's OK but then you hit the big iceberg.

Cons

Sinking real fast. Better jump while you can. Actively looking myself elsewhere. The new management pillaged this company after the merger. Only a shell of what it used to be.

You never did invest in intelligent managers, because they and they alone are responsible for this sinking ship. I'd never choose to be around any of them in real like. That's what kind of people they are.

Good starting point, but you can do better!!!

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices

Pros

One of the things I like about working for this company, is how flexible my schedule is. As long as I get my calls updated properly before 10:30, I'm pretty much free to schedule them any time between 8 and 5. This is an ok job if your going to college or need to work less then 40 hrs per week.

Cons

The other people how wrote reviews here are not lying, there are some serious draw backs to working for WWTS!

First, at least 90% of their employees are part-time. You know what that means: no benefits.

Second, it is true that you have to use your own personal vehicle to run calls. I burned out the engine on my truck after a few months of working here, and I have put several thousand miles on my other car since then. They do not compensate you for wear-and-tear on your vehicle, and they will not pay you for the first 40 miles on every call. The 33 per mile they do pay will not even cover the cost to get to a location.

Finally, if your thinking about working for this company, do yourself a favor and keep looking! This is a job an entry level tech, and you could never support yourself on the $16 an hr pay (with no raises) they give you; it will all go on maintaining your vehicle.

Increase the amount of money your are paying us to run these calls, 33 cents an hour doesn't even cover the cost of going there. Also you should pay us for the whole trip, and not subtract the 40 miles!

No vision for the future

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices

Pros

Good training program. Good people.

Cons

Lowball salary, no career advancement, no vision for the future. No respect for the workers.

Go to Google and search "Worldwide TechServices". The #2 result is Glassdoor where your rating is only 1.6 stars. Now think about what the executives at the OEM's are going to do when they are looking for a new service provider. When you treat your employees so badly that they publicly express their frustration with you, you can't just ignore it and expect your company to survive.

WWTS

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good Pay, better if you don't mind working all hours of the nights and weekends out in the weather

Cons

bad leadership, uncaring, misleading lost focus

remember who your best assets are.

Worldwide Techservices has great employees!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great mid level to tech level employees. They have a heart of gold and work their guts out.

Cons

Under-capitalized company which makes it hard to deliver services to customers.

Get some outside capital infused.

Field Service Technician

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Dallas, TX

I worked at Worldwide TechServices full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are no Pros for this company

Cons

You will be worked like a dog. You will be disrespected daily. You will be promised promotions that never come to fruition. You will be asked to use your vehicle until the wheels fall off with no compensation for same. Your managers as well as their managers ONLY care about themselves. Keep looking you DO NOT want to work for WWTS!

Ebola to you all!

A Political Party

I worked at Worldwide TechServices

Pros

Driving and seeing the scenery.

Cons

This company is all politics. You either have to be real good at keeping your mouth shut, or be a yes man to make management think you won't make waves. Cause if you do you're toast. That goes down to just breathing wrong. These managers that took over are really paranoid, and they protect their turf. A waste of time and effort.

Why waste good words.

Job Burnout

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the guys are nice to work with.

Cons

Been with this company 4 years now. I couldn't understand why I couldn't sleep, was always tired, job was totally depressing. So I do a lookup on Job Burnout and The Mayo Clinic listed a bunch of symptoms to look for. I had EVERY single symptom they list. Look for yourself. Google Mayo Clinic Job Burnout and you'll see them all. Of course the managers and HR could care less if your burnt out. I found out that you never call your manager and tell him stuff like this or your screwed. They wont give you calls for a long time. There's some other guys in the same boat but man dont let it be known your having problems with this job or your totally screwed. And for no reason a manager will just call you and start in yelling. It aint worth it anymore. Course you cant get insurance to see the doctor cuz it the company health plans premiums are too high. Like 4 years ago it was ok but a bunch of good managers left and now theres some real jerks.

You guys are total cold jerks.