Worldwide Vision

2.6

Jeffrey K. Minor

made me stronger

Former Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Worldwide Vision full-time (more than an year)

Pros

learned how to have a great work ethic and how to hustle
    great if you want to start a job asap...
    management can be lucrative

Cons

a lot of driving and was never really compensated for it
    churn and burn hiring and training process
    there is a 2 week delay on paychecks so even if you start quickly you don't see money very quickly. A lot of people quit before their first paycheck

the churn and burn, throw a bunch of sh!t to a wall and see what sticks approach to a business is a waste of time. Invest more into improving your employee retention rate. Be pickier with who you hire and invest more into taking care of those people. And especially help the account managers take better care of their trainees. The pay isn't great unless you are a superstar and you want us treating our new hires to breakfast and spending all the gas money driving people around.... that's silly.... management makes plenty of money to treat their account managers better and focus more on quality than quantity

Not at all what it seems to be

I worked at Worldwide Vision

Pros

Self motivation and helps you improve your attitude. Teaches you how to stay focused during bad days. Paid vacations once you are management.

Cons

No gas compensation, they "clawback" anytime your direct sales are not enough, you have to carpool and riders do not offer gas, you work overtime and are not paid for it, management knowingly makes you alter your time card, and they lie to you during the interview.

Be honest when you interview.

Smoke and mirrors followed by bait and switch

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Worldwide Vision full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the co workers were fantastic people, if the market conditions are good there can be some real earning potential as a manager.

Cons

I cant say enough in this section. Let me preface this review by saying most 1 star reviews are from ppl who failed in the company or were fired. My story is very different. I was in the top 10% nationally for sales and was sent to dallas for a top leaders meeting, I was selected out of an office of over 25 sales reps. My biggest issue is first and foremost flagrant dishonesty on behalf of the managers. They sell you this fantastic sales pitch in the interview and make you think you're special in getting the job. Truth: they literally hire anyone, and I mean anyone. Drunks, washouts, 18 year old kids from the hood, you name it. They have a meat grinder policy of if we can get a background passed they are good to roll and they throw ppl at it like the WW1 trenches and see what survives. 2 They tell you that there is base "salary". Truth: there is a base pay of 8.50 hour but with it put on the clawback you literally will never receive base pay. They say you only have to work 43 hours a week, in reality you work over 50-65 and if you dare claim more than 40 they will tell you that that means you are"no longer an asset and those types wont last very long." AKA if you claim your actual hours you are fired. Literally saw it happen before. Pretty sure this next part is illegal but literally 2-3 times a week you are told,"do not take your hour lunch, lunch should be 15 min tops, also you have to claim the hour on your time cards because its the law." It was so blatant it was shocking. With the clawback they will give you 350/w on your check but you are in reality digging a massive hole few ever escape. By the time most start producing you are close to 1k or more in the hole and its really hard to ever get out. None of this is disclosed by the managers. Its buried deep in the 50+ pages of documents you have to esign in the office on 1st day hire and given literally 5 min to look at. They dont want you to find it. The manager literally fired someone on their 1st day because they started asking about the salary and why it was not in the paperwork how it was explained in the interview. 3. "travel is figured into your base pay" truth: I kept a travel log for tax reasons and i was averaging 1100 miles a week......let that sink in. A WEEK. Never once was I compensated for gas. In my little 4 cylinder VW I was shelling out 140-200$ a week in gas, not to mention repairs. This is not an exaggeration. Plus you are required to shuttle the bums that have no vehicle that the managers decided to hire anyways, with no compensation of course. 4. Getting promoted to account manager is a big deal. Truth: you stick around long enough you get promoted, a promotion with no pay increase, a doubling of your responsibilities, and significantly increased uncompensated expenses. Not much of a promotion. They basically teach you how to mislead the new hires and the interviews, and that the best way to get ahead in the business is to deceive the customers without getting caught. You are exposed to the other managers around the company at this point and you start to realize that literally 9 out of 10 of them are managers bc they are border line sociopaths and a have made it to manager by lying bold faced to customers. They brag about it, its a badge of honor in the Smart Circle community. Oh World Wide Vision is an s-Corp for smart circle, Smart circle is a MLM(multi-level marketing) and a border line pyramid scheme. Not quite one but really close. The 1 in 10 who is honest is usually right market right time, more power to those folks, if they are honest I applaud them. The bad part is I could go on for another couple hundred words but I think the point is made. It was a stupid decision of me to leave my job to take this one but i am sorry to say I was tricked and when the red flags started going up I pushed them to the side. As soon as some of the bad or intentionally dishonest things came to light I started seeking other employment, eventually the dishonesty became more than I could stomach so for the 1st time in a decade I quite with out a replacement job lined up. If you are willing to deceive and sell your soul for the 1 in 100 chance you make it to management and make a living training others to deceive and make close to 6 figures then go for it. If you are looking for a real career and an honest job stay far far away.

Be honest. There is a market for honesty and treating employees with respect.

terrible experience

Former Employee - Client Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Client Representative in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Worldwide Vision full-time (less than an year)

Pros

it was good exercise, coworkers were nice, it made me stronger- i now feel like i can make it through anything

Cons

lots of driving, encouraged to work through break, low pay, have to pay back what you do not make in commission which is not made clear, no job security at all, too much walking

Pay is Low

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Worldwide Vision full-time

Pros

Good Money can be made once you are a manager with the company. There have been several people in which they have showed me good money. Be good at sales and its all commission based. The base pay is there but they take it back when you dont make enough sales for that weeks pay.

Cons

The company have claw-backs. This means they will advance you your base pay of $8.50hr if you do not make enough sales. The company does not make that clear immediately. The company also tells you with hard work you can reach management and this is where the real money is made. Worldwide is a huge operation in the smart circle enterprise. The other branches outside of worldwide does not have to put up with the politics that exist working here. Work life balance sucks too! they will try to get you to work more and convenience you its so you can make more money but the realization its so you can pay their bills

Tell people the base is considered an advancement and will be taken back when the rep makes more sales. Dont lie about your gas bonuses when people are driving over 1 hour away and keep the opportunity pure! Other offices in the company actually promote out successful manager that dont have to deal with 50% of the stuff that happens in this office!

Careers at Worldwide Vision

Current Employee - Client Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Client Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Worldwide Vision full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growth opportunities, Leadership positions, Full & Paid Training, Travel Opportunities, Leadership Conferences, All expense paid trips. I have worked with the company for almost 4 years and cannot say enough good things about the team environment and company culture.

Cons

A person must be motivated, enjoy a fast-paced environment, and enjoy managing themselves before they will be considered for a leadership position. Employees are given the opportunity to grow at their own pace and are developed and mentored into Executive Management Positions.

Love the Manager in Training Program. It gives a motivated individual the chance to progress into a management position from an entry level role in a short amount of time with proper training.

Great opportunity and Stellar training for those with no experience to break into D2C Sales and Marketing

Former Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Worldwide Vision full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Tons of opportunity for advancement - they promote 100% from within and encourace personal and professional growth. 1 on 1 mentoring and training both in classrom and field settings. Ongoing training from all directions. Very team oriented environment with great friendly competition. (how many places do you get to challenge your boss to a pie in the face on fridays?). Bonuses thrown out regularly for performance. Top leaders conferences are great for learning and networking.
     Working with Big brands and F500 Retailers on site on National promotional campaigns. No cold calling or door knocking. Six figure income opportunity at management. They are close to being if not already the #1 independent distributor for DirecTV. Each manager owns and gets incorporated to run their own office /it is their own business. Yearly trips and other perks for top producers.

Cons

Almost all advancement opportunity is in line with the national expansion which usually means moving to other cities - To each their own though, this was something I wasn't interested in but many people are open to
    Entry level pay isn't that great 30-50K OTE - but they aren't hiring people who want to stay at entry level. I certainly wasn't there to stay as a client rep. The training is supposed to outweigh the downside of the entry level pay.

More organized metrics tracking - monthly production etc, in addition to the weekly metrics. Also encourage this by creating a system of getting this information to the reps so they have better logs of their performance on a larger scale.

Fun atmosphere, great people, hard work is a must!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Worldwide Vision

Pros

I've been with the company a little over a year and it has been a great way to start my career outside of college. The people here are fantastic. So far, I've had the opportunity to travel domestically and internationally and have learned so much. Not only have I seen others advance, but I've advanced quickly myself.

Cons

There are high expectations as well as a great deal of responsibility. There is hard work involved, but you get back what you put in.

If you're afraid of hard work then this opportunity isn't for you.

eh

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Worldwide Vision full-time (less than an year)

Pros

excitement and open door to grow

Cons

long hours and unless you sell you make ONLY gas money because you drive A LOT...driving people without cars because they RARELY help with gas.

Not the Best

I have been working at Worldwide Vision

Pros

Great place if you are looking to work for a company with potential to move up fast. Honestly you can get this job and get moved up to a higher position (no extra benefits) within a 2 week period. It just requires longer hours and no pay increase for the time being. This company is a very POSITIVE company so they will do their very best to encourage you and try to work with you. They want everyone to move up to management ASAP. This requires hardwork and putting in a lot of time.

Please consider this job only if this is your last chance at a career opportunity.

Cons

Remember that you WILL be selling DirecTV services in retail stores such as Sams Club, Walmart and Best Buy.

You WILL have to DRIVE! Gas is not covered so you have to use your own money to drive to the different locations they assign you to go. Driving can range from Raleigh, Goldsboro, Fayetteville, Greenville, Rocky Mount, Brier Creek, Morrisvile, and etc.

You MAY have a chance to carpool but it is rare that these employees have cars and dont even think about them pitching in for gas money.

You WILL make minimum wage or commission. This is based off your sales. A lot of times you will likely make minimum wage unless you are really great at selling.

Please be aware you have to keep a positive attitude NO MATTER WHAT. There will be stores that get slower foot traffic than others so your chance at sells will be small depending what location you are placed.

You WILL be working 6 days a week and about 50 hours a week. That disregards unpaid meetings that are on Tuesday and Friday mornings.

Please do not expect them to tell you all of this in the interview because this was not covered.

Gas is expensive. Cover gas mileage at least or provide us with company cars if you want people to drive 1 hour out of their way to a store location you assign them to. If this is not possible then this needs to be discussed within the interview before people accept the position.

Worldwide Vision Photos

Worldwide Vision gives back to the community at a charity event on behalf of Worldwide Vision
Some of the guys at the office in our lobby.

+ Add Photo