WorleyParsons

WorleyParsons Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

WorleyParsons CEO Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Pros
  • Company promotes flex hours, every second friday off, and work-life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Good people to work with at the working level(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • A big company with big projects you can spend years stuck in mundane and boring work(in 7 reviews)

• Hiring & firing completely depend on billable hours, lack of long term planning(in 6 reviews)

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood leadership for interns - provides guidance

ConsVery big company - hard to connect with

Strong Global Company

ProsBroad expertise in Power, Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbons, Chemicals, Mining, and Environmental

ConsCompany does not have a strong and effective approach to market research and business development.

Advice to Senior ManagementDemonstrate appreciation for employee loyalty and success

Struggling to remain competitive

Business Development (Former Employee)

ProsGood people to work with at the working level.

ConsStruggling to find a path forward and remain competitive in today's market. Huge management change in last couple of years. Downsizing is cutting some of their best people.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to keep your most valuable and knowledgeable employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Always a learning curve to challenge yourself

Designer Associate (Current Employee) Arcadia, CA

ProsMulti-faceted company that allows growth within the company

ConsJob security because it is a project based company

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a positive environment for the younger generation

Nothing special

Administrative (Former Employee)

ProsMy co-workers were nice
    Conpensation was good

ConsCorportate sturcture- very hard to get answers out of anyone
    Poor job security- layoffs when there are no projects

I felt underutilized and was not comfortable with the work produced for the client.

Senior Technical Consultant - Project Engineer (Former Employee) Buckeye, AZ

ProsThe company has some interesting contracts. The compensation and benefits were top notch. And there were opportunities especially if you were willing to go overseas.

ConsWP worries more about their internal processes than the clients's wants or needs. I was embarrassed by the quality of work done for the customer. The contract I was involved with was as a customer's engineer. These were small projects ranging from a hundred thousand to several million dollars. The WP process was to run the projects like a 800 million dollar project.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet you're engineers work with the customers to provide the level of effort and extent of documentation that the custom feels is necessary. Look at the type of work being done for the client. A $200 K project should not be run like a $500 M project. The cost to the client is high with little or detrimental benefits and it runs their costs up and slows the response of the project. One size does not fit all.

Excellent Co.

Senior Elec Enge Long Beach Ca (Former Employee)

ProsMy bosses while I was there,treated me very good.We lost the job in Bakersfield Ca.not our fault

ConsThe opportunity to develop my experience applying the best of me.

Advice to Senior ManagementCurrently Bergaila and Associates are trying to get me back with you.Please give me a second chance.

Expeditor

ProsWP offers great salaries and great 401k

ConsSeems like WP gets out bid for new projects most of the time locally in Houston, so have to let good quality people go due to no work coming in.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more competitive

Avg Engineering company

Senior Supervising Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Pros4-10s. Get every Friday off. Work pace relaxed

Consnot a Process intensive company

Good enviroment to work in and wonderful learning ability

Instrumentation & Controls Intern (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgood place to work with friendly coworkers

Consslow to finish projects may it be site visit or anything else

Worked for WorleyParsons? Contribute to the Community!