Worthington Industries

Worthington Industries Chairman and CEO John P. McConnell

John P. McConnell

Finanical Analyst Intern

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

Pros-part time work during the school year
    -do actual work to help the company
    -learn an immense amount about corporate finance and the business world
    -everyone is friendly and willing to help
    -company is continuously growing

Cons-no orientation program to kick start interns or get introduced to other interns

Loved my time there!

Machine Operator (Former Employee) Aberdeen, MD

ProsGood people, Nice balance between work and life

ConsIts a mans world, women are not promoted as much as I would have liked to see.

Good place to work

Welder (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsStable Company
    Has a smaller company feel even though international
    Good benefits

ConsPay raises seem subjective
    Odd hours and shifts

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The TRUTH

Engineering (Current Employee)

ProsSTABLE COMPANY and Affordable Healthcare

ConsLack of Transparency, Communication and very covertly Political the company Lean approach is a extreme to the point any employee terminate they try to pull or fabricate the reason to be misconduct so the employee would not receive Unemployment.

Current employee are scared of new and younger employee's who bring new ideas. The old employee don't like or accept changes easy. Company often over work people in certain roles where there is no work and home balance at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be more Transparency

Great Company!

ProsThis is a company that really cares about the employees as people and not just a number. The benifits are really great too!

ConsSometimes communication can be a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be nice to have a bit more structure.

Good culture, great benefits and overall compensation.

ProsGood culture, great benefits and overall compensation.

ConsNo significant issues during employment.

Excellent company - treats people will. Great benefits. Firm believer of a fair days wage for a fair days work.

Manager, Quality Control and Technical Services (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsI would recommend employment at Worthington Industries to any of my friends for family members.

ConsThey live and die by numbers which can be skewed at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut down on the Micro-management and let the people (most important asset) do what needs to be done. That's the best way to build Trust.

Pffftttt

Engineering (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsIf you are a member of the Catholic church you can do well here.
    Unfortunately, many good people still work there. Fortunately, some still remember the founder and his principles. As is usually the case, it's too bad the acorn did not fall a little closer to the tree.

ConsIf you are not Catholic, do not waste your time here.

Advice to Senior ManagementAn employee need not be Catholic to be talented and worthy of promotion.

A great place to work. Solid value system that places emphasis on people.

Middle Management (Former Employee) Malvern, PA

ProsMy time working at a division of Worthington Industries was very satisfying. I spent approximately 14 years working with them, and had continious opportunity to develop professionally, and personally. I feel that their value system created an exceptional place to work, and I would recommend this company to any of my children who were looking for employment.

ConsSome of the divisions work long hours. This company is steeped in tradition, and at times it held back progress. From what I have heard, since my departure, WI has moved past this.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on the people and the Worthington Philosophy. This existing focus has created a great place to work which is somewhat unique today. .

Worthington taught me that you can treat the employees fairly and make a profit.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorthington is very innovative with their employee benefits

ConsNo real drawbacks to company.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to stick to the age old philosophy of the company

Worked for Worthington Industries? Contribute to the Community!