Wright & Filippis

Updated July 27, 2014
Updated July 27, 2014

2.4

Anthony J. Filippis, CPO

Pros

The experience and longevity of the company are a plus. The work is challenging and is often different each day.
    The company is very community minded. They care about their customers and giving them the best opportunities to return to life as it was before their health concerns or to make their life as comfortable as possible.

Cons

The priorities tend to change frequently and often the communication is slow to reach the satellite offices. The decision making process tends to move too slowly to be of benefit to the situation at hand.

Remember that without good staff the company will not succeed. Compensation and work/ life balance are essential to retaining good employees.

Interesting Place to work..

Pros

Objective of the company and how it started

Cons

Like most companies, al about the connections

Good experience

Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist  in  Rochester Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Rochester Hills, MI

Pros

Wanted to work in a different type of environment besides in a hospital. Learned a lot about providing Respiratory Therapy on a more personal level to patients at home.

Cons

Sometimes being on call after hours. Otherwise work was great

Keep up the good work

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not worth the stress this place gives you

Pros

Co Workers that feel the same way so you can release stress with them. The hours are ok.

Cons

401k used to be matched by the company. No longer. No more profit sharing. No more raises. Health insurance costs have gone sky high. Management at the different facilities set their own rules. There is office policy and procedure that is suppose to be for all branches, but its not. You try to abide by it, but the branches have power hungry leads that make their own rules. They preach teamwork, but at the end of the day, you are alone as the bus is running you over being driven by the management. I've seen patients threaten the well being of a csr. That patient should have been shown the door, but nope. That patient was serviced. No respect for the ones that do the work that keeps them in their positions. The company has spent thousands and thousands on a "LEAN" process that was put in place to make the facilities run more efficiently and profitable. Some facilities stopped doing it causing more of a cluster confusion with its staff. Again, management thinking they own they the company and can do what they want and disregard policy and procedure.

get rid of all current management and start with new that will adhere to the company's policies and procedures.
    Get involved with the branches and talk to the non management staff. Really see where this company is heading

Customer service

Pros

My pay check hasnt bounced, and I love my actule job

Cons

Everything else, benefits suck may be better off quiting and going on walefare
    management only cares about money , not patient care Dr.s up set and take out the lack of management on people who answer the phone , know training given and then get writen up when you make mistake , no way to fill grievance with out paying for it later.

Learn how to manage people, not everything is learned from a book

Decent company to work for

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

Very useful learning skills and software. Great people to work with. Pay and benefits are pretty good. Employees are recognized for their hard work.

Cons

Lack of training and poor communication. Full-time vacation hours do not accrue until after one year of employment.

Please provide more training for your new employees. Don't just throw them out there and watch them get up or sink. In the end, that only hurt the patients.

Overall my experience has been really good.

Current Employee - Office Manager  in  Portage, MI
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Portage, MI

Pros

The best part of my job is that I am able to help people. It is a great feeling when you know what you did for a patient just made their day.

Cons

The Medicare reimbursements have reduced so much that we cannot service patients we wished and hoped we could.

Keep your managers in the loop with any changes that are happening within the company.

Disappointed and Embarrassed to work for this "family".

Current Employee - Next to BE Laid Off  in  Hell, MI
    Current Employee - Next to BE Laid Off in Hell, MI

Pros

I still find myself more embarrassed everyday that I am a part of this mess. The only pro to this dwindling company is I get a paycheck... at least my last check was deposited successfully... waiting for the day it just doesn't show up.

Cons

Excessive work load. Poor management. No respect on any level, co-workers, managers to the executives. No raises No advancements. The few benefits that are left are the ones mandated by federal law. You are "awarded" with time off that you must beg and get past the guilt trip to use, then loose "awarded" time at the end of the year that you didn't take.

Pull your head out and get some sunshine. The air will do you good. This place is a joke and you have drove this company into a hostile and disgraceful place. You should all feel ashamed of yourselves. Shame.

Glad I was let go

Former Employee - H R  in  Rochester Hills, MI
    Former Employee - H R in Rochester Hills, MI

Pros

Nothing comes to mind other than the experience of working in a good niche industry

Cons

I was one of those write up for super-minor offense...so minor the offense was actually created. They came up with an offense that was laughable. I was in shock when they said that it was my last day due to this offense that had to deal with not picking up paper...I worked in H.R.! There is no H.R. over here. Don't blame H.R. as they have no real pull or say what-so-ever in helping to make the company strong and do right. I saw the ridiculous family favoritism, the rampant nepotism, the overlooking of obvious gone wrong company intertwining romances, you name it.

They won't listen anyway.

Fine on an office level, abysmal on a company level

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

Steady paycheck, stable hours (monday-friday, no weekends), occasional overtime if wanted, insurance benefits, coworkers are wonderful, free coffee. Can you tell I ran out of good things to say?

Cons

Training is terrible if not non-existent, huge learning curve, upper management is living in some fantasy land and completely out of touch with reality, the pay sucks, benefits suck, employees are completely unappreciated and it shows.

Upper management needs to sell off some of their vacation homes and recreational vehicles and come back from their overseas vacations and maybe take a look at what's really going on in their company. It's quite obvious to everyone working here that the employees are completely unappreciated and viewed as idiots. Can't do the job? Well that's ok, we'll hire someone off the street to do it for much less than we're paying you. It's really an employers' market, isn't it? The workload is unbelievable and every office is incredibly understaffed. There's no budget to hire more employees, but they will insist that you work massive amounts of overtime to compensate for their penny pinching. It is absolutely impossible to keep up with the amount of work there is on the skeleton crew that they keep.

Upper management has no clue how the business actually runs on a day-to-day basis. When it came time for layoffs and pay cuts, did anyone with the Filippis name take a pay cut? Not really. It was heard through the grapevine that someone acquired a new vacation home and then went on vacation in the middle of layoffs. It's really a shame, because the people that I work with in my particular office have really become my family. They're wonderful people to work with and I'm very glad I've had the opportunity to enjoy being with them.

Unfortunately, working at Wright & Filippis has become a joke. When you've always got the threat of layoffs looming in the distance, it's a little hard to stay motivated at your job. It's also hard to stay motivated to be constantly told that you're not doing enough, or you're not doing good enough. If you do 1000 things right, you will never be praised; do one thing wrong and you will be immediately notified of your wrongdoing. They took away their 401k contributions, employee appreciation weekend, and days off for your birthday. There are absolutely no perks or fringe benefits to working for this company, and I get the feeling that "your paycheck is your reward and if you don't like it go somewhere else". I feel I am very underpaid for the amount of work I have to do and what I need to know and how much I need to know to stay current. Everyone in my office is underpaid. Oh and let's not forget: favoritism abounds at this company. Get friendly with upper management and you'll get rewarded in some way or another.

They're closing more and more offices every day, they've sold off parts of the company (which to be fair, some were necessary due to changing insurance regulations and reimbursement) and basically everyone I know who works here is riding it out until they: get laid off, close our office, or the company just goes completely under. This is a company with some of the worst run management I've ever seen. No communication, and too many chefs in the kitchen. Very sad.

Worked for Wright & Filippis? Contribute to the Community!