Wrigley Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated September 3, 2014
4.2

Wrigley President Martin Radvan
Martin Radvan

Pros
  • You can have great work-life balance there (in 11 reviews)

• Great benefits, great products, and fantastic brand recognition (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • They paid the interns well and had a great work life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Open office culture and some what undefined career pathing can be a challenge (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

50 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great perks!

Current Employee - Administrative  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wrigley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Candy candy candy, lots of great opportunities for growth and development in a fun environment!

Cons

Top of the line thought management here, competitive, sharp upper level management, best practices in the industry

Continue to demonstrate your work life balance

World class experience. I should know. I have worked in 3 continents.

Current Employee - Shevling and Space Analyst  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Shevling and Space Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wrigley full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong teamwork. No hard questions are left un-asked and un-answered.

Cons

A shade too lean at this time in my opinion.

Keep up the great work!

Graphic Design at Wrigley

Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Wrigley full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Old and very wealthy company. Incredible benefits.

Cons

Management of the Global Branding department of which I was a part was sadly almost comical in their ineptitude. They had no idea how to manage a group of creative professionals, and in the end everyone paid for their ignorance. Everyone save one of those managers who somehow managed to stay with the company when the rest of the department was sacked!

No advice. I have given them enough of my time. They had a great team that did successful work with a global reach, and they fired everyone in order to better position the company for it's eventual sale. What kind of advice would you give a company like that?

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, uncertain future

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Wrigley full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people at Wrigley are great - effective, open, and very 'normal'. This is helped out by the open office plan - which isn't for everyone, but for those that can manage it is very level. Management truly cares about associates and wants to ensure that everyone develops and progresses.

Cons

The current business plan isn't working, despite several changes to senior management and strategy. Investment was reduced in the category once Wrigley was purchased, and gum ain't healthy today. This has a depressive impact on both compensation and internal morale given the once high-flying growth.

Great company, still have room for improvement.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wrigley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work-life balance, company values are strong, and employee development is made a priority. Senior leaders seem to be making positive changes in the work environment.

Cons

Opportunities for improvement in communication across the functions. Some leaders are not held accountable for lack of employee engagement/development.

Continue to share strategic plans when possible to keep employees engaged.

What could be better than getting paid to talk about gum and candy?!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wrigley full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company cares a lot about people development and training. Associates are given a lot more responsibility and autonomy to make decisions compared to other companies I have worked in. The people here are SMART and fun to work with and for. Did I mentioned we work on amazing brands?

Cons

We tend to re-organize more than other companies in order to meet changing needs and demands. If you are not comfortable with change/ambiguity, this might not be the culture for you.

Prioritze more! We are often working on too much at one time, diluting its potential impact.

A bit of an ol' boy network in place.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wrigley full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Challenging projects that provide useful experiences, and cross-functional teams were very engaged, very willing to help and good to work with overall

Cons

If one person in a sr. position decides they don't like you, somehow you are pegged by others in sr. positions as well. This is an issue if you may have had one bad experience, as it will seem to follow you through your time at the organization.

Look at your employees on their individual merit and don't rely on your executive peers to type people as "good" or "not so good" and subsequently treat people as such when that has not been your own individual experience with them.

Great place to develop and make an impact to the business

Current Employee - P&O Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - P&O Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wrigley full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very collaborative culture where you can make an immediate impact. Leaders do not get hung up on tenure or title when it comes to ideation. You have the opportunity to develop your skills, build your career, and chart your long term path....and will be supported. Combined with the larger Mars, Inc organization, opportunties are there if you have the knowledge, skills, and abilities.

Cons

Open office culture can be challenging for some, but I love it!

Over communicate. I have never heard anyone complain that they received too much information about short and long term plans, our path to success, etc.

Wrigley is full of great people and has a culture that enables a great work/life balance.

Current Employee - Category Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Category Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wrigley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wrigley is an extremely collaborative company. The open office environment truly enables team work. Hard work is ingrained in the culture and with brands that have been around for 100 years there is a tradition to uphold. The leadership truly believes in their employees and empowers them to succeed.

Cons

One drawback is the there is limited training for new roles. The expectation is to jump right in. The other challenge is we are currently going through a category turnaround on gum.

Continue to empower your people and trust they are doing the best job in the current environment.

Intern

Former Employee - Inter  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Inter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Wrigley as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great people and location. As an intern I was provided a great opportunity to own the projects I was assigned. Half day Fridays during the summer was fantastic.

Cons

I cannot mention any negatives about my experience with Wrigley. They paid the interns well and had a great work life balance.

Keep innovation as a pillar of opperation.

Wrigley Photos

Global Innovation Center
Wrigley Office
Wrigley River North Office

+ Add Photo

Worked for Wrigley? Contribute to the Community!