Wrigley Reviews

Martin Radvan

1. Nice company

Former Intern - Engineering Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Engineering Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Wrigley as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

-Nice people to work with

Cons

-Not always focused on work.

2. Excellent Employer

Current Employee - Associate Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wrigley

Pros

It is easy to focus on your development with the different tools it has. It is becoming more strategic each day and it is easier to impact the business and the results.

Cons

Often a lot of time it is spent in meetings that are not as efficient. There is lack of comfort with honest confrontation so a lot of alignment needs to happen behind the scene which is time consuming.

3. Strong career opportunities & company values

Current Employee - GLDP - Wrigley Sourcing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - GLDP - Wrigley Sourcing Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wrigley full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- As part of the GLDP program, career opportunities available are very broad. Cross-functional and cross-segment experiences within the company are highly valued.
    - The company's 5 principles are alive in the decision making process of associates. They are the common thread between different functions and segments.
    - Work life balance is excellent. Each employee is resposible for delivering a high performance while managing their schedule.

Cons

- Brand awareness of Mars (and each of its segments) as a great place to work has not reached its pottential. The private nature of the company contributes to this matter.
    - For GLDP candidates, geographical mobility can be challenging since the program truly requires flexibility in this aspect.

Wrigley- Chicago, IL

Current Employee - Packaging Buyer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Packaging Buyer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wrigley full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I recently joined the Wrigley Packaging Procurement function for North America. I have nothing but great things to say about the company so far. The office has open seating which allows for the ability to work closely and efficiently within your team. The culture is fun, collaborative, and definitely values a balance between working hard, but taking time for family. Wrigley pays it's associates very competitively relative to other CPG companies. There is a cafeteria, discounted gym membership available, discounted parking available to use which are major perks.

Cons

So far, I have had a fantastic onboarding process with Wrigley. I have nothing bad to say about the company. I feel like I have all the tools I need to be successful and have a great understanding of my role and responsibility. Wrigley focuses a lot on engaging associates and making sure everyone is happy to come to work each day. The only negative I can think of is the cafeteria has limited options so it gets repetitive, however, there are food trucks outside the building on a daily basis to mix it up.

6. Has always been a great company

Former Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I worked at Wrigley full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wrigley is a great company with great, reliable products, strong market position and loyal employees. It is a solid bet if you are looking for a long-term career with growth potential. Work life balance is important and the pay and benefits are competitive. Plus, it's the gum & candy business and that's just fun.

Cons

Wrigley is an old, tradition focused company. Things don't happen quickly and decisions require consensus building. If you are looking for an exciting, fast pace environment, this company is not a good choice.

7. Great perks!

Current Employee - Administrative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wrigley full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Candy candy candy, lots of great opportunities for growth and development in a fun environment!

Cons

Top of the line thought management here, competitive, sharp upper level management, best practices in the industry

Continue to demonstrate your work life balance

8. World class experience. I should know. I have worked in 3 continents.

Current Employee - Shevling and Space Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Shevling and Space Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wrigley full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Strong teamwork. No hard questions are left un-asked and un-answered.

Cons

A shade too lean at this time in my opinion.

Keep up the great work!

9. Graphic Design at Wrigley

Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Wrigley full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Old and very wealthy company. Incredible benefits.

Cons

Management of the Global Branding department of which I was a part was sadly almost comical in their ineptitude. They had no idea how to manage a group of creative professionals, and in the end everyone paid for their ignorance. Everyone save one of those managers who somehow managed to stay with the company when the rest of the department was sacked!

No advice. I have given them enough of my time. They had a great team that did successful work with a global reach, and they fired everyone in order to better position the company for it's eventual sale. What kind of advice would you give a company like that?

10. Great people, uncertain future

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Wrigley full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people at Wrigley are great - effective, open, and very 'normal'. This is helped out by the open office plan - which isn't for everyone, but for those that can manage it is very level. Management truly cares about associates and wants to ensure that everyone develops and progresses.

Cons

The current business plan isn't working, despite several changes to senior management and strategy. Investment was reduced in the category once Wrigley was purchased, and gum ain't healthy today. This has a depressive impact on both compensation and internal morale given the once high-flying growth.

11. Great company, still have room for improvement.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wrigley full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance, company values are strong, and employee development is made a priority. Senior leaders seem to be making positive changes in the work environment.

Cons

Opportunities for improvement in communication across the functions. Some leaders are not held accountable for lack of employee engagement/development.

Continue to share strategic plans when possible to keep employees engaged.

Wrigley Photos