Wurth USA

Wurth USA Reviews

Updated May 29, 2014

Michael Krause

Territory Sales Manager

Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsLots of training to become familiar with the vast product line and to improve sales techniques. New products constantly being developed. Assigned, grandfathered territory with no overlapping.

ConsCommission structure makes it difficult to improve pay once at a certain level. Turnover in management is non-stop. Excellent product line, but price of comparable competing brands are lower.

alot of work .....negative rewards

Territory Manager (Current Employee)
    Lakeland, FL

Prosgreat training, interesting diverse customer base, ability to grow territory, some good loyal customers superior product and reputation, creative and new products.

Consmega hours after being on the road all day, over micro managing of reps by district mgr., non-competitive, pricing strategies, over saturated product market, highest turn over in a sales force I've ever seen. Questionable commision and bonus structure, always changing . Alot of miles on your own vehicle, no laptop, no cell phone. At the end of the year you break even.

Advice to Senior Managementreduce turn over, stop the "beat down " of your sales force, re-align territories so reps can make a living without fear of being canned after a year, make it so the sales person is set up to win. Each market is a different animal. Treat it that way. Lower or change your expectations to REAL ones and the turn over will be reduced and you will create more time helping reps make money instead of always reviewing them and beating them "down".

Great!

QA Tester (Current Employee)
    Ramsey, NJ

ProsFriendly team members and helpful!

ConsLess documentation; so that I have to ask always to do the work...

Advice to Senior Managementnone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Reviews are slighted

Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFreedom would be the best word to use. As a territory manager you had better be careful here though, daily and monthly goal had better be met.

ConsCorporate manages by fear, and intimidation. Including these reviews here. The only reason there are any recent positive reviews documented are a direct result of corporate intimidation via requests to submit. Re write history if you may.

Advice to Senior ManagementComplete revamp. New RM's. Complete revamp of the payplan, and benefit structure. It is a disaster.

Wurth USA Sales Recruiter responded to this review May 7, 2014 EditDelete
    It is unfortunate that Glassdoor allows such false statements to be held on their website. The type of environment described is not one that would be tolerated at this organization. Our mission and ... More

Success is rewarded!

ProsI've had great success at Wurth. This is because of the many programs and support the company provides. Not only for the employees but also for the customers. Which is why we are unparalleled in this industry! Ultimately, as with anything in life, you get out of this job what you put into it. With hard work and motivation, you will find success! Their is freedom to truly blossom as a sales rep!

ConsWe have such a huge range of products, it's challenging to keep up with them all. It's also exciting to always have something new to offer our clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue seeking out self motivated individuals that will be an asset to our team. Look for those that can give a positive contribution...

Wurth USA Sales Recruiter responded to this review May 7, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for sharing your positive experience! We know this to be how the majority of Würth USA employees feel. By far, our employees are our most valued resource and we are grateful for the ... More

The reviews have it right.

ProsI would have to say very little here. Probably quality product. But, that is only as a result of the parent company. If they could cheapen it they would.

ConsNo field support. Nothing supplied in the way of electronics. Laptop, cell, printer. It's all on us. Pay an is a complete sham.

Advice to Senior ManagementPayplan overhaul. Look at what you are paying salespeople. Really LOOK at it. Not pie in the sky, but real payroll.

Great Company, Fun Career, Best Products On The Market

District Manager (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsI love working for this company, we have the best products on the market. Customers think of Wurth and they think of quality. The training is structured and consistent, and I can call any of my colleagues for help at any time. Our benefits are among the best in the industry. We are starting to become a known brand with our partnership with Penske Racing and being affiliated with NASCAR.

ConsWe are continuing to bring in new products, and continuing to hire more people, I wish we could do it faster. We are growing!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep cultivating Territory Sales Managers into other opportunities. It truly is the best way for us to continue to grow.

Wurth USA Sales Recruiter responded to this review May 7, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for the great feedback! We are always looking at traditional and innovative alternatives fostering the development and growth of our sales team.

Endless career opportunities exist here

District Key Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsIf you are a take ownership type of person there are tremendous opportunities available to you. I have all the support from my immediate supervisors and all of the support staff at the corporate office. I am not micro managed buy supported which is an environment I can thrive in.

ConsIn the beginning you will put significant hours into learning the business, the paperwork, the routing etc.. It is what you will have to do initially to get more familiar with the product, services and systems. There can be some frustrations in regards to out of stocks and back orders in the warehouse, pricing system delays, and items selected incorrectly in the warehouse that do occur. I know the company is working on those issues. Not unlike many other companies that experience what I call growing pains.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to have more communication with buyers, customer service, special orders, to assist in rectifying issues before they become more painful in the field.

My experience at Wurth Usa has been very sucessful.

Territory Manager (Current Employee)
    Andrews, TX

ProsThe company shows appreciation for your hard work. The pay plan & policies are very fair. We have the opportunity to create our own success. They give us ample training & support to be successful.

ConsWe are working away from the office so we don't get the personal touch & have to rely on emails for communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep showing apperciation because it helps our attitude out in the field.

Best career choice ever.

District Manager (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsIf you are a REAL salesperson, self motivated and only want to sell the best, Wurth is the only choice. Wurth USA is part of much larger company; Wurth Group. We have the best products, best training and the best reputation in the industry. This career is like any other sales job: the more you sell the more you make. It's that simple.

ConsI see the bad comments people write about our company, but I am here to tell you, if you are lazy, or are not self motivated to be the best and are just looking for a hand out, this is not the company for you. So if you are not making the money you want to make, get up earlier, stay out later and just sell more. Quit whining.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only suggestion is we find a way to screen lazy people out of our hiring process.

Worked for Wurth USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wurth USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wurth USA CEO Michael Krause. All 45 reviews posted anonymously by Wurth USA employees.