Wurth USA Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
2.4

Pros
  • The company has a great brand so you have that going for you when your out there selling, and the products are pretty good as well (in 3 reviews)

• Best products and best product reputation in the business (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • And it will be one of those endeavor's that you may look back on and realize that you did not make any money (in 4 reviews)

• While Wurth has a diverse and unique product line, sometimes I wish that we would the first to market with some ideas or products / services (in 2 reviews)

1. Opportunity

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Wurth USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I will always like Wurth USA because it gave me opportunities no other company was willing to give me early in my working career. Being new in the marketplace and the industry Wurth helped me by coaching and training. they also allowed me to fail but were right behind me to help me back up. Eight years later I have become very happy and successful in my career.

Cons

Like any job there are always way for the company to improve in my eyes. But these are just my opinions. Right now there is great leadership in place to make this a place to finish up my career.

LAUGHABLE , WASTE OF TIME !!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Wurth USA

Pros

There really arent any... You get a cheap car and a fleet card!... At least in Canada
    Sorry for the American "Team" Members

Cons

Hmmm, dont know where to even begin.
    All the negative reviews are virtually 99% correct!
    Ive never worked with such ignorant and obtuse upper management network of people in my life.
    This is a company in a major downward spiral and they have no clue on how to fix it ..... Their answer is to keep adding new customers... Let the exsisting suffer with unstable management of there accounts by a useless and ineffective business structure and protocol !
    Thousands of inactive customers are inactive for the most part because of the outdated system of growth and splitting of territories due to greed for management in Germany. They are the only ones who benefit ... The customers lose... The reps leave .

Advice to Management

Fire most of them, wake up and smell the coffee!! Your NOT trailblasing new geography anymore !!restructure your business to take care of the customers you have... Pay more base $$....
    - righhhhht !!

3. manager

I worked at Wurth USA

Pros

work hard and move up in the company

Cons

letting non performers hang on too long

Think carefully...

I worked at Wurth USA full-time

Pros

The HR department and Office Managers try their best to do things to boost company morale and put in the extra effort. The customers are awesome people who appreciate the smallest things.

Cons

So many egos in this place... it's a frat house.
    Everyone tries to out do each other to be the 'cool' one when really most of the internal managers are blaming sales and any other department for any issues that may make them look bad. No one takes responsibility for anything and you definitely have to pick a side or you'll be quickly voted out.
    Strangest environment I've ever worked in.
    Obvious favoritism and tons of judgement.
    Play by your department's rules or they will make you miserable.

Advice to Management

Stop preaching and placing blame wherever you can.
    It's a time environment, no one department makes the company stay afloat.
    Everyone should learn to work together better.

Not for the faint of heart

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Wurth USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Like most sale positions, your earnings are uncapped. You have the ability to work a flexible schedule if you are lazy or have a poor work ethic or unmotivated. Management leaves you alone if you do decent numbers. Best products and best product reputation in the business. They have a lot of tools in order to help you succeed.

Cons

I have been a territory sales manager or whatever they want to call me now for the last 3.5 years. I am decently successful here. I would accept a new sales position in a minute if and when I find the right one.

Every word I say is true. Management was told to post positive reviews on here and then the recruiter will comment on it. The reason I am posting a review on here was the comment by the recruiter and I quote, "It is unfortunate that Glassdoor allows such false statements to be held on their website. The type of environment described is not one that would be tolerated at this organization. Our mission and values support teamwork, customer satisfaction, quality, integrity and other healthy conditions" EVERY WORD OF THAT REVIEW IS TRUE. I have not read one negative review that is off. There is even a website for former Wurth sales reps to complain about Wurth.

The facts are thus, in the 3.5 years I have been here about 375 new reps have been hired. That is a fact. Most leave when their guarantee is up and they realize they can not make the amount of money the managers told them they could make.

The pay scale is geared towards growth. Once you stop growing, you will take a pay cut. Meaning, once you grow your territory to a certain level and level off, your bonus money goes away. Meaning, at the beginning of the new calendar year when you get your new daily baseline number and you keep selling the same amount, you will make less money if you do not grow. ALL seasoned reps hate the new pay plans, because it is not easy to get bonuses and they are have to sell more to make the same amount. Yes, you read that right. Most will sell more at the same exact pricing or higher and will make less or the same money.

Wurth is bar none the highest priced in the industry. I routinely come across competitors that are selling very similar products for half or less than my lowest pricing. The national account people are really bad at their jobs. There are many accounts, me as a local rep, have zero chance to get, because of the company's corporate structure. National account people do pretty much nothing to help open these accounts up.

If you are interviewing ask how many sales reps have worked your area in the last 5 years. Many of the areas with a high turnover, dealers will have a stack of Wurth rep cards in their shop. For sure, you will have at least 25 customers that were screwed by past reps trying to earn a living and forever ruined the relationship between them and Wurth.

We have a new ceo after the last one "left". I honestly can't tell if the guy is working or not. He must be waiting until next year to do anything. Nothing has changed at all since he arrived a few months ago. I have to wonder how he got the job. Seems like he did not come in with a plan. 2 company wide emails in 3 or 4 months and he has not been seen at any company function such as races.

You do not get paid vacations. They sorta lie about this. You do get paid when you are on vacation, because you are getting paid what you earned in sales last month, but next month is a different story. If you do not make up the sales you did not make while on vacation, you will get paid less. Vacations and sick days are more like excused absences.

I can go into a much of other things, but seriously this job is not easy, not the best paying one and chances are you are not going to last more then 2 years.

Advice to Management

Seriously, stop all the games you play on here and figure out why you have to hire 120 new reps a year. That is about 25% of your sales staff yearly. At some point you need to figure out what you are doing wrong, because some of the things you say are flat out lies. You need to seriously lower your expenses and get in line with our competitions pricing. I hope the new CEO does not allow the same mistake of the former CEO by not valuing the sales staff. I am not saying all the reps do not deserve the criticism, but most of us are not happy about the pay plan and are not motivated at all. Stop these stupid prize contests. WE WANT OUR MONEY! NOT PRIZES! Do a better job at training. The catalog is horrible. I know you think it is very informative, but it really is not. Tell Academy to get their butt in gear and talk with whomever designs the catalog pages and let them give input. We are not nearly the experts we should be and Wurth's weak training is to blame. Education does not stop once level 2 and 4 is over and I can only learn so much from techs. I need Wurth to explain to the reps how the Wurth products work better. Everyone should have a basic understanding of what all these chemicals (not the products, but the actual chemicals) do. Lastly, why do you even bother to have us get all these forms filled out and then signed off by two managers only to have them thrown in the trash once they are entered. Such a waste of time for all.

Oct 27, 2014Sales Recruiter

Although we will generally refrain from responding to negative or outright false reviews, we feel it’s important to remind readers that Glassdoor is simply a forum for disgruntled or terminated ... More

Excellent company for those who can appreciate long term success

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Nassau, NY
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Nassau, NY

I have been working at Wurth USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love the corporate culture and the people that I work with. I am a field rep and enjoy the freedoms of working hard and creating my own destiny. I don't consider this to be a job, but more like a business that you run and pays you based on your efforts. (Minimum work = Minimum Pay / Maximum work = maximum pay) This is a company that wants to see you succeed and will invest in training you in many areas of sales. Today after 9 years of employment, I am consistently in the 50 sales reps in the United States. I enjoy riding a company car. Most of my customers wonder why I am always so happy and smiling. When you love your job, that's what happens!

Cons

While Wurth has a diverse and unique product line, sometimes I wish that we would the first to market with some ideas or products / services.

Advice to Management

Let's secure new products or ideas before our competitors do.

Sep 18, 2014Sales Recruiter

Its team members like you that drive the success of our company and you are appreciated! Your comments made me think of one of my favorite quotes. “Continuous effort- not strength or intelligence ... More

Manage your own business with someone else's money!

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Wurth USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Wurth since 2003. I have had a lot of success. The only stress I have ever had is hitting my numbers and handling a customer complaint. The first is real easy to overcome. If you work the program and a full day you will succeed. Second, most of the complaints are due to shipping errors by either myself or the warehouse...all you need to do to resolve problem is process the return and make the customer happy. All companies have their problems, but Wurth has less than any other company I have worked for in the last 30 yrs! Lots of growth opportunities within the company. Lots of training.

Cons

Pay plan is good but a little confusing.

Advice to Management

Make the pay plan easier to figure out our income.

Sep 18, 2014Sales Recruiter

Thank you for your comments! Your success obviously comes from taking ownership of your territory and treating it like your own business. We agree, no company is perfect and there is bound to be a ... More

Hard work and commitment pays off

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wurth USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Unlike other sales companies that make you a 10-99 employee (have to pay for own insurance, expenses), at wurth you are employed by them.
    Company vehicle is available if you can maintain sales (which is quite easy if you put some effort into it).
    Tablets are now used in the field which cuts down any after hours work.
    If you are willing to put 100% in this sales role and are to a certain extent self sufficient, then your pay will increase quite nicely.
    I find it funny that people complain about low pay, these are usually the ones that only want to work a couple hours a day, and they get found out pretty quickly.
    If you worked in an office environment you have to work a full 8 hour day, this sales role shouldn't be any different.
    Management is very supportive, and for the most part, will do what they possibly can to ensure you are happy and successful

Cons

We need to be more proactive with national accounts.

Aug 14, 2014Sales Recruiter

We are so grateful that you took the time to share your positive experience! We couldn’t agree with you more that the team members who put in consistent effort are successful and well rewarded for ... More

alot of work .....negative rewards

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Wurth USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great training, interesting diverse customer base, ability to grow territory, some good loyal customers superior product and reputation, creative and new products.

Cons

mega hours after being on the road all day, over micro managing of reps by district mgr., non-competitive, pricing strategies, over saturated product market, highest turn over in a sales force I've ever seen. Questionable commision and bonus structure, always changing . Alot of miles on your own vehicle, no laptop, no cell phone. At the end of the year you break even.

Advice to Management

reduce turn over, stop the "beat down " of your sales force, re-align territories so reps can make a living without fear of being canned after a year, make it so the sales person is set up to win. Each market is a different animal. Treat it that way. Lower or change your expectations to REAL ones and the turn over will be reduced and you will create more time helping reps make money instead of always reviewing them and beating them "down".

Territory Sales Manager

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager

I worked at Wurth USA full-time

Pros

Lots of training to become familiar with the vast product line and to improve sales techniques. New products constantly being developed. Assigned, grandfathered territory with no overlapping.

Cons

Commission structure makes it difficult to improve pay once at a certain level. Turnover in management is non-stop. Excellent product line, but price of comparable competing brands are lower.

RSS Feed </> Embed