Wurth USA Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014
2.5

1 Rating

Excellent company for those who can appreciate long term success

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager  in  Nassau, NY
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Nassau, NY

I have been working at Wurth USA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I love the corporate culture and the people that I work with. I am a field rep and enjoy the freedoms of working hard and creating my own destiny. I don't consider this to be a job, but more like a business that you run and pays you based on your efforts. (Minimum work = Minimum Pay / Maximum work = maximum pay) This is a company that wants to see you succeed and will invest in training you in many areas of sales. Today after 9 years of employment, I am consistently in the 50 sales reps in the United States. I enjoy riding a company car. Most of my customers wonder why I am always so happy and smiling. When you love your job, that's what happens!

Cons

While Wurth has a diverse and unique product line, sometimes I wish that we would the first to market with some ideas or products / services.

Let's secure new products or ideas before our competitors do.

Sep 18, 2014Sales Recruiter

Its team members like you that drive the success of our company and you are appreciated! Your comments made me think of one of my favorite quotes. “Continuous effort- not strength or intelligence ... More

Manage your own business with someone else's money!

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Wurth USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with Wurth since 2003. I have had a lot of success. The only stress I have ever had is hitting my numbers and handling a customer complaint. The first is real easy to overcome. If you work the program and a full day you will succeed. Second, most of the complaints are due to shipping errors by either myself or the warehouse...all you need to do to resolve problem is process the return and make the customer happy. All companies have their problems, but Wurth has less than any other company I have worked for in the last 30 yrs! Lots of growth opportunities within the company. Lots of training.

Cons

Pay plan is good but a little confusing.

Make the pay plan easier to figure out our income.

Sep 18, 2014Sales Recruiter

Thank you for your comments! Your success obviously comes from taking ownership of your territory and treating it like your own business. We agree, no company is perfect and there is bound to be a ... More

Hard work and commitment pays off

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wurth USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Unlike other sales companies that make you a 10-99 employee (have to pay for own insurance, expenses), at wurth you are employed by them.
    Company vehicle is available if you can maintain sales (which is quite easy if you put some effort into it).
    Tablets are now used in the field which cuts down any after hours work.
    If you are willing to put 100% in this sales role and are to a certain extent self sufficient, then your pay will increase quite nicely.
    I find it funny that people complain about low pay, these are usually the ones that only want to work a couple hours a day, and they get found out pretty quickly.
    If you worked in an office environment you have to work a full 8 hour day, this sales role shouldn't be any different.
    Management is very supportive, and for the most part, will do what they possibly can to ensure you are happy and successful

Cons

We need to be more proactive with national accounts.

Aug 14, 2014Sales Recruiter

We are so grateful that you took the time to share your positive experience! We couldn’t agree with you more that the team members who put in consistent effort are successful and well rewarded for ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

alot of work .....negative rewards

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Wurth USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

great training, interesting diverse customer base, ability to grow territory, some good loyal customers superior product and reputation, creative and new products.

Cons

mega hours after being on the road all day, over micro managing of reps by district mgr., non-competitive, pricing strategies, over saturated product market, highest turn over in a sales force I've ever seen. Questionable commision and bonus structure, always changing . Alot of miles on your own vehicle, no laptop, no cell phone. At the end of the year you break even.

reduce turn over, stop the "beat down " of your sales force, re-align territories so reps can make a living without fear of being canned after a year, make it so the sales person is set up to win. Each market is a different animal. Treat it that way. Lower or change your expectations to REAL ones and the turn over will be reduced and you will create more time helping reps make money instead of always reviewing them and beating them "down".

Territory Sales Manager

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager

I worked at Wurth USA full-time

Pros

Lots of training to become familiar with the vast product line and to improve sales techniques. New products constantly being developed. Assigned, grandfathered territory with no overlapping.

Cons

Commission structure makes it difficult to improve pay once at a certain level. Turnover in management is non-stop. Excellent product line, but price of comparable competing brands are lower.

The Reviews are slighted

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager

I have been working at Wurth USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Freedom would be the best word to use. As a territory manager you had better be careful here though, daily and monthly goal had better be met.

Cons

Corporate manages by fear, and intimidation. Including these reviews here. The only reason there are any recent positive reviews documented are a direct result of corporate intimidation via requests to submit. Re write history if you may.

Complete revamp. New RM's. Complete revamp of the payplan, and benefit structure. It is a disaster.

May 7, 2014Sales Recruiter

It is unfortunate that Glassdoor allows such false statements to be held on their website. The type of environment described is not one that would be tolerated at this organization. Our mission and ... More

Great!

Current Employee - QA Tester  in  Ramsey, NJ
    Current Employee - QA Tester in Ramsey, NJ

I have been working at Wurth USA as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly team members and helpful!

Cons

Less documentation; so that I have to ask always to do the work...

none

Great Company, Fun Career, Best Products On The Market

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Wurth USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love working for this company, we have the best products on the market. Customers think of Wurth and they think of quality. The training is structured and consistent, and I can call any of my colleagues for help at any time. Our benefits are among the best in the industry. We are starting to become a known brand with our partnership with Penske Racing and being affiliated with NASCAR.

Cons

We are continuing to bring in new products, and continuing to hire more people, I wish we could do it faster. We are growing!

Keep cultivating Territory Sales Managers into other opportunities. It truly is the best way for us to continue to grow.

May 7, 2014Sales Recruiter

Thank you for the great feedback! We are always looking at traditional and innovative alternatives fostering the development and growth of our sales team.

Endless career opportunities exist here

Current Employee - District Key Account Manager  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - District Key Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Wurth USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are a take ownership type of person there are tremendous opportunities available to you. I have all the support from my immediate supervisors and all of the support staff at the corporate office. I am not micro managed buy supported which is an environment I can thrive in.

Cons

In the beginning you will put significant hours into learning the business, the paperwork, the routing etc.. It is what you will have to do initially to get more familiar with the product, services and systems. There can be some frustrations in regards to out of stocks and back orders in the warehouse, pricing system delays, and items selected incorrectly in the warehouse that do occur. I know the company is working on those issues. Not unlike many other companies that experience what I call growing pains.

We need to have more communication with buyers, customer service, special orders, to assist in rectifying issues before they become more painful in the field.

Success is rewarded!

I have been working at Wurth USA

Pros

I've had great success at Wurth. This is because of the many programs and support the company provides. Not only for the employees but also for the customers. Which is why we are unparalleled in this industry! Ultimately, as with anything in life, you get out of this job what you put into it. With hard work and motivation, you will find success! Their is freedom to truly blossom as a sales rep!

Cons

We have such a huge range of products, it's challenging to keep up with them all. It's also exciting to always have something new to offer our clients.

Continue seeking out self motivated individuals that will be an asset to our team. Look for those that can give a positive contribution...

May 7, 2014Sales Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your positive experience! We know this to be how the majority of Würth USA employees feel. By far, our employees are our most valued resource and we are grateful for the ... More

Worked for Wurth USA? Contribute to the Community!