Wurth Wood Group

Add Photos

Robert Stolz

Satisfied Current Employee

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunities for advancement are endless. You will be noticed as a rising star and clearly recoginized for the effort you put forth. Management is very willing to listen to ideas and work on ways to make the company better. As an employee, I truly feel my voice is beig heard.

ConsEvery company has cons, the biggest opportunity for improvement is getting some more staff so the employees aren't spread as thin.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush yourself to change and become the industry leader, not the follower.

Low standards across the board...

Marketing (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsPeople are very nice, although most are close to retirement. The company is basically run by a bunch of good ole boys trying to come to terms with the 21st century.

ConsLower than average pay, filthy work environment, unprofessional, over 50% of the employees smoke - benefits are barbaric only 10 days vacation and sick time combined!

Advice to Senior ManagementBulldoze that condemned building in that awful part of the city and start all over again...

Former Territory Manager

Territory Manager (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsI can't think of any!

ConsWhere do I start? Management is the worse I've ever worked with. It started the day I interviewed for the company; they assigned my seat next to the person I was interviewing against-it was a three hour flight. You were not allowed to work from home during work hours, you had to leave before 7:30 am and not arrive back home till after 5:00 pm, so much of the work you need to accomplish had to be done on your personal time and on the weekends(quoting, emails, sales plans). Management uses a selling technique called, Question Based selling-I called it interrogation selling. I found it made the customer very uncomfortable, putting them in a corner (verbally), while not listening to a single concern they had. Wurth thought the customer shouldn't care that pricing was the highest in the market with 14 different pricing levels (YES 14). I can keep going and going, but you get the idea. Don’t work for Wurth unless you’re out of work, even then I would think twice.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your customers. No matter what you think, Wurth is a joke in the industry. Change your selling technique-it doesn't work and your sales show it. Change the way for buy your products, your leaving a lot on the table. Customers don’t care if Wurth has a lot of products in stock if products are too expensive-the customer can wait a day or two and get it from the competitor.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

Prosopportunity for everyone to advance

Consnone. company hears and reacts to issues

Advice to Senior Managementfight the good fight

Horrible customer service- Horrible Management

Department Head (Former Employee)
    Greer, SC

ProsThere aren't any that come to mind. They have the Lacquer Distribution on lock-down, so it is next to impossible to get the product you need-elsewhere.

ConsBranch managers have no idea what it actually takes to run an order from start to finish. They look only at numbers, and start making cuts as soon as they see a dip. Forced overtime, while they don't want to pay for it. Don't be suprised to be asked to make product deliveries in your personal car because of someone else's screw up. Product orders are NEVER filled properly. Employees are disgruntled, and reflect it towards customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect the "little people" who are doing the grunt work, and pay them more than the temps that are brought in, when the crap gets too deep.

This is a Classless organization!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsThe company has really great middle management, specifically the Customer Service Manager and VP of Sales, Regional Managers, etc.
    The people that manage at lower levels in the company have an intimate knowledge of the processes, the issues and the people and know how to manage.

ConsThe Upper management specifically the CEO, and Parent Company executive management. This organization is ran in a "Good ole boy" network mentality and the upper management will do anything to try to perpetuate their image. If this company has a bad couple of months and you make a decent living, expect to be considered an operate expense and either get laid off or have your salary cut. Rather than doing short term work programs or making changes in upper management like most private equity companies, this organization keeps a revolving door of mid level management, not because they aren't great at their jobs, but because upper management tries to cut expenses to save their own ass just so they don't look bad. This company is very unethical and you will get asked to work on projects that have nothing to do with your department that force you to work overtime and you will not be compensated for it. Upper management will never praise or respect you, you are just an operating expense to them. Find a real company to work for and stay clear of these southern redneck idiots.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell people up front when you hire them that you will lay them off if you have a bad month and that they are just a number to you and not a person. Try to learn what ethics are, and take a look in the mirror once and a while when you have a tough month and think about what you could actually do to make your company better rather than just increase the turnover by another 20%.

stay away

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

Prosflexible time slots but the management is pretty tought to deal with. Also the customers were pretty bad as well.

ConsBad location also the management is really tight with raises. They made it really hard to get ahead and move forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the employees more. Also listen to what the emp;loyees have to say it may just be helpful. That is my biggest complaint.

Worked for Wurth Wood Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wurth Wood Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wurth Wood Group CEO Robert Stolz. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Wurth Wood Group employees.