Wyeth

www.wyeth.com

Wyeth Reviews in Pearl River, NY

Wyeth – US – “The Wyeth sign. It was a great place to work!”

Wyeth President and CEO Bernard J. Poussot

Bernard J. Poussot

Pros
  • Great place to work, work life balance, respect for people, great work environment(in 13 reviews)

• decent salary and benefits and work environment(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Small senior management "club" environment(in 11 reviews)

• Bought by Pfizer and so many great people let go(in 4 reviews)

15 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Loved the company and the people I worked with. A great experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pearl River, NY

ProsMy Director was open to suggestions and encouraged growth.

ConsNot enough interaction/communication between the 3 divisions on site.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot applicable. It's now Pfizer.

Wyeth really limits your experience to a narrow function.

Validation Engineer (Former Employee) Pearl River, NY

ProsWyeth has great benefits and a very good work/life balance.

ConsNot much room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementRotational and leadership programs.

Wyeth No More

Research Scientist (Former Employee) Pearl River, NY

ProsGreat small community feel on-site. It has its' own bank with real tellers, cafeteria, lots of wide open space and an all inclusive recreation program. Good people. Best labs in the industry.

ConsThere is no Wyeth anymore. Being swallowed into the monolith of Pfizer was a huge blow to the morale and community as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the money and run.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The end of an era when Pfizer takes over

Associate Director (Current Employee) Pearl River, NY

Prostypical large company salary and benefits
    opportunities to move to different groups
    I like Wyeth's values that Ruffalo intituted (like respect for people) and think it made a difference in how people treated each other
    Despite recent public dissatisfaction with Pharma (and what industry/organized institution has not suffered) it is a noble industry, what other one discovers and lauches new drugs to improve your health?

ConsThe biggest downside right now is the uncertainty of the Pfizer aquisition and subsequent loss of jobs
    Wyeth has not had the success it anticipated in recent NDA applications, along with generic intrusion for protonix, and soon other big products, as in other pharma, the good old days are over and big pharma will go the way of steel and cars, still there but in much reduced form

Advice to Senior Managementfor the guys at the top, I hope you enjoy all the cash you get from the buyout (millions of $ and years of salary) while you sold us out

Wyeth

Principal Research Scientist II (Current Employee) Pearl River, NY

ProsWyeht has assembled a really great talent pool at the middle management level. There is a lot of innovative science in R&D. Sr. management does a pretty good job at assessing the market place and making changes to position the company for the future.

ConsSometimes science is compromised for speed and metircs. Sr. management has prioritized volume over quality at times and it has had negative effects on approvals as evident by recent management turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the science and the approvals will come.

Wyeth has become a true mess...

Scientist II (Current Employee) Pearl River, NY

ProsThe benefits and the majority of research staff are very knowledgeable. However, this talent is usually suppressed and seems like it is actually frowned upon. The projects are interesting, but are usually managed to the point where there are collapses in communication resulting in time wasting redundancies.

ConsThe middle and upper management is abysmal. Very little communication even between affiliated departments. Management has strong favorites, even when the favorites are complete dead-weight to the work and goals at hand. No competency or idea what goes into certain work or studies that they are involved with. If there is an issue at hand, management literally tries to sweep it under the carpet. Out of sight of mind, regardless of how minor or severe the issue is.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to actually manage and try to re-learn the science that is at your hands.

Looking forward to moving on

Scientist (Current Employee) Pearl River, NY

Prosresources, i.e, technoligies, IT support, latest approaches to increasing efficiency in GLP

Consmanagement lacks real intents on developing talent. Only posterboards and slideshows is their approach.

Advice to Senior Managementcome up with real-time assesment programs on developing talent and a careful assesment of the difference between competency on the benchtop and competency in managing others

welcome to Pfyeth

Scientist I (Current Employee) Pearl River, NY

ProsCompetative pay, good benefits, strong company

Consit will soon become Pfizer. this company has a poor track record of dealing with the other company after an aquisition. they typically like to grab what they want and get out.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack out of the aquisition. I am not sure why the board of directors approved the aquisition. Wyeth is a strong company and was in a good position to get through the recession on its own.

Not bad for a big corporation

Principal Research Scientist I (Current Employee) Pearl River, NY

ProsYou're part of an organization that is working to improve health and well-being of society

ConsBureaucracy and political jostling of a large business organization

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees appreciate transparency in decision-making process, even if it is disclosed after the decision has been made.

Future Biotech Giant

Principal Research Scientist I (Current Employee) Pearl River, NY

ProsIts a company with tremendous future potential to be reach new heights. It is keeping up with change in landscape especially by pursuing to populate pipeline with biotech development candidates and yet keeping its focus on small molecules. In future its a company to reckon with which will have a diversified and balanced strategy between small and large molecules. This can be examplified by the approach which is being taken to approach disease modifying as well as symptomatic treatment modalities to cure or manage Alzheimer's disease and its one of the most promising area to improve patients lives as well as make an impact on company's revenue.

ConsStress...I guess its everywhere across the board

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and try to keep the employees happy

Worked for Wyeth? Contribute to the Community!