Wyeth Reviews

Reset
3.9
Wyeth President and CEO Bernard J. Poussot
Bernard J. Poussot

Pros
  • Beautiful location and offices, great commute, competitive salary and benefits package (in 8 reviews)

• Reasonably competitive salary and benefits such as 3 wks of vacation, flexible summer hours, pension plan on top of 401k retirement plan (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Pfizer merger was a huge drain; too many good people were displaced (in 6 reviews)

1. I miss Wyeth Pearl River

Former Employee - QC Scientist II in Pearl River, NY
    Former Employee - QC Scientist II in Pearl River, NY

I worked at Wyeth

Pros

You are rewarded for the work you put in. If you just do your job, you get a rating of a 3 (of 5) = average. Hence, your salary would also reflect an average increase (3%). But if you go above and beyond (and there are people who can testify of the great work you've done), then your rating would be 4 or 5 with an above average increase in salary not just in the beginning of the year but semi-annually. (That was my experience anyway.) The work environment is dependent upon department, but overall it is relaxed and everyone is friendly & easy to get-along with. I have been in three other pharmaceutical companies and by far Wyeth Pearl River is the best place I ever worked in. Compliance-wise there is no match. And you definitely learn a lot - their training program is superior. Just say they know what they are doing. With regard to the current layoffs in the company, if you are doing your job well and you get a long with everyone, then there is no need to worry. I think Pearl River is one of the more stable Wyeth sites because it produces not only the best-selling vaccine ever, but also the #1 multivitamin brand. And it is hard not to take pride working in the Pearl River, NY site - 550 acres, 40 buildings with 3000 personnel. The site, from afar, is just awesome - it's definitely a small city.

Cons

The place never closes. It is a 24/7 operation.

Advice to Management

Develop direct reports and try to stay away from the politics. Be objective! Be easy to work for/with. The more people & groups you work with, the easier and faster promotions come. Communicate well with your staff and always be approachable. Group cohesion is very important in a site this large since words and rumors travel quickly.

2. Exceeds Expectations

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Madison, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Madison, NJ

I worked at Wyeth

Pros

Performance culture and accountability that supports all employees.

Cons

There is a lack of high-quality, impactful new product opportunities.

Advice to Management

Appreciation should be extended to all levels.

Not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Collegeville, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Collegeville, PA

I have been working at Wyeth

Pros

The salaries are competitive, the benefits are very good and in general the work force is comprised of talented, descent, hardworking individuals. The company historically has always done a good job at providing timely communications on important business decisions and activities. Leadership has also proven itself over and over again by keeping the company healthy and expanding in spite of serious product and manufacturing liabilities. Compared to the industry, Wyeth is a fair place to work.

Cons

Wyeth is not the leader in the Pharmaceutical or the Biopharmaceutical fields. The company is neither the biggest nor the strongest in the market.

Advice to Management

Youre employees are your most important asset.

5. Wyeth - A good place

Current Employee - Associate Director in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Wyeth

Pros

Wyeth is a people focused organization. They treat their people fairly and with respect. They communicate well. Compension consists of salary, yearly bonuses, stock options, and spot awards.

Cons

Their talk about flexible schedules is a little more aggressive than the reality. For lower level within the organization, I have seen part-time and job sharing. For management, there is a perception that you have to been seen to be effective. The benefits package is pretty comprehensive with no chage for any Wyeth prescriptions. The downside is that salary deductions for benefits are on a scale with the pay. (i.e. the higher paid, pay more for the same benefits).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing with the communication style. Protect the Wyeth talent as we move into the Phizer world.

6. Great Company, Great People, Great Ideas

I have been working at Wyeth

Pros

Wyeth has a positive and caring culture - one that drives for and rewards strong performance and results. Performance matters. Leadership and employees have embraced the changes needed to build the strong organization.

Cons

Wyeth is going through a lot of change at the moment given the pending Pfizer acquisition. This has resulted in distractions and uncertainty.

Advice to Management

Keep up the robust communications regarding the integration work and activities. It is crucial in helping employees stay connected and is of great value.

7. The end of an era when Pfizer takes over

Current Employee - Associate Director in Pearl River, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Pearl River, NY

I have been working at Wyeth

Pros

typical large company salary and benefits opportunities to move to different groups I like Wyeth's values that Ruffalo intituted (like respect for people) and think it made a difference in how people treated each other Despite recent public dissatisfaction with Pharma (and what industry/organized institution has not suffered) it is a noble industry, what other one discovers and lauches new drugs to improve your health?

Cons

The biggest downside right now is the uncertainty of the Pfizer aquisition and subsequent loss of jobs Wyeth has not had the success it anticipated in recent NDA applications, along with generic intrusion for protonix, and soon other big products, as in other pharma, the good old days are over and big pharma will go the way of steel and cars, still there but in much reduced form

Advice to Management

for the guys at the top, I hope you enjoy all the cash you get from the buyout (millions of $ and years of salary) while you sold us out

8. Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

I worked at Wyeth

Pros

Excellent Talent at all levels

Cons

Bought by American Home Products

Advice to Management

Don't let the culture ruin the company

9. none

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Wyeth

Pros

The people and the company

Cons

Some employees are totally incompetent

Advice to Management

You should not have giving in to Pfizer

10. Loved the company and the people I worked with. A great experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pearl River, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pearl River, NY

I worked at Wyeth

Pros

My Director was open to suggestions and encouraged growth.

Cons

Not enough interaction/communication between the 3 divisions on site.

Advice to Management

Not applicable. It's now Pfizer.

11. Excellent placeto work

Former Employee - Associate Director in Frazer, PA
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Frazer, PA

I worked at Wyeth

Pros

I had the opportunity to work with great people who cared about what they did.

Cons

They were bought by Pfizer

Advice to Management

If only you could have stayed independent

RSS Feed </> Embed