Wyle

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A great learning experience

I have been working at Wyle full-time for more than 10 years

ProsInteresting work; Aerospace Group has good management team

ConsPresent defense Industry environment is anticipating sequestration and CR budget cuts

Warning - not a good company to work for

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wyle full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood benefits, that's about it.

ConsSalary freezes for past three years, no bonus system, management can be petty and unprofessional. Communications are in the tank except for a dumb Wyle Week news letter. Health Care costs are going through the roof. Not a family friendly company.

Advice to Senior ManagementInformation is always close hold, very little communication with middle management. This advice will be disregarded, Upper management very arrogant.

Best company I've ever worked for!

I have been working at Wyle

ProsWyle is honest when they say they believe in work/life balance. Mid sized company that feels like a small company. Senior Management are down to earth and easy to talk to. Opportunities abound at this company. I have never seen a company more focused on employee growth and development. They are working very hard to make this the preferred place to work, and doing a good job at it.

ConsYour basic cons you find anywhere, you're never going to like everyone you work with but 99% of employees I've met and worked with are great people.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, Wyle is a great place to work and the leadership has a lot to do with it.

Wyle is an industry leader and a great employer.

Senior Engineering Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wyle

ProsAbove industry standard benefits, very good communication between management and employees. Market leader in salaries. Family first mentality.

ConsGlass ceiling is very obvious.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch salary desparity between peers based on gender.

Wyle - An Employer of choice in the Defense Industry Sector

Senior Test and Evaluation Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wyle

ProsWyle is still an employer of choice among Defense Industry professionals. The company is very employee oriented and offers very good benefits comparable to the best available. Excellent 401K program with generous employer matching. Several choices for medical and dental insurance, employer provided short term and long term disability pay with optional increase. Wyle also provides life insurance with very affordable optional increases for the employee, spouse and dependants.
Wyle wants their quality employees to stay, so intra-orgnization job advancement and placement opportunities abound as does assistance with job placement if a contract or position is removed, to the point of going outside the company to help an employee! Quality management is the norm and most salaries exceed national averages.

ConsThere's not many reasons to not work for Wyle but there are some areas that, as a long term employee, bother me. There is no sick leave only short/long term disabilty which is only available if one is admitted to a hospital overnight or after 4 days of being ill. This a problem in today's medical care system, where more procedures are being performed in offices and only require one or two days for recovery, and also for those times when employees are ill with flu or some other temporary illness.
There is also limited opportunity to move into management and there is a lack of merit raises and promotions for non management personnel. For most employees bonuses are non existant and those metered out are measely.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement an annual 2 week use or lose sick leave allowance for employees. Refocus on the primary objective that Wyle provides quality support for customers that sustains the Wyle reputation within the Defense, other Government and private sector industries and reward your employees appropriately.

Worked for Wyle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wyle reviews and ratings in Lexington Park, MD — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wyle CEO George R. Melton. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Wyle employees.