Wyle Reviews

Updated October 30, 2014
3.3

Wyle CEO George R. Melton
George R. Melton

Pros
  • Very Stable environment and great benefits (in 3 reviews)

• This was a great company to work for in the beginning (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Reduction in leave, benefits, no pay increases since July 2011 (in 3 reviews)

• Its primary goals were customer satisfaction, employee development and top line growth (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Long term tenure at highly professional services company.

I have been working at Wyle

Pros

Wyle is a very professional company which also believes in its employees and tries to take care of them.

Cons

Wyle is a government contractor and must operate according to the will of the federal government.

Wyle - A First Rate Systems Engineering, Professional, and Scientific Technical Services Firm

Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer/Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer/Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Wyle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wyle is a great company to work for. They treat their employees with fairness and respect. Competitive benefits, promotions based on merit, and full range of medical/dental, vision, 401K, and insurance choices.

Cons

Biggest challenge is that Wyle needs to expand its brand to all DoD and Federal Agencies. This limits job opportunities for those in parts of the country with a full range of DoD presence.

Pay closer attention to the needs and perceptions of the government task leads. Be willing to let the government propose a path ahead. As a military program manager, I know what government leads tend to need from their contractor team.

Very average expeirencee, nothing to cheer about or hate. Not the best fit for me.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Wyle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work life balance. Some challenging work which kept me interested and motivated.

Cons

I had 3 managers in 12 months probably not the norm but from my perspective not good.
    Pay raise is meager to none, not even cost of living and when you do get one it is not even keeping up with inflation. That is going backwards in my book

Do what you say you are going to do and follow through. Lip service is no service at all

Great company to work for in the beginning........

Former Employee - Financial Analyst
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst

I worked at Wyle full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This was a great company to work for in the beginning. There was an effort to communicate important information to employees and to pay salaries that were competitive.

Cons

Micro-Managing is horrible. Any type of recommendations you make to speed performance or save time are ignored. You are told that now is not the time, maybe later. Later never happens. Salary growth over last three years was flat and benefits cost a lot more for decreased coverage.

This was a great company to work for in the beginning. As time went on however, you notice that communication from managers is very poor and there is no room for advancement. Offer better benefits and salaries.

A good company with growth potential even in contracting defense market.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Wyle full-time

Pros

The management is striving to maximize employee while staying competitive. The group structure still gives Wyle a small company feel.

Cons

The bureaucracy inherent in most large businesses has creeped into many of the local processes. Off-site employees are mainly left out of company gatherings.

Remember the people are your most important asset. Show that in tangible ways.

Wyle puts people first.

Current Employee - Engineer/Analysis in Lexington Park, MD
    Current Employee - Engineer/Analysis in Lexington Park, MD

I have been working at Wyle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Wyle has provided me with numerous opportunities to expand my knowledge.

Cons

Needs to work on providing upward mobility.

Same as cons.

Applicant Beware

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Madison, AL
    Current Employee - Program Analyst in Madison, AL

I have been working at Wyle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Standard benefits (steadily decreasing), average PTO allowance.

Cons

- Benefits such as 401K matching for employees in one business unit are dependent on the success/failure of other business units. As such, my particular unit suffered at the losses of other disparate areas of the company.
    - Management loyalty rests with the customer rather than the employee. The company is large enough that sectional VPs have little to no interaction with line employees who are viewed simply as employee numbers.
    -Very little room for advancement. 5-10 year, successful employees are no higher in the food chain than when they started.

CAS was great...until Wyle took over

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Program Analyst in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Wyle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Forunately, CAS still has some autonomy (not much) as a Business Group under Wyle. There are still remnants of the CAS employees that knew what CAS stood for (employee satisfaction) and still strive to fight Wyle (unfortunately, to no avail) to ensure employees are taken care of. These few are the only thing that makes it bearable to work for Wyle. Yes, I have a job for which I am extremely grateful, but I don't plan on having one with Wyle for much longer (patiently seeking).

Cons

Wyle is a publicly traded company that couldn't care less about anything but their bottom line. They have proven this by continually cutting benefits (increasing health care costs, decreasing 401k contributions) and not providing an atmosphere for employee development and promotion. It's very quickly turning into a stagnant career.

Show that you care about your employees more than your bottom line. If you are going to cut benefits, then provide more compensation (or something) to make up for it. CAS used to be lower than the average on base salary, but well above the average on benefits. Now, Wyle-CAS is still below the average on base salary, and average at best on benefits. I have seen several employees leave because of their dissatisfaction with the decisions being made a Wyle Corporate with a complete disregard to suggestions from management at the local CAS Group level.

Terrible pay rate

I worked at Wyle full-time

Pros

The co-workers are great. Work-life balance is excellent.

Cons

Compensation is well below average. Benefits are eroding with paid time off being decreased in 2014. No sick time, if you get sick you have to use paid time off until disability kicks in. Management is disorganized and seems to lack vision. Employees went from mandatory overtime to a reduction in force in the same week. No growth opportunities if you're not in "the club"

Listen to the employees. Don't be afraid to step out of the comfort zone. Pay employees what they are worth.

"Very positive experience early on, but much has changed"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer – Technical Support in Patuxent River, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer – Technical Support in Patuxent River, MD

I have been working at Wyle full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Large contractor footprint in the Patuxent River, MD area with numerous jobs in all fields of work. My managers over the years have all been exceptional.

Cons

The personal touches that made the company so attractive early on continue to diminish with each passing year. Benefits have been on the decline lately.

Remember what made the company so personable, and know that it carries over to the customer.