Wyle Reviews

Reset
3.2
Wyle President and CEO Roger Wiederkehr
Roger Wiederkehr

Pros
  • Wyle is honest when they say they believe in work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

• This was a great company to work for in the beginning (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Reduction in leave, benefits, no pay increases since July 2011 (in 3 reviews)

• Its primary goals were customer satisfaction, employee development and top line growth (in 2 reviews)

1. RCM Analsyt

Pros

Family enviorment, Management Care Great relationship with customer.

Cons

Sometimes people care to much

Advice to Management

none

2. NOAA Contractor

Former Employee - GIS Specialist in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - GIS Specialist in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Wyle (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty average pay and good job security. Tuition reimbursement and health / medical benefits were very good.

Cons

Same drawbacks as any other contractor, you could be switched to someone else at a moments notice. Having to write your own evaluations without any option for customer feedback doesn't help reflect the performance of the employee.

3. Not the place to work if you expect to be rewarded for your work

Former Employee - Software Developer in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Wyle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At Wyle there are friendly coworkers and interesting projects. There are a few competent management personnel, but they are hard to come by and worth their weight in gold.

Cons

There is an atmosphere of back biting political competition. It's not so bad as stack ranking, but close. One is not expected to succeed in their project so much as make friends with the right people. In fact, sometimes a person can be assigned to a project and denied the necessary resources, because he or she is expected to fail so that more resources can be requested later. When I was placed in charge of such a situation, the project was a resounding success, so much so, in fact, that when the rest of the group's projects were canceled, mine remained. I was rewarded by having the project taken away from me and being transferred to an off campus location where there was no opportunity for advancement, while the people running all four of the other projects where given my project. Needless to say I quit, taking my expertise with me. It even came to the point where they reached out to me to hire me back at a significant pay raise, but only if they didn't have to admit their mistake and could hire me as a contractor through another company. I couldn't pass up the pay raise, but it wasn't long before I got a better offer elsewhere so I was gone quickly. Since then, the group at Wyle has been hemorrhaging employees and is in danger of cancellation.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees for good work rather than for friendship. Don't punish good workers for good work. Otherwise, you might end up standing on the Titanic with good friends and no workers to save you.

5. Good Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Wyle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dedicated leadership team that tries to keep you informed of vision

Cons

None yet. but there are challenges in the future.

Advice to Management

Make central services more responsive

Laid back comfortable environment with no room to grow

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Wyle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back, nice people, not a lot of pressure, flexible hours

Cons

Low pay, low raises, poor upper management

Advice to Management

Focus a little more on treating your employees well.

Wyle

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Wyle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company has a nice employee referral plan and nice benefits in it's Thrift Savings plan. Human resources does an excellent job at communicating with employees and is very responsive to taking care of employee needs. Corporate leadership is very visible and communicates often with employees as to the state of the company outlook and growth.

Cons

Team morale and cohesion suffer here because of "Toxic" managers. Two-way respect builds loyalty and fosters greater commitment from team members to go above and beyond what is expected of them in the performance of their duties.

Advice to Management

Police your managers. Performing as a good manager includes much more than just accomplishing daily tasks. Employees arrive with the greatest of intentions to excel and to be a contributor in the performance of their duties. Management has the obligation to continue to develop and instill a greater sense of purpose toward utilizing these intentions toward taking care of customer needs. Every manager is not a good leader, and a good team becomes a great team with good leadership.

8. Wyle

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager

Pros

Very professional, well managed company. Management demonstrates respect for employees. Opportunities available for advancement. Benefits compare well with other companies.

Cons

Cost cutting measures have hit hard as Wyle works to stay competitive. Like any government contractor, most positions are tied to a contract with a fixed length.

Advice to Management

Don't cut too far. There's a point where there are not sufficient resources to get the job done. This is especially tough on indirect staff.

9. Plenty of work, good people

Current Employee - Software Developer in Lexington Park, MD
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Lexington Park, MD

I have been working at Wyle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of current software projects to work on with a steady flow of incoming business. I like the people I work with.

Cons

Sometimes communication in a large company can be tough. Some people can get away with doing subpar work while relying on others to carry the load.

Advice to Management

Check in with employees a little more often to get reactions on how things are going within the team. Not just relying on people to come to them.

Contract Support

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Descent pay, easy boring job

Cons

Felt like i was back in high school, unfriendly nasty coworkers. Made racist remarks, HR department needs training. A decent place to WORK but not to GROW. People don't move up unless someone retires.

Advice to Management

Train HR department, hold events to meet Staff

Software Tester

Pros

Flexible hours, worked daily with user community and was able to observe first hand software changes in aircraft for the betterment of the user.

Cons

Terrible Management, workers are disposable and were told this daily. New "benefit" leave/sick leave was a terrible combination and not a plus to the employee.

Advice to Management

Stop treating all employees like plug and play assets. We were hired due to our industry connections and skills in the aircraft.

RSS Feed </> Embed