Wyle

Updated December 3, 2014
3.2

Wyle CEO George R. Melton
George R. Melton

Pros
  • Wyle is honest when they say they believe in work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

• Very Stable environment and great benefits (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Reduction in leave, benefits, no pay increases since July 2011 (in 3 reviews)

• Its primary goals were customer satisfaction, employee development and top line growth (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Customer Support and Inside Sales Manager

Former Employee - Sales Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Wyle

Pros

Wyle was a great company to work for. We exceeded customer expectations every day. Our pricing is higher than our major competition, but we delivered quality service. I worked for the Wyle Test Lab for 7 years, glad I did and very proud supporting many successful programs. The management team has solid expertise in what we did and they do not overlook an employees hard work and dedication. I LOVE Wyle. The test lab division was acquired by our competitor NTS, and I decided to resign.

Cons

I think Wyle made a mistake letting go of their test lab.

Keep up the good work and continue to GROW..

Working for Wyle has been UNBELIEVABE

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Wyle full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Wyle promotes from within and their benefits package rivals any out there.

Cons

not enough positions to be filled

Great job letting the team make decisions when it relates to them....

Long term tenure at highly professional services company.

I have been working at Wyle

Pros

Wyle is a very professional company which also believes in its employees and tries to take care of them.

Cons

Wyle is a government contractor and must operate according to the will of the federal government.

Great company for adults who need to be babysat

I have been working at Wyle as a contractor

Pros

I beleive the company itself may be an excellent company to work for. The benefits are good and those in senior management seem to be understanding and willing to go to bat for their employees.

Cons

Lower level management is undereducated, non-people management material, and not knowledgeable in government operation. Promotion is based upon relationships, raises are minimal to none, the level of management is unclear, lack of respect from management and management staff, more time is spent attending to company issues, concerns, and questions rather than on the government work which employees are paid and expected to do. And the list goes on...

Hire lower level managers who are more educated, knowledgebale, and experienced that their employees.

Very average expeirencee, nothing to cheer about or hate. Not the best fit for me.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Wyle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work life balance. Some challenging work which kept me interested and motivated.

Cons

I had 3 managers in 12 months probably not the norm but from my perspective not good.
    Pay raise is meager to none, not even cost of living and when you do get one it is not even keeping up with inflation. That is going backwards in my book

Do what you say you are going to do and follow through. Lip service is no service at all

Great company to work for in the beginning........

Former Employee - Financial Analyst
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst

I worked at Wyle full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This was a great company to work for in the beginning. There was an effort to communicate important information to employees and to pay salaries that were competitive.

Cons

Micro-Managing is horrible. Any type of recommendations you make to speed performance or save time are ignored. You are told that now is not the time, maybe later. Later never happens. Salary growth over last three years was flat and benefits cost a lot more for decreased coverage.

This was a great company to work for in the beginning. As time went on however, you notice that communication from managers is very poor and there is no room for advancement. Offer better benefits and salaries.

Wyle - A First Rate Systems Engineering, Professional, and Scientific Technical Services Firm

Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer/Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer/Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Wyle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wyle is a great company to work for. They treat their employees with fairness and respect. Competitive benefits, promotions based on merit, and full range of medical/dental, vision, 401K, and insurance choices.

Cons

Biggest challenge is that Wyle needs to expand its brand to all DoD and Federal Agencies. This limits job opportunities for those in parts of the country with a full range of DoD presence.

Pay closer attention to the needs and perceptions of the government task leads. Be willing to let the government propose a path ahead. As a military program manager, I know what government leads tend to need from their contractor team.

Was a great company

I have been working at Wyle full-time

Pros

Many great people and interesting work

Cons

Watch your back! If you are not a favorite, you quickly become a target. Very questionable practices and decisions that benefit the "in crowd."

Spend time learning and identifying the true contributors and stop allowing favorites to hide behind the talents of others. Extend the same opportunities to all. It is past time to get serious about values and ethics and past time to address behaviors...in other words, walk the talk!!

Applicant Beware

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Madison, AL
    Current Employee - Program Analyst in Madison, AL

I have been working at Wyle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Standard benefits (steadily decreasing), average PTO allowance.

Cons

- Benefits such as 401K matching for employees in one business unit are dependent on the success/failure of other business units. As such, my particular unit suffered at the losses of other disparate areas of the company.
    - Management loyalty rests with the customer rather than the employee. The company is large enough that sectional VPs have little to no interaction with line employees who are viewed simply as employee numbers.
    -Very little room for advancement. 5-10 year, successful employees are no higher in the food chain than when they started.

A good company with growth potential even in contracting defense market.

I have been working at Wyle full-time

Pros

The management is striving to maximize employee while staying competitive. The group structure still gives Wyle a small company feel.

Cons

The bureaucracy inherent in most large businesses has creeped into many of the local processes. Off-site employees are mainly left out of company gatherings.

Remember the people are your most important asset. Show that in tangible ways.