Wyle

Updated March 5, 2015
3.1

Wyle CEO George R. Melton
George R. Melton

Pros
  • Wyle is honest when they say they believe in work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

• Very Stable environment and great benefits (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Reduction in leave, benefits, no pay increases since July 2011 (in 3 reviews)

• Its primary goals were customer satisfaction, employee development and top line growth (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Customer Support and Inside Sales Manager

Former Employee - Sales Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Wyle

Pros

Wyle was a great company to work for. We exceeded customer expectations every day. Our pricing is higher than our major competition, but we delivered quality service. I worked for the Wyle Test Lab for 7 years, glad I did and very proud supporting many successful programs. The management team has solid expertise in what we did and they do not overlook an employees hard work and dedication. I LOVE Wyle. The test lab division was acquired by our competitor NTS, and I decided to resign.

Cons

I think Wyle made a mistake letting go of their test lab.

Keep up the good work and continue to GROW..

Working for Wyle has been UNBELIEVABE

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Wyle full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Wyle promotes from within and their benefits package rivals any out there.

Cons

not enough positions to be filled

Great job letting the team make decisions when it relates to them....

Wyle - A First Rate Systems Engineering, Professional, and Scientific Technical Services Firm

Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer/Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer/Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Wyle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wyle is a great company to work for. They treat their employees with fairness and respect. Competitive benefits, promotions based on merit, and full range of medical/dental, vision, 401K, and insurance choices.

Cons

Biggest challenge is that Wyle needs to expand its brand to all DoD and Federal Agencies. This limits job opportunities for those in parts of the country with a full range of DoD presence.

Pay closer attention to the needs and perceptions of the government task leads. Be willing to let the government propose a path ahead. As a military program manager, I know what government leads tend to need from their contractor team.

Wyle is comprised of professionals in every sense of the word

Current Contractor - Rule of Law; Subject Matter Expert in Bagrām (Afghanistan)
    Current Contractor - Rule of Law; Subject Matter Expert in Bagrām (Afghanistan)

I have been working at Wyle as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Wyle has a benefit package you would expect from a company of this size but Wyle goes many steps further by offering generous 401K matching, global health care coverage for deployed individuals overseas, great salaries and a "we're all one family" outlook toward employees. Wyle hires "professionals" who are highly trained, well qualified and form a great team to work with.

Cons

Wyle is streamlining operations and downsizing due to budget cuts within the Federal Goverment Contractural award system. They are condensing the managerial staff and increasing workloads across the board.

When reassigning management and staff please consider more than their performance appraisals before moving them to another position. Talk to the people who have worked under them and you will make a more informed decision, and may be pleasantly surprised!

Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Wyle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Leadership, salary, company culture and benefits

Cons

This company is not perfect, but it really is a good company to work for.

Provide more leadership positions

Good Opportunities - Solid Management Team

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Wyle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The unique thing about Wyle is that the Management Team listens to staff's concerns and recommendations. There are plenty of opportunities for career advancement and challenging assignments. Definitely a good company to work for.

Cons

I've been with the company for more than 5 years and do not have any negative thoughts about the firm at the moment.

Keep doing what you are doing to maintain the edge over our competitors.

Wyle--A great company to work for.

I have been working at Wyle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wyle offers good opportunity to move around in the company.

Cons

Sometimes feel detached from main company due to working directly with customer at their site, but not from a lack of the company attempting to include us.

Good, stable place to work

I have been working at Wyle

Pros

Great benefits, good 401(k) contributions made by the company, "ok" 401(k) plan administrator. Competitive salaries. Generally speaking, seems to be the kind of company one could have a "career" with. Seems to be relatively low turnover, few "layoffs," and reasonable attempts are made to place employees elsewhere when these situations occur.

Cons

Most members of senior management are white, male, retired members of the military -- creating the perception of limited mobility for those not fitting that criteria. Very limited communication and interaction between senior management and employees. Leads some employees to feel more connected with their customer than the company.

Communicate more often, more candidly, and more directly (not through management "channels") with employees. Keep in mind communication works both ways -- allow employees to feel they've been "heard," even if no action is taken on their suggestions.

Best company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington Park, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington Park, MD

I have been working at Wyle

Pros

Wyle is honest when they say they believe in work/life balance. Mid sized company that feels like a small company. Senior Management are down to earth and easy to talk to. Opportunities abound at this company. I have never seen a company more focused on employee growth and development. They are working very hard to make this the preferred place to work, and doing a good job at it.

Cons

Your basic cons you find anywhere, you're never going to like everyone you work with but 99% of employees I've met and worked with are great people.

Keep doing what you're doing, Wyle is a great place to work and the leadership has a lot to do with it.

Wyle is an industry leader and a great employer.

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Technician in Lexington Park, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Engineering Technician in Lexington Park, MD

I have been working at Wyle

Pros

Above industry standard benefits, very good communication between management and employees. Market leader in salaries. Family first mentality.

Cons

Glass ceiling is very obvious.

Watch salary desparity between peers based on gender.