Wyndham Capital Mortgage

Updated January 4, 2015
3.3

Jeff Douglas

Great Company

I worked at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked for 5 companies over the past 10 years and this is by far the best company I've ever worked for. They have built a fun and exciting culture. During previous Sales positions, I've had to cold call for new business. It's refreshing to reach out to customers that have requested to be contacted by you. The company is built on honest and integrity and always do the right thing by the employees and their customers. They put together a number of fun and exciting events and contests for their teams to help provide motivation and a positive environment.

Cons

The Mortgage industry can fluctuate based on market conditions, which can create a more competitive environment during more difficult times.

I was very unhappy with my experience at this company.

Former Employee - Senior Mortgage Loan Processor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Mortgage Loan Processor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

No cap on OT. Bonus structure was nothing like I have ever seen at a mortgage company.

Cons

No true immediate managerial support, no feeling of a true "Team", overall environment too much like high school.

Hands down the best mortgage company bar none!

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Technology is extremely advanced and cutting edge. Click to dial from your mouse, 3 monitors, login capability from home, personal website, personal videos emailed out to potential clients. The quality and amount of leads we were provided with was superior to other lenders I worked for in the past. Overall morale and atmosphere around the office was very positive and the company contests and outings were always a huge plus.

Cons

Only con was working longer some nights than I would have liked to but I was making around $7-11K a month so I shouldn't really complain. I only left because I was offered a job outside of the industry that let me work from home.

Continue asking for employees feedback. As a loan originator I was able to attend upper mgmt meetings to listen in on what they dealt with as well giving them my advice on how improve stuff. I was able to see things better from their point of view and they could understand how I saw things in my position better.

Mortgage Banker

I worked at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good money, great stepping stone to next job, lots of fun company outings/gatherings, management

Cons

boring industry, one sales manager (former.. moved into another department halfway through my employment), not great sales experience because the product just sells itself, very high turnover, up and down industry, commission structure changed frequently and no room for growth in the company.. pretty much everyone (including myself) that works there moves on within a year or 2.

when the market slowed they just immediatly cut employees and dropped all of the fun stuff we used to do.. used to go to bball games, bowling, dinner, drinks.. then all the sudden it was like everyone left or was laid off and they took away all the cool stuff about working there

Terrible place to work.

Former Employee - Processor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Processor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Seems to have up to date technology.

Cons

No training, Expected to know their systems when you walk thru the door. Poor management. Never know when you will be able to leave in the evening. Told each of us need to have a work/family balance, but are constantly pushed to do more which means working more. Small cubicles. Very loud on floor

STOP with the daily pep rallies. We don't need to hear on a daily basis how great this company is. WCM is not all that.

Great company to work for in the beginning, then a great decline in overall moral.

I worked at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time

Pros

Medical Benefits, Marketing Department was top notch for the amount of work they did. Technology helped. Fun and cool coworkers.

Cons

Constant change and never let any prior changes settle to determine if they were effective. Lack of communication, poor decisions by mgmt, micro managed A LOT. Very closed minded to others ideas or suggestions. Didn't treat employees all that great. Thought Management would/should have made better decisions and never knew what was coming next or around the corner. There was a surprise of layoffs a few times. Company canceled 401k matching and prior to that didn't have a 401k before for a year due to a bad commitment by mgmt. Poor transparency and some shady stuff that went on. If you are a LO, prepare to work until 8pm every day except Friday and a 4hr shift Saturday. Mgmt almost makes you feel guilty for leaving before 7:30pm. No life-work balance even though they preach you should have it you don't. Immediate Managers slow to react on important items in my situation.

Treat people as you want to be treated. Loosen up on some of the stuff or you will continue to have a revolving door. Allow people the room and time to get what they need to done. A better schedule that still would require results can work. Control money/company spending better.

Life as a loan processor

Current Employee - Loan Processor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Loan Processor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, team leads are very approachable and supportive

Cons

Micromanaged a bit much, expect more than most companies

Unsatisfied with the experience

I worked at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Technology was the best thing about it.
    Plenty of leads not necessarily good though

Cons

Micromanaged way too much on it's employees

ease up