Wyndham Vacation

Wyndham Vacation Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Wyndham Vacation President & CEO Franz S. Hanning

Franz S. Hanning

Pros
  • Great benefits, promotion opportunities, ability to work without micro management(in 17 reviews)

• Work/Life balance, Associate groups, ability to learn(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management clearly plays favoritism (as long as you make them money)(in 8 reviews)

• and have been reported but no one is doing anything about it(in 5 reviews)

Unethical !!!

Owner Care (Former Employee)

ProsPay was fair but it came with a price of lying to owners and staying hush hush on upcoming contract changes that was gonna squeeze even more money out of owners savings accounts !!

ConsThe Wyndham Vacation Ownership is built around lies, scams and unethical practices. I worked for the company for slmost 5 years and I seen more heartbreak than happiness. The majority of the owners are elderly. The reason is that their credit scores are the highest. I spoke to many owners who were foreclosed on and filed bankruptcy due to Wyndham lies about cancellation policies on contracts. The owners get back from their so called "Wyndham vacation" only to find that the cancel window for the new 50, 60, 70, 80,000 dollars and even higher contracts that they were all but beat up to buy while there by the sales team, ended during their vacation. The owners sll get the same answer when they call in for help and thats Wyndham won't help and if youu can't afford it you can sell it. Have you seen the resell on timeshare lately? People can't even hardly give them away !!! Shame on you Wyndham ! I hope that all these lawsuits finally go through some day and you get a tsste of your own medicine when have to file bankruptcy yourself !

Advice to Senior ManagementHere's some advice for you. Stop screwing people out of their retirement money ! Stop lying about the cancellation window ! Stop preying on the elderly !

Terrible upper Management

Sales Executive (Former Employee) Oceanside, CA

ProsFellow employees great to work with

ConsNo humanity to speak of, if you don't follow the rules exactly like the SOP's are written, you are written up and your job is threatened. Failure to do this will result in this!! That seems to be the only thing they know how to say!!

Advice to Senior ManagementThrow away your stupid SOP's and learn to manage by sitting down and listening to your staff. Not everyone fits in your cookie cutter rule book

Stay Away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe facilities. Some of the people were great.

ConsWyndham Vacation Ownership is one of the most unprofessional and disorganized companies I've ever had the displeasure of working for. I worked in "headquarters" in the Orlando office, and the "team" I was a part of was like the mean girls club in high school. If you were not liked, you were harrassed, watched and micromanaged. Some team members got away with in-your-face disrespect and a laisez-faire attitude toward their work while others were not allowed to make a single mistake. This was like this in many other areas of the company as well. They reward bad standards while hiding behind their phoney "Count On Me" values. It is a timeshare company, which sells owners overpriced "dreams". The same type of unscrupulous tactics, nastiness and disregard towards peoples' welfare exists in corporate as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive by the same "Count on Me" values you force upon your employees. Lead by example. If you are not exhibiting respect and "building trust", then how can you expect others to do the same?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

In house sales

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Sevierville, TN

ProsHave made great money and met awesome people. Great health benefits and 401 retirement. Use to be good place work!

ConsHigh stress, lots of politics and favorites. Rules change weekly depending who.you are. Managers can't do anything but run work sheets.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerception is reality, keep rules same for everyone.

Good People Outside My Department

Accountant (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsFor my department in the company, it has a good work-life balance, flexible schedules, enjoyed getting to know the people outside my department.

ConsThe office culture within my department has been difficult. This is an environment where without a connection, I have had a hard time even learning my job duties.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the office culture. Stop taking away benefits for strategic purposes because you are changing the overall employee satisfaction.

Disappointing

Proscompensation is average for the industry

Consvery political. Only advance if young and part of the "in-group"

Great place to learn about customer service and the time share industry.

Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) Pompano Beach, FL

ProsTerrific Benefits, Competitive pay, Good atmosphere

ConsCan be stressful at times.

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagement willing to work with and help you. Great co workers. Uniforms and good cold weather gear was all provided at above expected level. Benefits kick in fast (but not the best). All round treated good.

ConsBenefits have way high co pay and very expensive every check. Unless corporate or sales you dont make a lot of money.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake advice from the people doing the job before making bi changes in the way they do the job.

Community Marketing Specialist

Community Marketing Specialist (Former Employee)

Pros- great commission plan, I had made over 6 digits a year
    - pretty relaxed environment
    - lots of spiffs: monthly, quarterly, yearly
    - great benefits

Cons- lack of formal training
    - team meetings are a waste of time

Wyndham Vacation Ownership Sales, Worldmark, In-house sales

In House Sales Executive (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, they have a excellent employee support system. Very good online continuing education. Health benefits are excellent. benefits start as early as the following month. You are given lots of support to pursue other opportunities. Sales commissions are competitive in the industry. There are a large number of Resort locations to choose from for job opportunities. Employee rates for Hotel and Resort stays are really good.

ConsQuestionable sales techniques. Marketing not making it fully clear to owners, when booking a tour, that it is a sales presentation as well as an Owner update

Worked for Wyndham Vacation? Contribute to the Community!