Wyndham Vacation

Updated January 29, 2015
3.2

Wyndham Vacation President & CEO Franz S. Hanning
Franz S. Hanning

Pros
  • Great benefits, promotion opportunities, ability to work without micro management (in 20 reviews)

• Provides a sound work environment, and focus on work life balance (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management clearly plays favoritism (as long as you make them money) (in 8 reviews)

• This is a very high pressure sales situation with secrecy between the sales staff and clients (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

This is an allstar company to work for!

Current Employee - Guest Services Associate in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Guest Services Associate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation

Pros

High postive energy, great team atmosphere, wonderful vibes.

Cons

Guests have bitter feelings about past timeshare sales presentations.

Keep up the great work, and positive changes.

Save 6 mos Salary Before Starting

Current Employee - Timeshare Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Timeshare Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation

Pros

Great pay if you are selling. Horrible pay if you are not selling.

Cons

Minimum wage on a draw.

Good Sales Job

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation

Pros

They deliver on pretty much everything they promise. They will try to hype up the potential salary and spin everything positively when it comes to the commissions pay structure, but of course they do. They'll hire you if you look employable and are honest.

Cons

The draw is terrible if you have a dry spell. There are constantly things changing, which can be a con if you're used to coming in and never changing day after day. They ask you to do a lot of work you are not paid for in your commission. Overall the commissions and bonuses are very lucrative, but you've gotta be a great salesman.

Although I work relatively short hours, I'd like to get paid actual money for the constant stuff I'm required to do that has nothing to do with the selling. At my office you guys have created a very good culture though, I look forward to coming into work the majority of the days.

Tremendous, caring company despite worldwide size

Current Employee - Guest Service Associate
    Current Employee - Guest Service Associate

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits from paying 100% college tuition to discounts on home decor and furnishings to electronics and oil changes, etc. Will launch you into the career of your dreams.

Cons

I have yet to find any thus far

Our "working class" employees such as housekeeping, maintenance, as well as custodial deserve the respect that us higher chain employees receive.

Extremely fast paced, roller coater, exciting experience.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Destin, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Destin, FL

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, challenging, great hours, fun,

Cons

Very competitive, possibly not a career

Better qualified tours, give the ability to stay longer if having trouble selling.

Challenging work environment with ability to grow.

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation

Pros

Challenging, results-driven work environment, Growth

Cons

Constant pressure, hard to have work/life balance.

No suggestions.

reservations department for time share program

Former Employee - Reservation Coordinator in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

very good overall support when getting started

Cons

not enough technical training on computer reservation system when first getting started, it is almost all on the job training. computer software for reservations very outdated, pre-WINDOWS, have to remember a lot of codes and key strokes to work on a reservation for the time share promotion program.

either update the computer software for reservations or give more intensive training to new employees. the frustration level for many new employees trying to learn the software is very high, which causes a lot of turnover

reservation coordinator

I worked at Wyndham Vacation

Pros

very good overall support when first hired

Cons

computer reservation software ver outdated, pre-WINDOWS, a lot of codes and keystrokes to remember. Initial training on software minimal, mostly on the job.

Need to update reservation software or give more thorough initial training for new employees. High frustation level of new employees which can cause a high turnover.

Outbound Owner Referral/Prospect Sales Specialist

Former Employee - Owner Referral & Prospect Outbound Telesales in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Owner Referral & Prospect Outbound Telesales in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wyndham Vacation

Pros

There is possibility to make good money. The benefits are the best and you get medical on the 1st day of the following month of hire. You can work weekends if you need to make up sales or hours. Good people for the most part.

Cons

The supervisors and managers are too young and really don't know how to manage employees or coach for success. They don't do much but walk around clap and yell for us to make a sales, and acting like clowns. I'm embarrassed to be associated at times.
    Huge Favoritism going on, they don't care about your skills or how much you can sell all they care about is taking care of the friends and family that are being hired. Everyone is suppose to begin on the outbound cold calling team; however, I have witnessed new employees being hired directly into other teams which are better campaigns than owner referral and prospects, and they are the teams making the money. Outbound prospects and owner referral are struggling to make the minimum quota each each week. I've never in my life seen such a high turnover. And when you ask how to get to the next level they say "you have to work Saturday and Sunday" in order to make good numbers for the week and then you might get the other campaigns.
    Don't expect to learn anything in training, it's a complete waste of your time. New people also get hired right into day shift which everyone wants, or they select their favorites to be moved into day shift which causes a lot of discontent and they can't seem to figure out why nobody appears happy.

Stop walking around and screaming, yelling, and acting like high school boys. Grow up and act professional and monitor and coach your employees to succeed, then you can stop the constant interviewing.
    Be honest when interviewing candidates, let them know that it's really tough to make your numbers on the outbound prospect/owner referral team unless you work Saturday and Sunday and then you could be put on more lucrative campaigns. Tell them upfront that you must have 6 sales per week for a total of $180 in addition to the $8.25 per hour wage, and let them know that unless they hit 4 sales they won't get paid on the first 3 sales.
    Hire people with the right skills into training and management positions, don't just put out a posting and then select someone that meets none of the qualifications.

Flagship fundamentals, deeply experienced Sales, Inv Mgt, Mktg, Lead Gen and PM. If you can add value here you're set.

I worked at Wyndham Vacation

Pros

Infrastructure
    Fundamentals
    Scale
    Resources
    Financial depth

They enable top performers to innovate new ways to drive value.

Cons

Can get lost in the noise, need to stand out w/ strong value demonstration