Wyndham Vacation

Updated November 19, 2014
3.2

Wyndham Vacation President & CEO Franz S. Hanning
Franz S. Hanning

Pros
  • Great benefits, promotion opportunities, ability to work without micro management (in 16 reviews)

• Provides a sound work environment, and focus on work life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management clearly plays favoritism (as long as you make them money) (in 8 reviews)

• This is a very high pressure sales situation with secrecy between the sales staff and clients (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Hospitality company to work for.

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

.Promotions from within the company.

Cons

Pay rate is below average.

Consider compensation increase for line employees.

If you like a "what have you done for me lately" atmosphere that pays you based on performance, this company is it

Former Employee - In House Marketing
    Former Employee - In House Marketing

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You can create your own paycheck at Wyndham. Which if you are PROVEN WINNER then it is a great match. The company pays well if you perform extremely well. The training is top notch and the culture is fun. The company overall is a fast past paced "lets get this money" type of company. The benefits are great and they 100 % match your 401k up to 6% of your salary. Good travel perks as well.

Cons

You work in the vacation industry but you won't take many vacations. Wyndham is open 24/7 - 365. You will work on every holiday in this company and it is frowned upon when you try to schedule those days off. The turnover at this company is extremely high in sales and marketing. There is no reason to make friends with people who are in their 1st year, they usually won't make it. This is commission sales and marketing and only the top dogs eat. If you are a puppy don't apply to Wyndham. If you are in the marketing department your social life is officially over. You will work EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND and you will work until at least 11 pm on FRI, SAT and SUN because that is where all the money is made.

Stop allowing people to be promoted because of friendships they have while allowing true talent to be overlooked. People who have exceeded in their jobs year over year should be given a true chance to be promoted. There is a "buddy system" within Wyndham that needs to come to an end for the further advancement of the brand. Managers and Directors at sites should not have so much influence in a persons career advancement. They have no desire to watch their top performers move on to better positions if your leaving would hurt the teams performance and put their job in jeopardy. I left the company because of this very reason. I was the top performer at my site for 4 years straight and they couldn't afford to let me leave so they sabotaged every opportunity I applied for, I even had one director tell me that he "can't let me leave". Coincidentally I didn't even get a interview for several positions even after I was told to apply by the person who made the hiring decisions. That crap has to stop.

Great Company with Advancement Opportunities

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits (medical and dental).
    Flexible Schedule.
    Great work-life balance.
    Tuition Reimbursement.
    401k.
    On the job training.
    Promotes from within.

Cons

Weekends is a must.
    Some sites hard to transfer to different depts.
    Non-contributing employees are kept longer than necessary.

Develop your strongest candidates.

Sales Represenative

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

By far you have the ability to make ALOT of money. The sales process is great and can transfer to any other sales job. the management staff are great at what they do, and give you alot to learn.

Cons

You're either extremely broke or with more money than youve ever had. I also feel that marketing should qualify the tours much more before they can attend

The draw pay is the worst idea ever. just give a same minimum wage.

Excellent place to grow and learn

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Wyndham Vacation

Pros

The grown opportunities are great, allot of people to learn from and new experiences. Awesome benefits.

Cons

Definitely a large company, very political and full of corporate clicks. They want you to move alot.

Some people at higher levels are extremely political, they over look great talent and performance for the suck ups. Get our of the high school popularity game and get into the professional world.

horrible!

Current Employee - Tour Receptionist in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Tour Receptionist in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As much overtime as you want

Cons

You never know what time you're getting off of work, sales managers are racist and con artist

Love the people

Former Employee - Sales Representative in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in North Myrtle Beach, Horry, SC

I worked at Wyndham Vacation (more than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere. If you can go a while wothout money- definitely give it a try!

Cons

Draw against commission!

Give sales rep a weekly salary so they can survive during slow season

Very competitive with very high turn over, top performers are rewarded; low performers are let go

Current Employee - Community Marketing Agent in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Community Marketing Agent in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management is very helpful as their pay depends on the number tours that are booked, they are willing to offer specific training for your needs and can be very helpful. Hours are decent with shifts running from 7 am - 2 pm or 2 pm to 9 pm.

Cons

Very competitive, and very stressful. If you do not book a certain amount of tours per week you will be making less than minimum wage

Great company, great culture,

Former Employee - Front Line Sales Representative in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Former Employee - Front Line Sales Representative in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is such a fun company to work for. The management and people who work there are very laid back and funny. The pay can be good depending how successful you are. You really just need a few excellent months to make money. It is a industry leader with large market share. Time off is easy to get.

Cons

If you are not good, you will not make money, 100% commission. Things are constantly changing.

Interview experience

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation

Pros

Like the culture. People are nice.

Cons

May want to describe the whole interview process more.