Wyndham Vacation Reviews

Reset
3.5
Wyndham Vacation President & CEO Franz S. Hanning
Franz S. Hanning

Pros
  • Great benefits starts immediately after 45 days (in 20 reviews)

• Team focused environment, work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Huge disconnect with upper management (in 8 reviews)

• This is a very high pressure sales situation with secrecy between the sales staff and clients (in 5 reviews)

1. Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Wyndham Vacation Ownership is a great place to work. Opportunities for advancement are outstanding, as is the level of professional development offered. Wyndham also provides a good work/life balance, allowing plenty of opportunities for mobile work, whether it be via VPN, blackberry, or just sitting outside working on a laptop, enjoying the sun. Management is competent, and for the most part is focused on improving shareholder value at all levels.

Cons

The investment banking community has very unfavorable views on timeshare. It is an uphill battle to pursuade them of the value proposition offered.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work in this tough environment in 2008. Going forward, I believe their endeavors will pay off.

2. Awesome opportunity. I love the people, company, benefits and the whole atmosphere.

Current Employee - CMA in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - CMA in Honolulu, HI

Pros

The people, compensation and benefits. The management treats us regular employees with respect and there is an overall feeling of cooperation and family within the company. I would recommend this company to all my friends. I truly believe in the company and its products.

Cons

I can't find anything much wrong with my job. It is a high pressure job but they let you know that way before you even begin the application process. I signed up for it because I knew I could perform. I surely don't expect to lounge around and get paid for it...that is not what work is about. It is about working hard and getting paid well for it. Wyndham offers me that and also surrounds me with managers and coworkers who are supportive of me and want nothing more than for me to succeed. They are going to have to fire me because I love this company and I plan to retire here. :)

Advice to Management

Whatever it is you are doing...keep doing it. :) I guess there is always room for improvement but it is nothing I can see right now. Love the company and the work environment.

Love my job... great support and competitive compensation!

Current Employee - Manager in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Manager in Springfield, MO

Pros

Very supportive leadership team. Benefits are available quickly after hire and are easily affordable. Compensation is good and opportunities are available throughout the company.

Cons

Some of the partner sites can be a little self-serving. Not offering relocation packages at lower levels can make it difficult for some people to begin work with the company if they don't live near a local office.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open communication and great support system which you have created! Wyndham has provided me a great career where I am more than just satisfied.

Great place to work with a great goup of co-workers

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Good hours. big bonuses . Beautiful work environment, very plush. Excellent benefits with short wait period. Lots of training and support to help you be successful . Very positive and fun atmosphere to work. Improve peoples lives and family time.

Cons

commission based pay. Alot of rejection from people you talk to. Sales can cancel up to a year with your pay deducted. You have to be thick skinned and persistant to sell .

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed working on the sales line. Skills I learned in training will improve my personal and professional life forever. The only advice I could say is to bring back the hourly wage in case you don't have a sale that week.

6. Great

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

Pros

Big Money to made at Wyndham

Cons

No Tours at Some Resorts

Advice to Management

Hire Proven Sales People

7. Wyndham Vacation Ownership elevated my design career beyond what a small private design firm could.

Former Employee - Designer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Designer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredible Management I was given a large amount of responsibility quickly. This allowed me to showcase my strength, which my department head recognized with a pay increase and title promotion. Due to the immense workload, I was able to work with several different client personality types, which challenged me and ultimately made me a more well rounded design professinal. The company encouraged and promoted vacations

Cons

Overwhelming Workload Heavy Travel Schedule Demanding and often difficult timelines Tight budgets

8. Midwest Regional Promotions Manager

Former Employee - Regional Promotions Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Regional Promotions Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company to Work For

Cons

Extremely Volatile to Production Numbers. Better have your bags packed for relocation. Happens Often!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good performance! Hey you are already the largest in the World!

9. great place

Current Employee - Owner Care in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Owner Care in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

hard work is noticed and rewarded

Cons

some of mangers pick favorites

Advice to Management

doing good keep it up

Great place to work

Current Employee - Owner Upgrade Sales in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Owner Upgrade Sales in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sales tools, company culture, team environment, management very positive and supportive, fun, amazing earning potential, excellent company benefits.

Cons

Telesales, so high turnover, can be mentally tiring as job requires tremendous focus and energy.

Working for Wyndham provides many opportunities!

Current Employee - Team Lead in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Room for growth. Promotion is encouraged. Team Members seem engaged in doing the best they can. Company benefits are really good and the corporate office atmosphere is amazing.

Cons

Outdated Software and Salary based on industry average seems to be on the lower side of the scale could be higher based on responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Profit Sharing would be a great incentive!

RSS Feed </> Embed