Wyndham Vacation

Updated September 10, 2014
3.2

Wyndham Vacation President & CEO Franz S. Hanning
Franz S. Hanning

Pros
  • Great benefits, promotion opportunities, ability to work without micro management (in 17 reviews)

• Work/Life balance, Associate groups, ability to learn (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management clearly plays favoritism (as long as you make them money) (in 8 reviews)

• and have been reported but no one is doing anything about it (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

An entry level position where you're trained to convince everyone that they should attend a timeshare presentation.

Former Employee - Marketer  in  New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Marketer in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a great opportunity to make money right off the bat, based on how well you've been trained and how eager you are to work. The hours aren't too bad, about 35 hours a week in Marketing. Sales will vary. You have to be tenacious and willing to ask what others won't because that's where the money is hiding. Management keeps marketers invested by throwing out spiffs every so often in order to have people who succeed and people who use their competition to succeed next time.

Cons

You have to convince people to do something that they don't want to do most of the time. It's difficult to self motivate when everyone around you is a shark and wanting to beat you at getting more money than you. There's always only so much that can be done you have to be super creative in finding ways to make more money.

Where I worked, the management did everything to make money (their commission was based on our commission) but they didn't want to work for it. They often used their team against each other and it caused a lot of issues. They wanted us to be leaders but didn't teach us how. They have to get their act together or else they'll keep having to hire new people.

Internship at Wyndham VO

Former Employee - Internal Audit Intern  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Internal Audit Intern in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wyndham Vacation as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I met amazing and friendly staff during my Summer internship, received hands-on, real-life experience. I always felt involved and cared for. Top management performed "Round Table" experience which I found extremely valuable. Definitely will be checking back for a job. Loved it.

Cons

During internship was involved in few students projects that were outside of actual profession, sometimes felt like did not have enough time to accomplish work.

Keep being supportive, involve students in professional projects.

WVO Sales Rep

Current Employee - Front Line Sales Representative  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Front Line Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part about being a Front-Line Sales Rep is the unlimited ceiling in pay. You can make upwards of six figures if you put your mind to it. Also the hours are very minimal, maybe 30 a week. You can literally make $10k in one day in 5 hours of work.

Cons

Although the pay to hours worked ratio are very attractive, the pay is still feast or famine. It is very unpredictable and the higher ups are only concerned with company profit, not employee pay. If you don't sell you don't get paid. That's right: not paid at all!

The employee should be put ahead of profit, bottom line.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Accountant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gain toms of knowledge of the industry.
    Salaries are comparable to the market.

Cons

Some managers are only looking out for themselves.

Hire from within.

Micro-Management to the extreme

Current Employee - Finance Department  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Finance Department in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They feed us good and they keep the office clean.

Cons

Micro-Management
    Favoritism
    Too much red tape
    Stressful
    Unqualified and Inadequate Managers

First-off, I'm a performing current employee, not someone who got fired and looking to bad mouth the company.

Have more faith in your staff. Don't try to suffocate employees with too much direction. And try to promote withing based on performance and not on friendship.

New company, new vision

Former Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people to work with, fun, uplifting environment. Working with Sales teams was always a what can we accomplish, not what will hold us back

Cons

It was clear that once Wyndham purchased Trendwest, we were all expendable. Three corporate offices were too many

Terrible Company

Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good travel benefits. And ok pay considering the area.

Cons

Long work hours. Change shift without notice. And management talks down to you all the time!

Treat your employees like actual people, not scum on your shoe.

great potential

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time for less than a year

Pros

if you are all about the money

Cons

sales force satisfaction is low

Missing metrix is sales floor satisfaction.

Great company

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Sevierville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Sevierville, TN

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, not typical 9 to 5.

Cons

commission only, draw pay back

Happy Employee that knows hard work and a great attitude is what keeps it moving forward

Current Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been promoted twice in 11 months since starting with the company. Opportunities were always presented to me and my leadership was constantly checking in on my development (supervisor, manager AND director.) New positions are being created that will help growth and promotes movement from within. Wyndham is set on developing their employees to be successful and happy leaders that will help this company continue to improve. I have already had almost 3 weeks of paid time off and have gotten to stay at 2 of our resorts for FREE with the help of amazing programs for employees that are willing to put in the time and effort. This company sends care packages and holds contests to keep their At-Home agents involved and connected with their coworkers.

Cons

Owners can get rude and nasty but OUR JOBS are meant to help explain the product and get them to unlock the full potential of their ownership. This is not for the weak, because owners will smell that and tear you apart....

i keep reading that some employees feel they get overlooked for promotions because they aren't the favorite or they can't find a good work-home balance because of time off.... Wyndham speaks about personal brand from the moment you get hired. Networking is a key factor to your success with the company, if you are shy, awkward and hate the sight of people then THIS COMPANY IS NOT FOR YOU. If you are not flexible and you don't plan ahead to take time off for appointments or family events then you will probably not do well in CORPORATE AMERICA. If you don't agree then you haven't realized the competitive nature of today's workforce and how it gets down to "survival of the fittest" or better yet those willing to go the extra mile.

Continue to develop programs for your employees to grow and learn to rise in the ranks of the company, such as the Job Enrichment that helped kick start my transition into new roles. CONTINUE to target employees that are unhappy and dissatisfied with their roles and see if there is a better fit for them whether it's with Wyndham or not.

Worked for Wyndham Vacation? Contribute to the Community!