Wyndham Vacation

www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com
Employer Engaged

I did the work, the old guys were stuck up and picky.

Former Employee - Carpenter, Painter Helper in Flagstaff, AZ
    Former Employee - Carpenter, Painter Helper in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Wyndham Vacation

Pros

It's a good company, good vacation resort, was proud to work for them.

Cons

The people running it suck.

even magagement sucks.

Fun Place to Work

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation

Pros

High Energy
    Competitive
    Fun
    If you are a high performer you will be rewarded

Cons

Constant changes, some are not necessarily a bad thing but you must be able to deal with constant change to make it here.

Terrible culture

Current Employee - Sales Representative in East Stroudsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in East Stroudsburg, PA

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None whatsoever. Stay away if possible

Cons

office culture, pay, terrible management

Go home

Great culture, amazing employee relationships, financially frustrating at time.

Current Employee - Front Line Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Front Line Sales Representative

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time

Pros

Everyone is willing to give advise and help. Can be great pay if you can sell. Great hours. Guaranteed guests to sell to (most of the year). Management is great.

Cons

Draw pay backs- spend 6 months making money, 6 month paying the company back for the slower months. Poor marketing qualifications. No PTO/little time off, which is funny granted your job is to sell the importance of taking time off.

You advertise to employees this industries closing percentage is average of 10-15%. Don't say that's the expectation then beat up your reps for a missed sale 100% of the time.

Very poor management and high turnaround

Current Employee - Manifestor in Destin, FL
    Current Employee - Manifestor in Destin, FL

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits are not bad. Cigna medical and dental PPO. VSP vision. Generous discounts on Wyndham rentals and hotels. Meals and beverages provided while working which is almost unheard of in any other occupation today. If you work in a job that is not sales or marketing directly, work hard and make a good impression to get on the good side of your team.

Cons

At the site level, the only accountability is held with the sales and marketing teams. Everyone else is held to little or no standards. The managers like it when you make their workflow easier. In other words, you have to micro manage yourself to ensure payroll, PTO, schedules are always correct. C.Y.A as they say.

Develop a plan to improve the retention rates of the employees who are not on a commission compensation plan. i.e. Hourly or salaried only. Consider improving the IT infrastructure at the sites. Bandwidth often is poor and the software often has too many issues to make doing your job go smoothly.

Call center environment

I worked at Wyndham Vacation

Pros

You're given half cubicle to do your work in
    Breaks are encouraged
    Overtime is a possibility when help is needed
    virtual schedule

Cons

No opportunities for growth
    Pay could be better
    Lots of training
    Lots of information to memorize
    No room for slack
    Weekly meetings with supervisor and QA

High potential for the right sales/marketing driven person/Average for other positions.

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Insurance is good, but costly.
    If you are successful in Marketimg or Sales, you can have insane earning potential!

Cons

Sales and Marketing are favored. Other departments have low pay and high stress.

Can be good, but mostly bad.

Current Employee - Community Marketing Agent
    Current Employee - Community Marketing Agent

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. Potential to make a lot of money if you're a high performer.

Cons

Extremely high turnover rate. Management tactics borders on abusive. Absolutely dispensable to the company if you're not performing. Major favoritism between management and employee. Overlooks talent.

Invest more in already trained employees, instead of the high amount of newly hired trainees.

If you like a "what have you done for me lately" atmosphere that pays you based on performance, this company is it

Former Employee - In House Marketing
    Former Employee - In House Marketing

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You can create your own paycheck at Wyndham. Which if you are PROVEN WINNER then it is a great match. The company pays well if you perform extremely well. The training is top notch and the culture is fun. The company overall is a fast past paced "lets get this money" type of company. The benefits are great and they 100 % match your 401k up to 6% of your salary. Good travel perks as well.

Cons

You work in the vacation industry but you won't take many vacations. Wyndham is open 24/7 - 365. You will work on every holiday in this company and it is frowned upon when you try to schedule those days off. The turnover at this company is extremely high in sales and marketing. There is no reason to make friends with people who are in their 1st year, they usually won't make it. This is commission sales and marketing and only the top dogs eat. If you are a puppy don't apply to Wyndham. If you are in the marketing department your social life is officially over. You will work EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND and you will work until at least 11 pm on FRI, SAT and SUN because that is where all the money is made.

Stop allowing people to be promoted because of friendships they have while allowing true talent to be overlooked. People who have exceeded in their jobs year over year should be given a true chance to be promoted. There is a "buddy system" within Wyndham that needs to come to an end for the further advancement of the brand. Managers and Directors at sites should not have so much influence in a persons career advancement. They have no desire to watch their top performers move on to better positions if your leaving would hurt the teams performance and put their job in jeopardy. I left the company because of this very reason. I was the top performer at my site for 4 years straight and they couldn't afford to let me leave so they sabotaged every opportunity I applied for, I even had one director tell me that he "can't let me leave". Coincidentally I didn't even get a interview for several positions even after I was told to apply by the person who made the hiring decisions. That crap has to stop.

Great Company with Advancement Opportunities

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits (medical and dental).
    Flexible Schedule.
    Great work-life balance.
    Tuition Reimbursement.
    401k.
    On the job training.
    Promotes from within.

Cons

Weekends is a must.
    Some sites hard to transfer to different depts.
    Non-contributing employees are kept longer than necessary.

Develop your strongest candidates.