Wyndham Vacation

Updated December 12, 2014
3.2

Wyndham Vacation President & CEO Franz S. Hanning
Franz S. Hanning

Pros
  • Great benefits, promotion opportunities, ability to work without micro management (in 20 reviews)

• Provides a sound work environment, and focus on work life balance (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management clearly plays favoritism (as long as you make them money) (in 8 reviews)

• This is a very high pressure sales situation with secrecy between the sales staff and clients (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Accountant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Accountant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Gain toms of knowledge of the industry.
    Salaries are comparable to the market.

Cons

Some managers are only looking out for themselves.

Hire from within.

Garbage

I worked at Wyndham Vacation

Pros

I can't think of any pros off hand... maybe some will come to me... nope, still nothing. Pretty much all Cons...

Cons

This company is going downhill in a hurry for its employees. Each time their stock raises they lower commissions and raise bonus hurdles. Not to mention that they purposely dilute the sales floor each year just to turn around and fire 75% of the reps in the off-season. After you have a few good months here, expect to only make $7.25 an hour (in which you'll have to pay back to them) for several months in the off-season if you aren't fired before that. You can however, expect a dishonest and unprofessional work place and considering that Wyndham was originally Cendant Corporation, you can bet that there are plenty of unethical business practices in place from a corporate standpoint as well. But don't worry, you the rep will always take the fall for the manager because you are more expendable than them. Hope this helps someone who would've otherwise chose this job over any other possible career option.

Get out while you can.

Great company

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Sevierville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Sevierville, TN

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility, not typical 9 to 5.

Cons

commission only, draw pay back

It was a pleasant experience a better one if you have a good supervisor. owners suck though.

Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are amazing, pay is great. sends holiday gift to at home agents.

Cons

Owners suck and put your spirits down, sales will tell them lies and let you take the hit when customers are rage with anger.

not sure.

Flactuating pay plan every quarter, sometimes hard to make money

Former Employee - In-House Marketing Coordinator in Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - In-House Marketing Coordinator in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pays every week which is nice. Full health but no 401k. Good easy money during season.

Cons

Off season money can be meager. Changing pay plan dependent on company "forecasting"

Better training sessions instead of talking about numbers

WVO Sales Rep

Current Employee - Front Line Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Front Line Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best part about being a Front-Line Sales Rep is the unlimited ceiling in pay. You can make upwards of six figures if you put your mind to it. Also the hours are very minimal, maybe 30 a week. You can literally make $10k in one day in 5 hours of work.

Cons

Although the pay to hours worked ratio are very attractive, the pay is still feast or famine. It is very unpredictable and the higher ups are only concerned with company profit, not employee pay. If you don't sell you don't get paid. That's right: not paid at all!

The employee should be put ahead of profit, bottom line.

New company, new vision

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, fun, uplifting environment. Working with Sales teams was always a what can we accomplish, not what will hold us back

Cons

It was clear that once Wyndham purchased Trendwest, we were all expendable. Three corporate offices were too many

great potential

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

if you are all about the money

Cons

sales force satisfaction is low

Missing metrix is sales floor satisfaction.

Happy Employee that knows hard work and a great attitude is what keeps it moving forward

Current Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been promoted twice in 11 months since starting with the company. Opportunities were always presented to me and my leadership was constantly checking in on my development (supervisor, manager AND director.) New positions are being created that will help growth and promotes movement from within. Wyndham is set on developing their employees to be successful and happy leaders that will help this company continue to improve. I have already had almost 3 weeks of paid time off and have gotten to stay at 2 of our resorts for FREE with the help of amazing programs for employees that are willing to put in the time and effort. This company sends care packages and holds contests to keep their At-Home agents involved and connected with their coworkers.

Cons

Owners can get rude and nasty but OUR JOBS are meant to help explain the product and get them to unlock the full potential of their ownership. This is not for the weak, because owners will smell that and tear you apart....

i keep reading that some employees feel they get overlooked for promotions because they aren't the favorite or they can't find a good work-home balance because of time off.... Wyndham speaks about personal brand from the moment you get hired. Networking is a key factor to your success with the company, if you are shy, awkward and hate the sight of people then THIS COMPANY IS NOT FOR YOU. If you are not flexible and you don't plan ahead to take time off for appointments or family events then you will probably not do well in CORPORATE AMERICA. If you don't agree then you haven't realized the competitive nature of today's workforce and how it gets down to "survival of the fittest" or better yet those willing to go the extra mile.

Continue to develop programs for your employees to grow and learn to rise in the ranks of the company, such as the Job Enrichment that helped kick start my transition into new roles. CONTINUE to target employees that are unhappy and dissatisfied with their roles and see if there is a better fit for them whether it's with Wyndham or not.

Great

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time

Pros

Lots of vacation and personal time

Cons

long hours, picky timeshare owners