Wyndham Worldwide

Wyndham Worldwide Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Wyndham Worldwide Chairman and CEO Stephen P. Holmes

Stephen P. Holmes

Pros:
  • "Team collaboration, great benefits, great culture, work life balance"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Coworkers were great, benefits were very good, work-life balance was alright"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Any example of Work/Life balance and/or Diversity is only for show and not an integral part of the culture"
    in 5 reviews
  • "it senior management does not show much respect for mid level managers or people in the trenches"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Wyndham Worldwide is a great place to work and continues to be awarded as the 'best place to work for in NJ

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe pros to working for Wyndham is its great senior management team, flexible work hours and a team of caring associates

ConsThe cons to working for Wyndham is the office politics that you might sometime encounter within different business units

Advice to Senior ManagementSince Wyndham is a great company to work for, the only advice to management is to continue to provide associates with the tools to succeed and grow

Excellent company

Community Marketing Agent (Current Employee)
Destin, FL

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits, tuition reimbursement etc.

ConsProfits over employees in Destin, FL but the opportunity to transfer overcomes the mid management crisis that exists.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more, speak less. Corporate audit of operational procedures and biased promotions.

Be Careful in making your employment decision

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGlobal Company with lots of brands

ConsThey do not care about their customers or employees. It is always about making the numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreasure your employees instead of constantly throwing them under the bus.

Culture is fear-based

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time

ProsBuild your experience, your connections

ConsHR rules and it's not pretty. Lots of teambuilding and educational seminars and encouragement to "grow," but if your boss behaves badly, please look the other way, and don't take the HR folks up on their promise to ensure "Wyntegrity" (favoritism, unethical conduct, etc). They'll discipline you for whistle-blowing. Kind of scary for those who appreciate transparency. Corporate culture favors immaturity, much like middle school. Management sit at the cool table, and if they like you you're in. This of course will have less to do with your talents than with your ability to accommodate the fragile temperaments (and occasionally, substandard professional qualifications) of your superiors.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe best leaders are associated with inspiration, not intimidation.

fun people, high stress environment, and typical low hospitality industry pay

Kissimmee, FL

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Prosfun people and beautiful resort

Consstressful environment, odd/long hours, no PTO/Sick time/vacation time for first year, bad benefits, low pay, extremely high turnover (even in upper management)

Vacation Planning Counselor - Review

Vacation Planning Counselor (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat culture, great pay, flexible hours, work from home, growing company

ConsFalse sense of career growth; Many new and existing owners are pushed or misled into purchasing

Avoid like the Plague.

Senior IT Professional (Former Employee)

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMoney, money, money! If you get in at a high salary and that's all you want.

ConsLike the other reviews this place is TOXIC! I was paid very well and had a great bonus. I also averaged more than 60 hrs a week working on salary. Our managers were a combination of petty, stupid, mean tempered, foul mouthed, self serving, glory grabbers or resigned to keeping their big pay check and ignoring the low life peers they worked with behaved. Plus when you work in the far flung offices you get to hear about the incredible gala holiday party you can't attend in NJ. Don't worry you get holiday doughnuts instead. Wyndham is a collection of purchased companies and some offices/locations are doing better that others. Still HR has crafted a technique to get the "Best Employer" rating by carefully weeding our bad internal surveys and showcasing staff that are sucking up to mgmt. Example, my anonymous survey required my department code/my manager's name and my office location (in US) otherwise I was anonymous. So guess how many honest surveys you get?

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Nothing is going to change here, well it can get even worse.

RCI Marketing. Bullied.

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time

ProsCoworkers were great, benefits were very good, work-life balance was alright

ConsUpper management are bullies. Typical corporate BS environment, even though they would like you to believe otherwise. I feel traumatized from working here. It was good for a while, and then it was just terrible. As an employee at Wyndham Worldwide, I feel that I spent so much time putting in hard work that was just completely wasted, and nobody cares about that. Working there was depressing and stressful. I felt underappreciated, my management did not support me at all. Because of that, it created a situation where I did not care about my work anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay closer attention to the needs of your "lower-level" employees! They are hurting at the expense of senior management.

Good, well managed company, with some faults

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time

ProsGood relationships between departments, bonus good, excellent communication from senior/executive management, expectations of position and team well described and understood.

Consgeographic distribution of teams leads to some management disconnects

Advice to Senior Managementremember how you grew the company, don't bow to the shareholders, don't let a high level mistake in one business unit hamper operations in others

If you want to work in an environment with ethics, good leadership and collaborative co-workers, avoid this Company.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for more than a year

ProsGood Salary. Good Name Recognition for Resume. Dry Cleaning, GYM and other amenities at Corporate HQ.

ConsUnethical Leadership, No work/life balance. Any example of Work/Life balance and/or Diversity is only for show and not an integral part of the culture. Incompetent leadership especially in HR. Executive Leadership is morally corrupt and are more about towing the line than developing a corporate culture that would reflect a world-class organization. Wyndham Corporate and the Hotel Business are led by people with extreme egos, greediness and incompetence.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house and start over.

Worked for Wyndham Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wyndham Worldwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wyndham Worldwide CEO Stephen P. Holmes. All 171 reviews posted anonymously by Wyndham Worldwide employees.