Wyndham Worldwide

Wyndham Worldwide Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Wyndham Worldwide Chairman and CEO Stephen P. Holmes

Stephen P. Holmes

Pros:
  • "Great benefits, good pay when you can make your numbers as a Resort Host"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Majority of the lower level employees are friendly and great people"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Any example of Work/Life balance and/or Diversity is only for show and not an integral part of the culture"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Senior management stays in their positions for long periods of time"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Stressful Environment With Lack of Communication Amongst Management

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for less than a year

ProsI worked at headquarters. The pay was decent and the benefits standard. The people were nice and the facilities were decent. They had events for the employees regularly and the cafeteria was one of the nicest I had every experienced.

ConsMy manager believed in meetings, meetings, meetings, but never allowed time to enact what we were to do in the meetings. Her expectations were unreal: I was to schedule events and include internal management but was never introduced to those managers.

She assigned her sidekick as my new manager who was abusive and overbearing. When we traveled either to the West Coast or Florida, we spent no more than one night, so we were all a wreck the next working day.

My request for a business cell phone was declined, but they didn't hesitate to call me on my personal cell and refused to pay for the calls. So I began ignoring the calls.

Emails were sent at 2am and if I woke up and didn't respond, I was considered a slacker.

A few yeas after I left, both my manager and her sidekick were terminated. Justice. I was so glad to leave that stressful environment and would never recommend it to anyone.

The company always receives rewards for their diverse environment, but they spend a lot of money marketing, sponsoring and selling this fact.

Wyndham 'Wynternship'

Wyntern (Former Employee)
Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide as an intern for less than a year

ProsThis program was a great program filled with company-wide activities, actual work within your department & experience with your interests, networking, and even conversations with top-level associates.

ConsThere really is not much to say, except for it does take a while for IT to process requests sometimes.

While working with the Wyndham family, they where very nice and helpful. I enjoyed the experience and the chance giving.

Line Cook, Prep Cook (Former Employee)
Rio Grande, PR

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for more than a year

ProsProfessional, open door policy, friendly, excellent resort for outsiders and business oriented.

ConsInvestigation not done correctly to their own policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery story has both side, the truth always come out, especially in my case, when I was wrongly acussed of wrong doing.

No Class

Call Center Representative (Former Employee)
Springfield, MO

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe pay is good for most positions.

ConsWyndham preys on the elderly as they have the best credit scores. They sell them packages that are great for travelling but fail to tell the buyers that they will pay ever rising maintenance fees, fees for more reservation transactions, fees for more guest confirmations, fees for late payments, fees for adding names to the ownership, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more emphasis on sales and their tactics. The resorts are amazing so the product should sell itself. High pressure tactics and even threatening tones by the sales staff should not be tollerated.

Great working environment, great executive leadership

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat executive leadership with a clear vision and message.
Excellent working environment.
Easy to find leaders willing to provide mentoring.

ConsSome levels of unproductive politics.
Middle management is not all that great - some seem detached from top leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementEliminate the politics and reward folks based on measurable performance.

Wyndham

Marketing Administrative (Current Employee)
Windsor, CA

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for more than a year

ProsLove everything about this company, the work, the people, the customers. All of it is amazing. I wouldn't want to work for any other company.

ConsNothing, there are no cons to this company. Get benefits, discounts and environment. The company is growing like crazy too so there are any job opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerfect

Unorganized, Unethical, Lacking Proper Leadership, Low Standards

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for less than a year

ProsPTO, Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement, company discounts.

ConsThere is no consistency, extremely low standards, unethical business practices, low standards for brands and management, gossip, favoritism, unclear expectations, no room for growth, you are punished for asking questions, no direction, dishonest, weak HR and upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the example of the companies you are competing with. Have consistent standards and enforce them.

Good for starting out and learning sales if you are interested in sales.

Community Marketing Agent (Former Employee)
Anaheim, CA

ProsGreat Benefits
Friendly Staff
Great learning experience for Sales/Customer Service, especially if it's the career path you want.

ConsSometimes unrealistic expectations
Not a lot of possibility of movement

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue giving support and training.
Allow for employees to move up or laterally to another position.

Inconsistent information with Wyndham

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Seaside, OR

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for less than a year

ProsHave no pro's for this job.

ConsYou work they pay minimum wage + commission. The problem is the minimum wage gets deducted from your commissions? So it is really hard to make any money. It is really quite crazy to think any co. would pay minimum wage and then you have to pay it back?

Advice to Senior ManagementStart by telling the truth to sales people that work there. know several of my friends that quit because they were flat out lied to.

Wyndham Benefits going Down Hill

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood vacation, usually a good boss, good life insurance.

ConsUsed to be good medical, dental and vision. All benefits have gone WAY downhill. Office visit payments outrageous, yearly deductibles to meet on any testing, so you are paying high fees out of pocket until say last quarter when yearly deductables are finally met. It has never been like this at Wyndham before. Is it Wyndham or is it Obamacare causing all this????

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile I am glad I have a job and don't intend to actively look for other employment, I will be asking all aquaintenances what kind of insurance they have. It is so important. While inflation hit everyone hard this year it hit us especially hard because all our medical bills have increased substantially.

Worked for Wyndham Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wyndham Worldwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wyndham Worldwide CEO Stephen P. Holmes. All 170 reviews posted anonymously by Wyndham Worldwide employees.