Wyndham Worldwide

Wyndham Worldwide Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Wyndham Worldwide Chairman and CEO Stephen P. Holmes

Stephen P. Holmes

Pros
  • Great benefits, good pay when you can make your numbers as a Resort Host(in 13 reviews)

• Excellent HR organization with a heavy focus on diversity and work / life balance(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Any example of Work/Life balance and/or Diversity is only for show and not an integral part of the culture(in 5 reviews)

• Long hours at times and hard for working mom(in 5 reviews)

If you follow procedure, remain positive and are likeable/trustworthy then you WILL earn GREAT money there!

Senior Owner Specialist & Sales Manager (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsHelping families to stay in 5 star resorts and to go on vacations they normally wouldn't go on all the while earning a great income with full benefits!

ConsEasy to get dragged down by negativity. Lots of rejection you need to move past to give each presentation an equal chance.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen someone gets caught up in the negativity or into a slump, rather then a general pep talk to everyone in the morning meetings, sit down with the rep and find out what motivates them and remind them why they are there, what they are working for before they end up walking away from the job. In conclusion, implement things to increase the companies retention rate of employees such as NO DRAW for the first 30 days or increase the flat salary (draw) from $250 for reps and $500 for managers by $250 and have NO DRAW on half for the first 30 - 60 days while reps and new managers adjust to their new position/job. It took me 3 months before I was able to figure out my presentation and become comfortable with it, however i did earn over $100,000.00 my first full calendar year.

Great

Manager of Compliance (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsGoodgrowth and opportunity for advancement

ConsVery fast paced, lack of training

Advice to Senior Managementconsider less o/t

A good place to work

Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

Prosstandardized procedures, friendly co-workers, good benefits

Conslong hours, hard for career advancement

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The company is ok. Great Benefit but long hours at times

Staff Accountant (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsGood benefits, good insurance and hotel discounts if the room has not been booked by customers. People are nice. Flex time is good. The managers try to make the environment better but it does not work all the times.

ConsLong hours at times and hard for working mom. No training on the job make it harder. Pay increase is minimal unless your manger likes you.

Enjoyable company to work for

Vice President (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGood experience with the company and senior management. Company was forced to adapt to changing economic conditions, but overall handled the situation well

ConsCould be difficult to navigate the corporate bureaucracy, but this was my first experience in a company of this size

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate wide organizational decisions and policies don't always provide the intended results in all departments.

Great company to work for.

Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsThe Benefits are very good.

ConsDownsizing happens frequently which does not create job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the application process easier. Get back with candidates more timely.

Flexibility in hours

Vacation Planning Counselor (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe product speaks for itself

ConsWork hours and the days off

Advice to Senior Managementspend more in marketing

Resort and Tourism Industry

Guest Services (Current Employee) Panama City Beach, FL

ProsFun place to work. Great employee attitudes and teamwork. Friendly, laid back atmosphere. Deal with guests who are very friendly.

ConsLow pay, and long hours, Management not in touch with employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in your employees

Great Management, Great Incentives, need a review of base salaries to keep peopel

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsBenefits ROCK.
    Management was first class
    VERY FUN company
    High expectations
    Possible to make great money

ConsSales are not for the weak hearted
    No no no no no no - get used to those words
    Need to have a base salary plus commission, not commission only

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your peeps until they get their feet on the ground - not just a few months!

Wonderful promises and opportunities in the interview... NOT IN REALITY!

Outdoor Sales Representative (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsTheir pay structure is fantastic and the possibilities are great!
    Good support from team leaders, although they tell you not to expect too much... 1/3 of the leads could be interested in changing their product.
    They have a business card program that requires the rep to go out to merchants around the business where the set appointment was. Goal was to talk to the owners and tell them that you don't have time now to explain everything but that your assistant would be calling them to set up a new appointment.

ConsLeads were few and not real... Most appointments were bogus, and most merchants were not aware what the appointment was all about. Some had no clue and the owners of the businesses were never available.
    I call them Cold leads.
    The business card program is for go-getters only... If you don't like walking into a store and try to get the business... this job is not for you!
    Commission only, and no money towards your gas or use of your vehicle... that can add up!

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice... they have it pretty well figured out... where else can you get FREE advertising...? By hiring hungry sales people, then giving them bogus leads... and tell them to go into neighboring merchants to advertise their product!

Worked for Wyndham Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!