Wyndham Worldwide

Profile Unclaimed

Get everything on paper

Current Employee - Cmp in Wisc Dells, WI
    Current Employee - Cmp in Wisc Dells, WI

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only pros is talking to a variety of people from all over the world as well as the company parties.

Cons

Get everything on paper. I got "timeshared". My manager said I was going to be making 5,000 to 14,000 a month. First thought was wow, I'll do it. Reality is that you get placed in the most terrible of locations with the already established marketers get the prime locations. They play favorites, so just stand your ground. Make sure you read the handbook, its very contradictive if you you are apparently do something wrong.

Stop playing the favorites game and actually value you employees opinion. And learn the definition of insubordination before you fire someone for answering a question.

Only if you're desperate. ....

Former Employee - Manager in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Bar is set very low, good facilities, good bonus

Cons

Silly country club atmosphere, incompetent unprofessional management, ceo is oblivious and surrounds himself with sycophants, management completely devoid of ethics, unparalleled senior management turnover

Stop the ice cream socials and million dollar patios and focus on running your company well, clean house

Contractor

Current Contractor - Senior IT Implementation Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Contractor - Senior IT Implementation Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work at. Really busy in IT related projects, and do alot of contracted work. Not contract to hire. Some of the perks include discounts for accommodations in Wyndham properties Worldwide.

Cons

Treat contractors as outcast. For example: They do ice cream socials for the whole building but specifically tell contractors they are not allowed. They do the same for Thanksgiving when handing out the turkeys to everyone in the building.

There are no company values. There's a great deal of back end favors taking place and the level of corporate politics is very high. Tough to get many things done in a timely fashion do to all the red tape and political landscape.

Micro Managment

Current Employee - Maintenance in Seaside, OR
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Seaside, OR

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (more than a year)

Pros

OK benefits, paid vacation, year round hours

Cons

Micro Managment, employees treated like slaves being FORCED to make beds etc. for housekeepers that are making PEACE RATE and not compensating us for it (not even sure thats legal), brown nosing gets you everywhere, NEW "DOP's" are ruining the company, suits sitting in there offices making company wide changes in the way the resorts are ran, it is making alot of good employees that have been working for 5-10 years quit..its not working.

there is just wayyyyy to much to list here...stop babysitting is #1..DOP's are not going to work,you guys are all about numbers, just look at the scores (medallia)

First job

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide

Pros

Dental insurance and good made good friends

Cons

Slave, work 12+ hours, I cannot grow in the company

Great

Current Employee - Manager of Compliance in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager of Compliance in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Goodgrowth and opportunity for advancement

Cons

Very fast paced, lack of training

consider less o/t

If you follow procedure, remain positive and are likeable/trustworthy then you WILL earn GREAT money there!

Current Employee - Senior Owner Specialist & Sales Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Senior Owner Specialist & Sales Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helping families to stay in 5 star resorts and to go on vacations they normally wouldn't go on all the while earning a great income with full benefits!

Cons

Easy to get dragged down by negativity. Lots of rejection you need to move past to give each presentation an equal chance.

When someone gets caught up in the negativity or into a slump, rather then a general pep talk to everyone in the morning meetings, sit down with the rep and find out what motivates them and remind them why they are there, what they are working for before they end up walking away from the job. In conclusion, implement things to increase the companies retention rate of employees such as NO DRAW for the first 30 days or increase the flat salary (draw) from $250 for reps and $500 for managers by $250 and have NO DRAW on half for the first 30 - 60 days while reps and new managers adjust to their new position/job. It took me 3 months before I was able to figure out my presentation and become comfortable with it, however i did earn over $100,000.00 my first full calendar year.

A good place to work

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Wyndham Worldwide part-time (less than a year)

Pros

standardized procedures, friendly co-workers, good benefits

Cons

long hours, hard for career advancement

The company is ok. Great Benefit but long hours at times

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Redmond, WA

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good insurance and hotel discounts if the room has not been booked by customers. People are nice. Flex time is good. The managers try to make the environment better but it does not work all the times.

Cons

Long hours at times and hard for working mom. No training on the job make it harder. Pay increase is minimal unless your manger likes you.

Enjoyable company to work for

Former Employee - Vice President in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Vice President in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good experience with the company and senior management. Company was forced to adapt to changing economic conditions, but overall handled the situation well

Cons

Could be difficult to navigate the corporate bureaucracy, but this was my first experience in a company of this size

Corporate wide organizational decisions and policies don't always provide the intended results in all departments.

Wyndham Worldwide Photos