WyoTech

Be The First To
Add Photos

schooling

Mechanic (Former Employee) Ormond Beach, FL

Proslearned alot from diffrent instructors all said to follow your five basic steps

Consneeded smaller class size and the attendance needs to be stricter it is pretty much favoritism in there honestly

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Great Team

ProsWe have a great small team. Although there are high pressure times, the support system from upper management is awesome!

ConsCommunication between various departments is a constant challenge, especially admissions and finance. The admissions team creates the process, but does not follow it themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdmissions needs to be held accountable more frequently.

I have thoroughly enjoyed working for WyoTech at the campus level.

Career Representative (Current Employee) Ormond Beach, FL

ProsI love the team that I work with and enjoy going to work every day. I enjoy being able to assist students with preparing for their careers in the motorcycle and marine industries

ConsThere is a lot of unrest in the corporate level and causes a lot of undue stress on employees. WyoTech would be better as a stand alone company than to be associate with Corinthian Colleges.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach. Do what is best for our students...not what gets you your annual bonus.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Potential to be a good company.

Career Service Representative (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsAbility to help others achieve their goal.

ConsCompany doesn't have much growth opportunity. Campus President is very tight with budget.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your webinars. You should consider consulting with the people who use the programs. Often they only hinder our work instead of helping. Also is doesn't help when you find out on the news that your company is being investigated by the SEC. It would be nice if we heard it directly

This is what is wrong with the American Education System

Motorcycle Specialty Instructor (Former Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsSome of the staff members were amazing to work with and really knew their stuff.

ConsA lot of the staff have no clue about what they are instructing. Many instructors were simply "backyard mechanics" that couldnt make a living so they became instructors. It is just a Diploma Mill. Get the students in, keep them happy and give them a passing grade.
    Any instructor that actually tried teaching something worth learning is quickly sent to meet with upper management and reprimanded for making the classes too hard. ANY complaint from a student for any reason is listened to and the instructor must defend themselves, right or wrong, because they have upset someone.
    Upper management have NO CLUE about motorcycles or boats and only care about numbers, not the product.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and defend your instructors

CBad choiceUn

Sales (Current Employee) Laramie, WY

ProsCoworkers were great, but, usually were fired within a year.

ConsPredatory recruiting at it's most deceptive. Management is on par with congress. They love to brag about changing students lives and they do by putting them in debt for life. Employers are losing respect since the school started operating like Everest and passing illiterate students who struggle to fill out an application correctly. The scales are completely one sided when it comes to 'work/life" balance and life is nowhere in the picture. It is an extreme pyramid type of management. You only speak to one level up on the organizational chart, but, the orders are handed down from California.
    If you go to work here, keep in mind, you will be selling your soul for the profit of the greedy. The CEO takes more in pay than the CEO's of the next 3 competitors combined.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck in with the field more than once a year at a regional meeting and get off your high horse.

Not the greatest place to work

Financial Aid (Former Employee) Blairsville, PA

ProsDecent pay and vacation/holidays are good. I worked with a lot of nice people and the students were very eager to learn.

ConsRevolving door for employees; management doesn't care about anything except the bottom line; students are lied to and lead to believe they will make a lot more money that actually true and the students leave deeply in debt with low paying jobs for most programs; no respect or appreciation for employees. No chance for advancement in campuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be more conscientious of treating employees with respect. they also need to listen more to those employees actually in the campus positions as to how the company needs to be run. Those people "in the trenches" have more insight than the top brass ever will. Also, WyoTech is not the same type of school as the Everest schools and should never have come in line with the same guidelines. These are very different types of schools and need to be run completely separate. Maybe if top brass came down from their offices and actually went to the schools and listened to the ideas of campus employees, they could get information to change this school for the better.

? Future

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Laramie, WY

ProsField really wants the school and students to do well. Pay is very good as well as the benefits.

ConsThe management at WyoTech is the forward button on their email. Something gets said at Corinthian and it is simply forwarded on down the line. This is unfortunate because much of what CCI is used to dealing with does not apply at all to WyoTech.

Advice to Senior ManagementCCI management needs to go to Laramie and speak with a few field reps before making more decisions. I would be willing to be that they have never even seen any of the campuses. Renaming Michael to the head of the WyoTech brand was the kiss of death for the school. He needs to stick to Everest if WyoTech is going to be successful.

It's just a diploma mill

Instructor (Former Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsDescent pay/benefits, good co-workers, dedicated staff, nice modern facility although not laid out right.

ConsNo employee loyalty, seniority means nothing, high pressure, the higher up the chain you get, the closer to the door you are. safest job at Wyotech is janitor. This school has been through six campus presidents and three or four director of edu.s in the short years they've owned it. No student ever fails, instructors are forced to give passing grades. 80% of graduates are mechanical morons, instructors know it, nothing they can do. Minimum passing levels are a joke.They don't even follow their own policies on attendance, drug use, or even theft, Student attrition is more important than producing a quality graduate grad. Instructors get blamed for everything. Class sizes too big, in their eyes the bigger the better, more $$$ all that matters. Poor reputation in the industry, many shops will never higher a Wyotech grad.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry reading employee suggestions and yearly employee company evaluations. Get off your high horse.

Ok for short term employment

Field Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Bismarck, ND

ProsSalary is ok, lots of training

ConsExtreme turnover
    Long hours
    No room to advance
    High pressureh

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with knee jerk reactions. Look at when the company was successful and the changes that were maxe since. Go back to what was working.

Worked for WyoTech? Contribute to the Community!