Wyse Technology

Updated Mar 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tarkan Maner

Product Specialist (Inside Sales Rep II)

Product Specialist (Inside Sales Representative ) (Former Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Wyse Technology full-time for less than a year

ProsNothing particularly stands out. But yeah, if you do a certain amount of sales they give out a variety of gift cards (Restaurants, Home Depot etc etc). I saw a colleague collect 3 $50 gift cards 3 weeks in a row.

ConsNo big cons. My boss in particular had a different personality. Other sales managers were definitely competent.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan't think of much here.

Great people and technology

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wyse Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsClose knit teams and good collaboration to get the job done, pay is relatively ok based on role of company

ConsUncertainty given Dell acquisition and continued integration pains, good talent continue to trickle out to competitors and employee morale low.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore team building and transparency for products and business direction on a regular basis

Old technology, no strategy, no vision ...

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wyse Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDell did some investments to open second breathe to this dying structure, as result, the company started hiring and is going to move to a brand new office soon. Benefits are OK, not prime. Onsite coffee & tea station, ping-pong table, rare team lunches paid from own pocket. Most co-workers are good.

ConsDirectors (former VPs) are wretched. For instance, ours has low confidence in engineers looking over their shoulders every minute unable to realize this reduces productivity and causing only frustration. Tends to play favorites in the workspace. No strategy, no vision, has resistance to use latest technology, weak in knowledge, afraid of failure. Treats subordinates like kids, telling them what to do and how to do it. If you don't do it, they he verbally attacks you. Sneaks around to see if you are surfing job sites. Demands for negative info about co-workers from a few 'trusted' sources. It's like being in slavery or a prison.

Management not in tune with careers

Product Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wyse Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAcquired by DELL, salaries are avg to good, Exec Management starting to turn over.

ConsManagement turnover is changing slow. Careers don't matter and trust is low of employees. No product vision or planning.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave and let live. Do you know if employees care about you or their Careers? Do you care how employees feel and if careers are growing? Take a few classes and start caring, you will keep good peoples happy and they will become better employees with your guidance. Money is not everything!

Sr. Manager of Sales - What a joke!

Inside Sales (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Wyse Technology full-time for more than a year

ProsDell company, so we have cool perks and discounts. Awesome Gym!

ConsMANAGEMENT! What kind of manager gets into a fist fight with his supervisors on company time? The Sr. Manager of Sales! He's had ton's of run in's with HR, but they just turn their heads, while he runs around the office like a frat kid yelling in your phone to sell. Definitely a poster child for a used car salesman. How this guys has been able to hold a job, is something that crosses everyone's mind!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of that guy! Let Dell Management take over and retire the old VP's (now Directors) from continuously driving people out the door, because their noses are so far up "in the cloud".

Small team collaboration allows things to get done quickly

I have been working at Wyse Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMinimal red tape and employees are generally good team players. Executives are active members invested in the company's success.

ConsWork/life balance is minimal, expect long work days and OT depending on the position. Aggressive growth strategy and ongoing integration into Dell will continue to foster this type of environment for employees

Wyse is only good for getting experience

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Wyse Technology

ProsGreat solutions and product.
Good health benefits.

ConsLow paying and unethical sale commission practices. Company is not sales rep friendly, they will do whatever to keep from paying commissions.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou get what you pay for, soon customers and services will be affected which will aftect sales

Good stepping stone to greener pastures

I have been working at Wyse Technology

ProsWyse is a great company to start at. Learn and understand the idiosyncrasies of a medium business and how it's run, everything from the technology itself to the management dealings. They do allow a little bit of growth within the company but not in the sense of salary.

ConsIt's a simple, single syllable word, Pay. Wyse is WAY below the industry standard in regards to their employee compensation. This in turn leads to a larger than normal employee turn around. Which leads me back to the first sentence in my "Pro" statement "Great company to START at". Once employees receive the experience they need, they find that they can make (in most cases) 50k more a year as starting wages with another employer

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that the economy in Silicon Valley has changed. We (the employees) are being aggressively recruited by prospected employers. If you want to retain the talent you have then you need to survey the market and pay accordingly.

Wyse

I have been working at Wyse Technology

ProsGreat place to develop and increase knowledge

Conspoor management vision on how to retain employees

New cover, old problems

Sales (Current Employee)
Munich (Germany)

I have been working at Wyse Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPossibility to work for Dell in other departments

ConsLost, aggressive management, in my case superiors with short,sad histories from previous companies, trying to revenge for previous errors. No leading theme, a lot of technical problems with old school solutions.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep aside, your old tricks do not work, you are not able to learn new ones.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Wyse Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wyse Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wyse Technology CEO Tarkan Maner. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by Wyse Technology employees.