XAP Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.1
Peter Knepper

Apply if you want to be challenged - not for the faint at heart and mind

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I have been working at XAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are the best; committed to continuous improvement; very challenging work; tremendous benefits;

Cons

Legacy baggage; conflicting priorities; too much work at times;

Advice to Management

Replace poor performers and politicians with caring, motivated, positive minded people that have the experience and the desire to get the job done through team work and collaboration.

2. Loved it until THEY ruined it!

Former Employee - Client Services Manager
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager

I worked at XAP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The People. Great Co-workers. Friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Management, Management, and poor management! I worked at XAP for 5 years and loved every minute of the hard work and low pay until the new management took over. Ren and Stimpy decided they knew what was best for the company and got the new CEO to drink the Kool-Aide. They made decisions based on favoritism instead of actual job knowledge. If you were a part of their group then you were "Golden". The other poor saps were marginalized, undervalued and treated like uneducated morons. Do I sound bitter? I'm not. Leaving that place was the best thing to ever happen in my life. I miss my friends their but I don't miss the superior attitude of one particularly clueless VP. Some of his decisions caused him to loose several loyal employees.

Advice to Management

Fire your VP's! They're lying to you! When 5 people from one department leaves, its the Manager, not the team.

Good Coworkers, Stagnant company

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Culver City, CA

I worked at XAP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the camaraderie with my other coworkers. Was easy to work with the other employees

Cons

This company is stagnant.

The technology stack was outdated, There was no drive to update the foundation code, the only drive by management is adding new features or customizations to the products. So the old foundation hinders development and the base code was not kept up-to-date with current technology or best practices.

There is no movement once in a position. Engineers are separated in their particular products and don't have much chance to branch out to other XAP products. There have also been no performance evaluations or raises in several years.

Advice to Management

Keep up-to-date on the current technology and methodology, Do not just focus on the new features requested by clients, but initiate projects to re-factor the foundation code base to bring it up to current standards in technology and design patterns.

Great product - no more

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I worked at XAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are the nicest and most helpful bunch I have ever worked with. There is a comfortable working environment and team collaboration. Everyone - always friendly and approachable.

Cons

There is no leadership or direction from management. Employees are not valued or rewarded. Problems are brushed under the carpet. The product is outdated and there is no investment to bring it current. Morale and motivation are low. There are a lot of office politics and its apparent to everyone.

Advice to Management

Fire upper management and bring in a new team to clean house and run a true software development shop.

No company goals

Former Employee - Software Developer in Culver City, CA

I worked at XAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really great caring people to work with.

Cons

Senior management lacks leadership skills. The company doesn't have any goals, so everyone does their own thing. For a technology company, they don't have up-to-date tools.

Advice to Management

Get new leadership that knows how to run a technology company.

One of THE worst companies ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I have been working at XAP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

the only pro with this company is working with co-workers on the NON-executive level.

Cons

Micromanagement; high employee turnover; lack of product roadmap goals; lack of truthfulness presented to clients; no proper product training; poor management from the top-down; lack of integrity with both employees and clients.

Run the while you still can!

I worked at XAP full-time

Pros

One Week holiday at the end of the year.

Cons

Oh god where do I begin.
    People are praised based on how well they are liked in the company, another words if you are a brown noser then you will get far.
    I don't know of anyone giving this company a 5 star review so that should tell you everything.
    I could write so much more but it would be a waste of time.

Advice to Management

Stop giving yourselves raises and actually work for a change. Typing on a keyboard is not work fix real issues with the company and the clients.
    Listen to employees rather than managers so you know what is the hard cold truth rather than someone putting a spin to it.
    Advice to the owners not the management: Fire every last one of the executives bring new people who actually have worked and have experience in software.

Frustrating Place To Work

I have been working at XAP full-time

Pros

The workers that actually perform their duties. They are usually hardworking individuals who are friendly.

Cons

Management is disconnected with their employees. Complaints about things that prevent you from doing your job goes nowhere. Their "answer" for those roadblocks are pretty much "you can only change yourself" as opposed to actually taking the time to remedy the situation.

Skill level of most individuals are not up to par with industry.

Advice to Management

Advice to CEO: Listen to all of Xap employees, not just your management. Management seems to always sprinkle sugar on the situation to cover up all the shortcomings. There is a reason morale is at an all-time low and why people are quitting at an alarming-rate.

A Group of Decent People With No Direction

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Culver City, CA

I worked at XAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There was a really talented group of people working at Xap at the time. Some seemed willing to work given a positive environment.

I had just come from a job where I always took work home with me. At Xap, this was not the case. I don't know if this speaks well of the company or not.

This work experience really helped me determine what direction I wanted to take with my life. In other words, I realized I was miserable working for a group of people that did not care about their employees and rather try to do something for myself, win or fail.

Cons

Unfortunately, most folks seemed to have no guidance or directions besides general company "goals". Many promises made were not kept, including bonus delivery. Not sure if any of the same people are there now, many "favorites" were played, a lot of bullying.

Seemed like no room for upward growth unless you spent years with company. I've worked for better companies that fostered my talents and were willing to promote me within the first year. this was not going to happen here.

Very negative managerial experience. My manager used issues I raised (i.e. I have an issue about this and told them months ahead to help me work it out, which they refused to do) to downgrade me on my bonus review and also used an ADA issue as something I should improve. I still got my full bonus, but there was no understanding about health or DA issues.

Advice to Management

Hope things are doing well with new management. Please take better care of employees and treat them with respect.

Company goal yes. Company plan no.

Former Employee - Director in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Culver City, CA

I worked at XAP full-time

Pros

Management latitude - you had relative freedom on hours and generally social corporate culture.

Cons

Lacking management direction, focus, and resources. Trying to do things non-revenue generating. Integration with Bridges still a prevalent problem with no end solution.

Advice to Management

What is XAP doing now? Haven't heard much of the company since I left.

RSS Feed </> Embed