XCell Enterprizes Reviews

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014

3.3

Lori Cooper

Great Opportunity that rewards hard work

I have been working at XCell Enterprizes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere in the office. Friendly, team environment. Very goal oriented and management cares about personal development.

I really appreciated all the one-on-one training in both the office and at the events. I learned better communication skills and how to chose your attitude and response to every situation. It is intense and fast-paced and requires hard work, but that is rewarded. I loved the marketing strategies and the structure in everything.

Cons

As I mentioned, it is hard work and fast paced, if that is not for you then this company is not for you.

Wants you to work hours and not get paid

Former Employee - Sales  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Sales in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at XCell Enterprizes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good sales training for one on one.

Cons

Wants you to put in the hours, but won't pay you for it. Lots of required work to do at home, off the clock. Refuses to pay for your 1st hour of orientation. This is not a job for an a veteran sales person, and might work for someone young enough not to see that they are not being paid what they are working. Would not suggest as a good work place.

Honesty would go a long way. Treat people like professionals and you will get professionals. You can not trick someone into being a loyal employee or hard worker.

The people are great, the job isn't.

Former Employee - Event Coordinator  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Event Coordinator in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at XCell Enterprizes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely loved working with everyone in the office. There wasn't a single person that I disliked and everyone was very motivated and focused on goals, growth, and opportunity. Additionally, I came away having learned some important skills such as confidence, goal setting, and how to take no for an answer.

Cons

This company has multiple job listings across a wide variety of job search websites and most are very misleading. Many say that it is a "marketing" job and some even go as far as to say that it involves "public relations." As someone with a B.A. in Advertising and Public Relations, I can say with certainty that there are no such components here. This is a sales job, plain and simple. On some listings it says that there are media relations and trade show components but that's not true. Here's the real job description: You sell products to people in retailers like Sam's Club and Meijer. That's it. And not only that, but it's commission based. Managers will tell you "numbers don't matter" but they do. If you can't make good numbers, you won't last long in this company. On top of that, the hours are horrendous. At the entry level, you're expected to work 8 hours a day for 12 straight days (that's how long a typical campaign lasts). While you get a whopping 1.5 days off at the end of the campaign, you're also not able to take any time off. You're supposed to be able to become a manger after 6 months of floor sales but even that's not a guarantee if you don't consistently sell high. And selling high can be difficult because most products are low quality and overpriced. Overall, if you're looking for a sales job, are a people person, and don't mind not having a life for 6 months, then this is the job for you.

Stop spamming job search websites with multiple entries that contain misleading information about the job description. It loses credibility for your company and leaves a bad taste with employees. Also, don't tell your employees that sales numbers don't matter when they clearly do.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Okay to start out when entering the field but the overall experience wasn't worth it.

I worked at XCell Enterprizes full-time

Pros

No micromanagement. Just wasn't for me.

Cons

The training wasn't too great. Be ready to work weekends!

Very motivating and fun! Great opportunity

I have been working at XCell Enterprizes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very team oriented and focused on helping me reach my personal and professional goals. Xcell takes the time to set up 1 on 1 and personally coach and train you to be the best.
    Xcell teaches you how to learn how to accept NO for an answer without taking it personally. Something I feel has benefited me in my personal life as well. I was one who focused on negative instead of positives and Xcell taught me to find 3 positive things out of every negative, which has helped me grow immensely.

Cons

Learning to accept NO for an answer.

Continue to be very selective in who you bring on board. Only the best of the best understand the opportunity that is here and are willing to put in the time and effort required to make it to management in just 6 months.

A fun and fast paced environment filled with relationships and learning!

I have been working at XCell Enterprizes full-time

Pros

There is a strong team atmosphere. This company has very strong values and ethics, which start at the top and trickle all the way down. This is very positive, fun group of people who are very focused on educating consumers consumers about their clients, and employees about every aspect of their events and company. Questions are encouraged, and any negatives are always addressed. There is always room for growth and advancement, which is based on personal performance and not seniority - hard work is rewarded and poor work ethic is not tolerated. There is an open communication policy, and networking is encouraged. I have learned so much and grown professionally and personally in my time here!

Cons

If you are looking for a 9-5 office job and are not looking to advance yourself, this probably isn't the place for you.

Worked for XCell Enterprizes? Contribute to the Community!