XLA Reviews

Lloyd M. Mustin II

1. Contract Specialist and Contract Adminstrator

Current Employee - Contract Specialist in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Contract Specialist in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at XLA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have had four years of prior successful experience as a contract specialist and consultant at XLA. I also worked as a supervisor/mentor and managed troubled employees for XLA. I would be an excellent candidate for a contract specialist since I am familiar with some of XLA's customers and I am familiar with XLA policies and regulations. With my prior work experience, it would be foolish to pass this talent by.

Cons

Unfortunately, most of XLA clients reside in down town DC. There are career opportunities outside the beltway which would be my preference.

Advice to Management

I wish to maintain my TS/SCI clearance in an open position. My education and years of experience would prove to be an asset to any acquisition agency. I have worked in the intelligence community for more than fifteen years. I wish to work in this type of contracting environment for years to come.

2. Contract Support Specialist

I have been working at XLA

Pros

The company values their employees extremely high

Cons

There really are no Cons to XLA. they are great.

3. Great Company, Depends on the Govt Client

I have been working at XLA

Pros

HR and Program Managers are helpful.

Cons

If the government client sucks then they can't do much.

5. They respect your time!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at XLA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The recruiters do not waste your time sending you to interviews where you are not a good match. I not only work for XLA on a client site but I hire for this site too. Once XLA found my resume I interview with them over the phone, interviewed with their client in person and was hired, all in a two day time period.

Cons

The project that I am on pays very little and there are no benefits but it is my understanding that XLA has other projects that pay better with benefits. I do not think that XLA does performance reviews or salary increases.

Advice to Management

Provide performance reviews and an opportunity for salary increases. Reward your employees!

6. XLA

I worked at XLA

Pros

You will enjoy this company if you don't like micromanagement. It is a very empowering job with hands off management.

Cons

XLA offered a very low salary compared to a very high burn rate. There was little room for advancement, poor benefits, and poor career development.

Better than most large organizations

Current Employee - Contract Specialist
    Current Employee - Contract Specialist

I have been working at XLA

Pros

The management is very, very good. Seems like they've heard enough complaints over the years and wish to make things better. Based on the contractor you work, you may telework or have flexible schedule. You must submit timesheets on a daily basis which is annoying They really do care about their employees and they try very hard to give recognition. The HR team is great!!!

Cons

They need to win more contracts or things like benefits can look bad. You have opportunities for growth but it will take a long time. The benefits coordinator isn't so good, may need to retire but not the best at what they do. The annual increase is only 1% no matter how hard you work. Yes it's true, 1% Benefits are pretty bad. Paying $300 per pay period for 2 people

Advice to Management

Pay staff better and give a decent salary increase to top performers.

8. good

Former Employee - Program Support in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Program Support in Washington, DC

I worked at XLA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice people, good benefits and location

Cons

i don't have any negatives

Make your employees look forward to coming to work for you

I worked at XLA full-time

Pros

CEO is a delightful individual with a real passion for growing the company. Many co-workers were eager to make you feel like home and participate. The company has a fabulous give back to the community group working with children and supporting food banks.

Cons

Really need a Director of Business Development to make strategic, economical, client facing decisions while considering resources. This is not the appropriate job function of the COO whose main focus is growing the company financially. Employee benefits were reduced while prices were raised. Work-Life balance does not exist. Most employees were articulating their dismay with the new policies and procedures.

Advice to Management

Money should have been spent on employee benefits, not office space upgrades. Value and or consider the opinions of your highly intelligent employees. They were hired for their expertise.

ALON Review

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

I worked at XLA full-time

Pros

Open to exposing employees to new areas - I was hired for a different position than I ended up in - which helped me tremendously. Free insurance. Pretty cool owner of the company. Came in late - they didn't bother me.

Cons

Doesn't seem to be open to allowing raises before 1 year mark, even at their own best interest. Management was not very knowledgeable at the time of my employ about the position they had me in or what I was doing (at least not my managers' manager)

Advice to Management

None - the company has since merged - I wouldn't think that anything that happened previously applies

Not a Good Company to work..

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Lorton, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Lorton, VA

I worked at XLA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer you the good money.

Cons

Not a good company, do not trust the management, work for the company two weeks in DHS facility, and all of sudden got text from the program manager, "your position on the contract was eliminated" with absolutely NO reason and explanation. In 15 year of my career never seen such a unprofessioanal management. highly, highly not recommended.

Advice to Management

please take care of rest of you employees, and be proffesional

RSS Feed </> Embed