XO Communications Reviews in Santa Ana, CA

2.8

Chris Ancell

Pros
  • Great people that want to solve problems (in 18 reviews)

• Flexible working hours, work-life balance, easy to get to location (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The idea of a lay off over your head every year even when upper management said there would be none (in 14 reviews)

• No raises, limited or politically motivated employee recognition (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

XO hired me three separate times.

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at XO Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company to work for; employees were good to excellent. Engineering staff extremely supportive of sales people. Company hired me in 1998, 2003 and 2007. Benefits were above average.

Cons

In 1998 my sales manager was horrible; in 2003 my sales manager was excellent being supportive, helpful and in the office or reachable; last manager in 2007 through 2008 was never there for new sales people and split daily by 3 PM.

Quit making mass hiring decisions only to turn around with six month laying 75% of the new hires off.

The company is floundering and needs to invest heavily in it's network and back end systems in order to remain viable.

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at XO Communications

Pros

There are very talented people who are devoted to the company and who work very hard.

Cons

The reputation is so tarnished due to poor customer service and network unreliability, it is very difficult to convince customers to trust their business to XO.

Step up and make the investments or sell the company.

Be ready to gringit out.

Current Employee - Mae  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Mae in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at XO Communications

Pros

Local management in place at the time. Unfortunately, they left with in 3 month of arrival. Well known name with a very complete product set. The majority of the people are solid.

Cons

High quota given the commodity nature of the products. Very high turn-over is on-going. This is not the place to be if you do not have direct industry experience Open territory stifles any knowledge sharing.

See above to encourage exchange of info between filed personnel.

Worked for XO Communications? Contribute to the Community!