XSport Fitness Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Steven M Rayman

Pros
  • Friendly staff, room for advancement, free gym membership, lively environment, not a desk job (in 11 reviews)

• Great people, opportunity for advancement to a certain point, free gym membership, you become family with your coworkers (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours but its made up for with the compensation (in 6 reviews)

• If your upper management likes you, you'll succeed and they'll excuse failures (in 5 reviews)

1. Great company to work for. Very fair company.

Current Employee - Manager in Big Rock, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Big Rock, IL

I have been working at XSport Fitness full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

More than fair compensation. Great work atmosphere. Company really cares about employees.

Cons

I've been there 5 years and have no complaints. Very fair company to work for. They treat you like family.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. Fair

Former Employee - Front Desk in Berwyn, IL
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Berwyn, IL

I worked at XSport Fitness (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun staff, laid back and positive energy from the members. Free membership, good medical and dental benefits. Plus paid vacation days after one year!

Cons

Hard to meet goals each month, Little or no help from corporation and they promote from within much show much favoritism to top sellers vs. the dedicated

3. Customer Service/Corporate

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Big Rock, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Big Rock, IL

I have been working at XSport Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ok benefits. No working weekends other than the last Saturday of the month.

Cons

Poorly managed. Phone system outdated. Policies outdated. Minimal respect from co-workers. Too many gray areas. Minimal guidance. No room to move up. No raises offered after 6 months unless you get promoted, which is rare. Show little to no value of their employees.

Advice to Management

Update phone system, alter outdated policies, update computers, expand customer service office, make rounds to the gyms, re train sales personnel @ gyms as they can be shady and that is not fair to the members.

Front Desk/Child Play

I worked at XSport Fitness

Pros

Free gym membership to all Xsport locations

Cons

Lazy management. For example, like a manager getting her hair done during work hours while no one is present at the front desk or taking naps in the backroom. High turn over

Advice to Management

Be more organized and make sure employees are scheduled to fill all shifts. Hire experienced managers that care about working

General Manager

I worked at XSport Fitness

Pros

Compensation is almost worth it

Cons

Complete lack of work/life balance. Management works minimum 60 hours week, punished consistently with more days and more hours, if not one thing it's another. Even if your store is performing, you'll be mandated to work additional days since the company/area/region is down in one fashion or another. You can make from 60k to 100k plus but it doesn't matter if you never see your family or friends. Find somewhere else to get paid.

Advice to Management

If there were any sort of balance at any point it'd be a million times more favorable to work there. Nearly a decade I worked there, I kept telling myself just a bit longer. Not worth it.

Just DON'T do it

Former Employee - Manager in Big Rock, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Big Rock, IL

I worked at XSport Fitness full-time

Pros

Insurance. That is it. I spent almost 4 years working for this AWFUL company and I would take back everything if I could. It was the best day of my life when I was offered another opportunity and walked away from this joke of a company.

Cons

Everything. Most of what they do is illegal. I'm shocked They haven't had MORE lawsuits from previous employees (they've had several). They could care less about you. They have no interest in making their employees happy. They will treat you like garbage. They will walk all over you. They will make sure to point out to you daily that they are giving you a paycheck so you should be happy with that. You can get paid somewhere else...I suggest you never, ever, even give them the time of day.

Advice to Management

Sell the business. You are disgusting people that take advantage of anyone and everyone if it means an extra buck in your pocket. It's really unfortunate that people like you aren't in jail yet.

8. Awesome Environment

Former Employee - SPA Assistant Manager in Annandale, VA
    Former Employee - SPA Assistant Manager in Annandale, VA

I worked at XSport Fitness (More than a year)

Pros

sales driven, fun, healthy environment

Cons

option to move up sometimes isn't fair

Advice to Management

provide more fair opportunities for advancement

Group X Instructor

Current Employee - Group Fitness Instructor
    Current Employee - Group Fitness Instructor

I have been working at XSport Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment. It is nice to be surrounded by a group of people who care about their health.

Cons

I wish there was a role for dietitians so clients can also learn about healthy food in addition to the workout.

Advice to Management

Hire a full time dietitian.

General Manager

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at XSport Fitness

Pros

Of the industry probably one of the best to work for. Pay is good for a General Manager. Base is 80,000 can bonus up to 120,000. definitely room for advancement if you can sell enough

Cons

you are going to pretty much live there. Great if you don't mind working A LOT. It can be fun but you will work long hours especially at the end of the months... can log 70-80 hour weeks sometimes.

Advice to Management

Focus more on family/ life balance and would be 10000x better overall pretty good though.

11. PT XIT Instructor

Former Employee - Personal Trainer
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer

I worked at XSport Fitness (Less than a year)

Pros

great people to work with, clients are fun and energetic

Cons

the company really only wants to make money, they put a lot of pressure on the trainers to sell pt packages or they will get rid of them, a lot of my clients never came back because they felt pressured into buying packages and could feel it was about the money.

Advice to Management

walk around and get to know your people and customers and listen to their ideas

RSS Feed </> Embed